Pocket Guns.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I can pocket carry 12+1 9mm in my Sig P365 when going downtown to the French Quarter. The .380 mostly goes with me to the grocery store. The 351C .22 Magnum goes with me fishing. The NAA is loaded with snake shot.

I carry multiple ARs, four sidearms, and wear full body armor when I venture down to the French Quarter...
    There’s nothing for me down there. Haven’t been in a few years.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Sig P938 or P238. Prior to that i had a little S&W 342 Ti Lite, concealed hammer double action revolver. It was just a little too large and my wife kept seeing it for what it is, so I got the Sig's. Not enough difference in size to be noticeable in the 9mm and .380 so i carry the 9. I have a Red Dog leather wallet style pocket holster. It is very thin leather and has a flap that folds over the gun butt so if it is seen it looks like a large pocket wallet.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    There are times when I feel compelled to go minimalist and front pocket anything from a 5 shot .357 hammerless snub to a .32 or .380 Seecamp. Usually it’s due to summer weather/summer attire, but sometimes when I wanna be uber discrete. I draw the line at pen guns and cell phone gimmick guns.

I have been really wanting a seecamp in 380... Really bad...

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    I edc a Springfield 911 .380, The black one with the green grips. It is niiiice. Sometimes I carry 4' oclock, every now and then appendix, lots of pocket carry. Great little gun, Muddyriver tactical waterbuffalo leather holster, works in every position, like its not even there, for pocket carry too. I usually carry the flush 6 rd mag + 1, and the extra 7rd mag as a spare, I like carrying the mag with the pinky rest as a back up because its easier to reload than the flush one while the flush one conceals better. My "South-Shore carry" preference is a cz75 SP-01 in an kydex IWB appendix or 4'oclock, yes that is uncomfortable, no I don't care.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    How many of y'all carry a pocket gun? I have 5 that I rotate and carry daily. Sig P365, Sig P938, S&W Bodyguard .380, S&W 351C .22WMR, NAA .22WMR.

Not sure I would call the P365 a pocket gun. I think it's a weight class up from the P238, P938, LCP 1 or 2, and Bodyguard. I pocket my P365 when I have to, but it prints big when it's in there.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I used to only pocket carry, my Kahr CM9, or my AMT backup II in 380.

I still pocket the CM9, or my Glock 43, usually the CM9 if it goes in the pocket.

I love that Kahr trigger.

I mostly carry these pocket guns on my waist, quicker to draw and still disappear.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I have been really wanting a seecamp in 380... Really bad...
    Yeah, it’s actually a decent shooter, especially for the size. Can’t say that about the 32 ACP but it is what it is. Feels almost like a zippo lighter in the pocket and it always wants to rotate muzzle up in my pocket. Have to fish it out by the dang trigger guard.
    My dad saw it and asked me “what size box of cracker jacks does that come in?”

JimCunn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2019
    Collierville, TN USA
    There are three that I pocket carry.
    1) 12.5oz S&W 637-2 J-frame converted to titanium cylinder and reamed for 9mm
    2) Kimber Micro 9 modified to 8+1
    3) Kimber Micro .380 modified to 8+1

Spleen

Day of the Rope!
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Jefferson Parish
    I do not rotate. I carry the same pistol in the same holster the same way daily.

This.
    I’d like to add that I also train with my carry firearm regularly using the position I carry it in.
    Muscle memory and repetition are invaluable assets in a stressful circumstance where thinking will definitely be cloudy at best.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    This.
    I’d like to add that I also train with my carry firearm regularly using the position I carry it in.
    Muscle memory and repetition are invaluable assets in a stressful circumstance where thinking will definitely be cloudy at best.

What he said.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    This.

Sure, but sometimes life gets in the way and other solutions are needed. There is no "one size fits all" but there might be a "one size fits most."

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom