Louisiana Lockdown! How is this Constitutional?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m willing to walk through the fires of hell itself bare ass naked and ass hairs burning to protect my family any man not willing to do the same doesn’t have a hair on ‘em.

Some will say oh that bravado, but they usually don’t have a wife and kids.
    i hear ya man. They’d have to taze me too or whatever. Just noting that it’s already been done.

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    As a former paid fire fighter and a current paramedic,once the professionals arrive please don’t touch their hoses and then get out of the way. We absolutely want to save everyone and have trained years to do it. Many of us have dedicated our lives to doing just that. Also the fire fighters have access to equipment to hopefully keep themselves from dying or being injured. Now I wouldn’t want to harm you in any way but I would be in favor of restraining people with good intentions from harming themselves lest you become another funeral or worse wind up in the burn unit. Trust me a terrible burn is the worst thing you’ll ever see.

I only offer this advice to help. As to the constitutional points raised by the original poster I have no education or knowledge on the subject that would be beneficial to the discussion.

God bless you all.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’m willing to walk through the fires of hell itself bare ass naked and ass hairs burning to protect my family any man not willing to do the same doesn’t have a hair on ‘em.

Some will say oh that bravado, but they usually don’t have a wife and kids.

Yet you would put them in further danger by forcing those people who are trained and equipped to respond to you trying to push your way into a burning building rather than allowing them to save your family. That's not at all bravado, that's just stupidity.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Yet you would put them in further danger by forcing those people who are trained and equipped to respond to you trying to push your way into a burning building rather than allowing them to save your family. That's not at all bravado, that's just stupidity.

You literally just conjured up a whole scenario where you know all the potential pitfalls and everything there is to know and the a-hole civilian is in the way and creating greater risk for the people inside. From me stating I would walk through hell to protect my family. Ok bro. You do you.

lane

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2017
    zachary, la.
    You literally just conjured up a whole scenario where you know all the potential pitfalls and everything there is to know and the a-hole civilian is in the way and creating greater risk for the people inside. From me stating I would walk through hell to protect my family. Ok bro. You do you.

What the hell does this have to do with the OP?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If a fireman stops you from running into a burning building, is that a rights violation? Pick up a hose and help them put it out.

Depends... Is my kid in there?

You created the scenario of pushing past the fireman to run into a burning building to save your family. I just explained why that's a stupid idea that would result in the opposite of your stated goal.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I didn’t mean to start a feud here. I said nothing about saving family members. I went to the store yesterday to get my 2 gallons of milk they are allowing us to purchase. While there I realized there is no way to stop this virus even with social distancing. We can slow the rate of infection but probably not reduce the numbers of infection. Yes one would probably have to shoot me to prevent me from trying to rescue my family from any danger so please don’t question someone’s bravery or manhood over a simple analogy. If someone wants to run around town licking door knobs and handrails then do so. But as for me and my family I will b doing all within my ability to put space between us and the virus.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    You created the scenario of pushing past the fireman to run into a burning building to save your family. I just explained why that's a stupid idea that would result in the opposite of your stated goal.

In order for you to form the opinion that it were stupid for me to enter a structure fire, you had to determine all kinds of things I never stated or inferred.

You created the scenario in your head not me.

I simply asked if there was a sufficient motive for me to enter a structure fire.

Then corresponded with Magdump using hyperbole to express the lengths I would go to protect those most important to me.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In order for you to form the opinion that it were stupid for me to enter a structure fire, you had to determine all kinds of things I never stated or inferred.

You created the scenario in your head not me.

I simply asked if there was a sufficient motive for me to enter a structure fire.

Then corresponded with Magdump using hyperbole to express the lengths I would go to protect those most important to me.

I quoted your last post. I could have easily quoted your reply to my post and the meaning would have been the same.

If they are, do you think you stand a better chance of saving them versus the people who are trained and are wearing the right equipment?

Maybe maybe not. Try and stop me though.

In fact, your reply to me just further proves my point. You don't care if there's someone trained to save your family, you would go in regardless of the training you did or didn't have. So in order for me to form the opinion that it would be stupid for you to enter a structure fire, all I had to do was read what you actually stated. You would do what you could to enter the structure fire even if there were people who stood a better chance of saving your family. Your goal can't be to make sure your family has the best chance of being saved. Your goal is to feel good about yourself by doing something.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I quoted your last post. I could have easily quoted your reply to my post and the meaning would have been the same.

In fact, your reply to me just further proves my point. You don't care if there's someone trained to save your family, you would go in regardless of the training you did or didn't have. So in order for me to form the opinion that it would be stupid for you to enter a structure fire, all I had to do was read what you actually stated. You would do what you could to enter the structure fire even if there were people who stood a better chance of saving your family. Your goal can't be to make sure your family has the best chance of being saved. Your goal is to feel good about yourself by doing something.

You are entitled to use whatever you chose to form your opinion. The problem is you are taking broad statements that I have made and are applying that to what seems to be a very specific scenario you have formulated in your mind. To what purpose? I’m not sure, I don’t really care but there is no convincing you that your scenario might not be the only possible scenario or outcome. I mean you’ve already even mapped out what I may or may not do to benefit or hinder the hypothetical rescue efforts, based on me saying with sufficient motive stopping me would be ill-advised.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You are entitled to use whatever you chose to form your opinion. The problem is you are taking broad statements that I have made and are applying that to what seems to be a very specific scenario you have formulated in your mind. To what purpose? I’m not sure, I don’t really care but there is no convincing you that your scenario might not be the only possible scenario or outcome. I mean you’ve already even mapped out what I may or may not do to benefit or hinder the hypothetical rescue efforts, based on me saying with sufficient motive stopping me would be ill-advised.

Nope. I never set a narrow scope for the scenario. The scope I sat was very general. Any actions I've mapped came directly from your words.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Nope. I never set a narrow scope for the scenario. The scope I sat was very general. Any actions I've mapped came directly from your words.

How could you assess the results of my hypothetical actions if you didn’t assess a scenario or the actions because I never stated any specific or vague actions or conditions. If you didn’t either then you are basing your opinions of either me personally (whom you have never met in the flesh) or the general public, both explanations would be quite telling.

You are using your bias scenario that you are playing out in your head to form a conformation bias. :rofl:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    dbb8e9cc6fdad6255141dae2ed048e8b.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How could you assess the results of my hypothetical actions if you didn’t assess a scenario or the actions because I never stated any specific or vague actions or conditions. If you didn’t either then you are basing your opinions of either me personally (whom you have never met in the flesh) or the general public, both explanations would be quite telling.

You are using your bias scenario that you are playing out in your head to form a conformation bias. :rofl:

In case you didn't realize it, all your past posts are still available for people to read.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It’s pretty simple. If LE and Fire are on the scene you will not be allowed back in the structure. This is regardless of your training or ninja skills, there will be no time to verify your resume. It will not be up for debate no matter how much it sucks for all involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom