Palmetto State Armory MP5 clone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Apparently PSA is looking to get into the MP5 clone game. They released a couple of Shot Show teaser pictures of an MP5 clone and said all work on it was being done in-house. From the picture, it'll be either a pistol or an SBR so I just picked one for where to put the post.

photo0-416053-385x513.jpg

photo0-416054.jpg

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/01/11/hk-psa-palmetto-state-armory/

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, they did their version of the AK and I haven’t heard any complaints, so why not a H&K? Go PSA

I heard they may have had a small issue in the beginning but quickly got it sorted out. I find their stuff to be non-fancy, good quality stuff. More function than form which suits me just fine. I think I've got a couple of uppers and a few BCGs from them and haven't had any issues.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    I certainly hope so. Their stuff is generally well received and gets pretty good reviews. So if the quality of the new stuff is comparable to the quality of the current stuff, the new stuff should be pretty good as well.

I, along with many others, have had issues with PSA parts and their horrible customer service.

You may like them, because you have never handled quality before.

It's even worse that some of their parts come from overseas.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I, along with many others, have had issues with PSA parts and their horrible customer service.

I like them because I've never had issues with their parts or their customer service. It's possible your experience and the experience of some other people may not be the same.

They have a 2.5 out of 5 rating on Yelp.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/palmetto-state-armory-columbia

They have a 8.01 out of 10 rating on Reseller Ratings.
    https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Palmetto_State_Armory

They have an A+ with the BBB. They have a 4.24 out of 5 from the reviews with 21 positive and 29 negative reviews.
    https://www.bbb.org/columbia/busine...n-columbia-sc-34084856/reviews-and-complaints

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    The better business bureau is a joke... I own a business and would never be caught lying down with that bunch... You pay to get good ratings, perhaps they can partner with a church and offer a payment plan to get into heaven too... Watch where you get your advise from, including me.

Aside form that, I am not really sure why everyone and their uncle needs to be cloning hk roller guns... Old design, heavy, mags are not cheap, plentiful or compatible with other designs...

The newer B&T 9mm that MAC did a vid on recently looks cool, it has a threaded and tri lug barrel, and has a "very expensive" brace option. The scorpion is another option that must be lighter. Pistol caliber carbines make me wonder anyway, but these "subgun" size 9mm pistol/sbr are interesting. Not sure if they offer anything a glock/micro roni combo does not. They are more expensive and use more expensive mags than the glock roni.

I have a few hk and clones, design has historical importance for sure, and there must be a market for new mfg guns in the style. I guess that is what it boils down to, if PSA can keep it inexpensive they will sell bunches of them, and that will be good for all of us! I have bought a lot of stuff from PSA, some of it their own brand. The PA10 upper, LPK and lower were well made, went together as expected and functioned 100%.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

I like them because I've never had issues with their parts or their customer service. It's possible your experience and the experience of some other people may not be the same.

They have a 2.5 out of 5 rating on Yelp.
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/palmetto-state-armory-columbia

They have a 8.01 out of 10 rating on Reseller Ratings.
    https://www.resellerratings.com/store/Palmetto_State_Armory

They have an A+ with the BBB. They have a 4.24 out of 5 from the reviews with 21 positive and 29 negative reviews.
    https://www.bbb.org/columbia/busine...n-columbia-sc-34084856/reviews-and-complaints
    Well, I’ve been dealing with them for better than 10 years and other than a hiccup or 2 during their move I’ve never had a single issue they didn’t work out right away.
    As far as the quality of their parts: the PSA parts are great quality with great prices. I’ve built quite a few rifles with their parts and can speak to that. They also sell other major brands of parts and complete firearms and generally have the best prices. The last thing I bought from them was a few weeks ago, a mossberg shockwave for $299. Check that price out.
    Their premium BCG’s can many times be had for less than $100 and I’d put them on par with most other brands. I own half a dozen at least. All of their small AR milspec parts are premium quality. Their CHF barrels are made by FN. They have long offered the lowest price built lower receivers I have seen. Some with magpul furniture and premium polished trigger groups I’ve bought for $149.
    They do also offer the PTAC line of AR rifles that are produced elsewhere and they are dirt cheap. Like $400 AR cheap. Anybody with a lick of sense should not expect those to be on par with anything decent.

leadslinger972

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 1, 2017
    St Tammany
    Well, I’ve been dealing with them for better than 10 years and other than a hiccup or 2 during their move I’ve never had a single issue they didn’t work out right away.
    As far as the quality of their parts: the PSA parts are great quality with great prices. I’ve built quite a few rifles with their parts and can speak to that. They also sell other major brands of parts and complete firearms and generally have the best prices. The last thing I bought from them was a few weeks ago, a mossberg shockwave for $299. Check that price out.
    Their premium BCG’s can many times be had for less than $100 and I’d put them on par with most other brands. I own half a dozen at least. All of their small AR milspec parts are premium quality. Their CHF barrels are made by FN. They have long offered the lowest price built lower receivers I have seen. Some with magpul furniture and premium polished trigger groups I’ve bought for $149.
    They do also offer the PTAC line of AR rifles that are produced elsewhere and they are dirt cheap. Like $400 AR cheap. Anybody with a lick of sense should not expect those to be on par with anything decent.

From what you and Perez have stated, I can already make the generalization that neither of you know what quality looks like.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

From what you and Perez have stated, I can already make the generalization that neither of you know what quality looks like.
    Bwa hahahaha!!
    Mr AR Guru,
    I’ve been buying shooting and building AR rifles since 1980. I know that I don’t care for the spazzoid 2 thousand dollar plus AR that sits on a pedestal and has a shrine built in its name but fails to do anything better than any of the 34 AR rifles I have in my possession today. I never buy a name to impress or because I’m afraid to own a less popular rifle or part. I buy what I know gets the job done and the job is to shoot the ammo I load it with without fail and to get it downrange consistently. Any measure of quality past that is purely cosmetic and bragging rights. Nearly half the AR’s I own are Colt rifles from the 70’s on and they don’t perform any better or worse than my others from the PSA’s to the Seekins and beyond.
    So go ahead and make your mistaken generalizations and show us all your ignorance

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom