Scope mounting

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    This is a little embarrassing, but I no longer have the means to mount and boresight a scope. I have one rifle that needs the cheapo glass swapped out (i have the new glass and rings) and another rifle that needs the scope remounted. Obviously I willing to pay for the service. It isn't a rush, but the sooner I can get it done, the sooner I can put some rounds downrange and get the rifles sighted in. Neither are expensive rifles and the glass is mid range.

I have no problem driving a little ways to drop them off or wait. I live in the NOLA metro area.

Any ideas where to go?

Thanks in advance.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    This is a little embarrassing, but I no longer have the means to mount and boresight a scope. I have one rifle that needs the cheapo glass swapped out (i have the new glass and rings) and another rifle that needs the scope remounted. Obviously I willing to pay for the service. It isn't a rush, but the sooner I can get it done, the sooner I can put some rounds downrange and get the rifles sighted in. Neither are expensive rifles and the glass is mid range.

I have no problem driving a little ways to drop them off or wait. I live in the NOLA metro area.

Any ideas where to go?

Thanks in advance.

I’m not really close to you otherwise I would offer. I have a $50 kit from Academy. I’ve had it for 10 years but If you can see down the bore you can bore sight a gun with no tools required.

Standby for YouTube tutorial

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Full disclosure I haven’t watched this video yet I just googled it and pick one. I reserve the right to retract my statement once I watch it.

Updated:
    Yep that’s what I expected to see

Last edited:

BOSS302

Pain is temporary
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    SELA
    My issue is that I have no way to properly mount the scope, nor do I want to waste time on trying to get it right. I no longer have the tools and setup to do it to my standard.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    My issue is that I have no way to properly mount the scope, nor do I want to waste time on trying to get it right. I no longer have the tools and setup to do it to my standard.

Fair enough everyone has their own comfort level, but I’ve done this with an Allen wrench and a countertop. Getting the scope squared-up to the gun and getting the crosshairs close enough to hit paper at 25 yards is all that is important. To this day I don’t own a scope leveling tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom