9mm AR upper assembly $140

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Make model and what happened please? It’s not bashing if it happened. Could save some of us the wallet and heartache. Thanks
    Wonder if the $140 upper would outlast a 1300 Dolla AR pistol...

Kinda like posting up a deal on any decent shooter pistol for less than $200 new. It somehow brings out too many folks who wanna warn everybody that it’s such a bad idea because they’re too cheap to be reliable or anything but disposable, although I doubt they’re speaking from any true experience with the model being discussed. I’m glad to find deals on basic build stuff like this that I can just have fun with and not have the same worries I would have with a $1300 AR pistol. Especially if it fell apart in my hands?

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Make model and what happened please? It’s not bashing if it happened. Could save some of us the wallet and heartache. Thanks

Springfield SAINT Edge Pistol
    Other than the four handguard screws backing out and the handguard rotating on the barrel nut, PMAG's would not drop free.

STE9103556B_2000xN.png

Springfield's QA/QC has been lacking.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

Kinda like posting up a deal on any decent shooter pistol for less than $200 new. It somehow brings out too many folks who wanna warn everybody that it’s such a bad idea because they’re too cheap to be reliable or anything but disposable, although I doubt they’re speaking from any true experience with the model being discussed. I’m glad to find deals on basic build stuff like this that I can just have fun with and not have the same worries I would have with a $1300 AR pistol. Especially if it fell apart in my hands?

Warning someone is okay. I'm not going to bash anyone for wanting to be frugal, but they should be wary of what they are spending their money on.

I couldn't tell you if an unnamed $140 9mm AR upper would outlast the $1300 Springfield SAINT Edge Pistol, but I wouldn't necessarily spend my money on either.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Springfield SAINT Edge Pistol
    Other than the four handguard screws backing out and the handguard rotating on the barrel nut, PMAG's would not drop free.

STE9103556B_2000xN.png

Springfield's QA/QC has been lacking.

Thanks Dave. It sure is a good looking pistol. I watched my friends early model Ruger 556 trigger pins constantly work out, castle nut work loose, had one other issue but I forgot what it was. Just one doesn’t mean they are all bad but if there is a trend...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Thanks Dave. It sure is a good looking pistol. I watched my friends early model Ruger 556 trigger pins constantly work out, castle nut work loose, had one other issue but I forgot what it was. Just one doesn’t mean they are all bad but if there is a trend...
    Guess Ruger didn’t stake the castle nut? Easy fix. I’ve seen people have problems with trigger pins when they build a lower or swap a trigger because they fail to seat pins and springs properly. Not to say some don’t require anti walk pins. It’s sometimes a matter of poor machining.
    Sounds like Springfield ran outa thread locker...
    Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Guess Ruger didn’t stake the castle nut? Easy fix. I’ve seen people have problems with trigger pins when they build a lower or swap a trigger because they fail to seat pins and springs properly. Not to say some don’t require anti walk pins. It’s sometimes a matter of poor machining.
    Sounds like Springfield ran outa thread locker...
    Just my 2 cents.

I've seen Daniel Defense rifles leave the factory with castle nuts that were not torqued and a stake that looked more like a scratch. It happens.

I've personally had the Springfield rifle fall apart on me. I also have photos of a Springfield SAINT that arrived without a gas tube roll pin.

Pick a company and I've probably seen issues from them. The difference between good and bad is what the company does when you point it out to them. There is a certain point where you start paying for QC and the assembly of the firearm.

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette

I would venture to say since its blow back on a 9mm it's only about wear and tear on the rifling. Your bcg and buffer do all the work.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    IMPRESSIVE !!
    On a side note, next time anybody disses my Frontier poly lowers I’m sending them this vid.
    It really is. Most at gas tubes in his melt down videos fail between 400-800 rounds full auto.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    No they do not. But the in comparison to a DI rifle for this 9mm to go the long haul is impressive. His 22 suppressed video is impressive also. Very little heat.

You're comparing apples to oranges.

5.56 case pressures are around 55kpsi while 9mm is less than half of that.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Gas tube or not, 5k rounds on full auto, as fast as you can feed a 9mm PCC and no breakage. I guess one could knock that, but their opinion wouldn’t hold any weight afterward.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Gas tube or not, 5k rounds on full auto, as fast as you can feed a 9mm PCC and no breakage. I guess one could knock that, but their opinion wouldn’t hold any weight afterward.

I don't think anyone is "knocking" it. I'm just pointing out that comparing it to a DI 5.56 gun on full auto is much harsher on parts than what the 9mm gun is experiencing.

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    Exactly 5000+ rounds on any platform regardless if its DI, piston, or blowback on full auto that is impressive. But in his melt down videos DI and Piston all fail at some point.

So what I was getting at is if he can put this many rounds down range and still get accurate shots afterwards. I dont see any thing wrong with having an AR9 that cost $140. Friction and heat is what damages a barrel. And I really seriously don't think any of us will ever hit this benchmark on full auto lol

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So what I was getting at is if he can put this many rounds down range and still get accurate shots afterwards. I dont see any thing wrong with having an AR9 that cost $140.

Is the 9mm AR in the video identical to the 9mm AR upper in the OP?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    No it is not but with blow back your bcg is likely to fail before the barrel.

Considering a 9mm barrel is a solid chunk of steel, you're probably right, but it's still no comparison to a DI gun.

Firings schedules are important. It's why heavy MG's have interchangeable barrels.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Exactly 5000+ rounds on any platform regardless if its DI, piston, or blowback on full auto that is impressive. But in his melt down videos DI and Piston all fail at some point.

So what I was getting at is if he can put this many rounds down range and still get accurate shots afterwards. I dont see any thing wrong with having an AR9 that cost $140. Friction and heat is what damages a barrel. And I really seriously don't think any of us will ever hit this benchmark on full auto lol

Yeah, on my biggest magdumping weekend with a truckload of gun’s and cans of ammo I can’t say I’ve ever shot 5k rounds in a day, much less a half hour or less. He cut the drum in two.....in spray and pray mode.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom