Illusion of "Land of the free..."

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Here are estimates on the flu from October 1, 2019, through April 4, 2020
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

24,000 - 62,000 estimated flu deaths within 6 months.

They explain why they give this wide estimate but don't report any actual numbers. They say this is because many deaths aren't even tested for flu so they estimate a much larger number based on a bunch of speculation. They aren't doing this with COVID19 they're reporting actual deaths.

Here are actual stats on COVID19 with the first case in the USA occurring Jan 20 and first death Feb 6
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

55,258 actual deaths in just over 3 months and that's with all of the stay at home and social distancing measures put in place. It would be much worse if people were out and about spreading a highly infections disease. If they were doing estimates that include any death that could be related to COVID19 this number would be much higher, just like their estimated figure for Influenza.

If they were to open everything up and we had another huge wave of infections/deaths, then everyone would start screaming that they are failing at keeping citizens safe. If they continue to do what they've been and the numbers stay low, then they're communists and violating citizen rights. Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Do you feel like we should shut down the country every flu season? Regardless of what other countries are doing, that has nothing to do with what should be happening here...
    It's quite obvious, to me anyway, that this 'virus' is not a serious health threat as once thought. To have people agree with keeping our economy shut down over something like this, blows my mind.
    I'm so sick of even hearing the word covid, it's almost like nails on a chalkboard at this point.
    How many of you actually know someone that has this 'virus' or has died from it? I'm not saying it doesn't exist, obviously it does, but I bet very few if any can say they personally know someone who died or even caught the 'virus'.
    Open this bitch back up and get back to work.

I personally know multiple people ill with it.
    Unfortunately, I also know two who have died and currently have another friend in ICU wishing she was dead.
    You do you.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    Just when I thought it couldn't get any more ridiculous... Apparently escape rooms are now considered essential. Yea we are totally living in some kind of communist society where the government has everything shut down :hsugh:
    Great news Escapologists! LIMITED REOPENING starting tomorrow, Friday, May 1st with new health and safety measures in place. Online bookings for tomorrow can now be made on our website. Also, today, April 30th, is the last day to take advantage of our 50% OFF ONLINE GIFT VOUCHER SALE or starting May 1st, save 25% off a game booking through the month with promo code: "REOPEN25".

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    Yeah. The massage therapist at my chiropractor can’t work, my barber can’t work, and schoolteachers have to figure out how to teach entire lesson plans in a 25 minute Skype to kids, but these goofballs get to go lock themselves in a room for fun.

This really isn’t numerically worse than a regular flu season but by maybe 10% aggregate numbers but it is more damaging if you survive it. Only reason we’re seeing mortality numbers as high as we are is because we’re literally ignoring every other medical condition the person has if they test positive and then die. With the flu, we don’t do that. We’re lucky if hospitals correctly report (or even diagnose) half the flu cases annually. What’s different? Money. We’re under a state of emergency, which means fema dollars. More cases equals more money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Yeah. The massage therapist at my chiropractor can’t work, my barber can’t work, and schoolteachers have to figure out how to teach entire lesson plans in a 25 minute Skype to kids, but these goofballs get to go lock themselves in a room for fun.

This really isn’t numerically worse than a regular flu season but by maybe 10% aggregate numbers but it is more damaging if you survive it. Only reason we’re seeing mortality numbers as high as we are is because we’re literally ignoring every other medical condition the person has if they test positive and then die. With the flu, we don’t do that. We’re lucky if hospitals correctly report (or even diagnose) half the flu cases annually. What’s different? Money. We’re under a state of emergency, which means fema dollars. More cases equals more money...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And just like that
    No deaths by car accidents
    Flu
    Gunshots
    Old age

People who like to feel like they are reasonable and level headed don’t want it to be true, but it is a problem people exploit others misfortune for political and financial gain, it is clear that when you have a disaster that has or will be declared the numbers affected are always manipulated. Wreck your car getting out of the path of an EF 4 tornado. The tornado is to blame. Fall off a ladder boarding your windows before a hurricane. That hurricane did it. Get looted during an evacuation order.... Somehow that property loss gets tallied too.

Part of it is sensationalized news-like reporting. Part is if the insurance can shift the burden to the consumer or the government then they will try. Part is government tit sucking.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    https://youtu.be/3neTvYFQIHY

Skip to 4:45 for the point I'm getting at when it comes to numbers. Also, a coworkers wife works at the General in BR. She has told him they are not doing autopsies on supposed 'covid' patients... Straight to cremation.
    Again, I'm not saying this sickness is not real but there is a ton of misinformation and fear mongering going on to fit certain agendas. I'm sorry if this offends you.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    My wife works in the covid ICU. These people are dying drowning in their own spit. Why would you waste time on an autopsy?
    Because maybe, just maybe there are instances where that is not the case. Is it killing people, sure. Are there deaths that are attributed to this virus when it is not the cause of death, apparently so.
    Did you even look at the video?

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    Because maybe, just maybe there are instances where that is not the case. Is it killing people, sure. Are there deaths that are attributed to this virus when it is not the cause of death, apparently so.

Both the medical examiners and the funeral industry cannot keep up with the sudden numbers of decedents.
    It is just not sustainable given the sheer mass of deaths.

People can deny what is happening all they want but it’s still taking place.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    They also have many people dying of covid like symptoms, classic covid chest x-ray coming from a nursing home full of covid, but testing negative so they are not reported as a covid death. They are assuming it is a false negative, which seem to be more common than people think. I have asked her about what you and others are talking about and she has seen no evidence of people's deaths being classified as covid when not, but actually likely the opposite.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    So, don't even test the patients? Just attribute their death to covid because of the times... Sounds logical.

I can tell you for fact that is not being done at BR general, I cannot speak for other hospitals, but I find it hard to believe. I would believe that hospitals are being encouraged to report all deaths with symptoms and a positive covid test result as such, and not respiratory failure or other cause.

Last edited:

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I would imagine that all facilities are not run the same.
    I pointed out 2 things in that post. There are deaths being attributed to covid although they have not been tested for covid.
    I also stated I was told the general in BR is not doing autopsies.

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Did you even look at the video?

Yes. It's some guy talking about things he has heard over some news video with no sound. The text in the news video could or could not coincide with what he is saying depending on how you interpret it. I choose to believe what my wife experiences at the hospital directly dealing with people dying of covid and non covid causes and how she sees their deaths classified. I don't see how BR general would be misclassifying deaths, or why they would do autopsies on patients. Autopsies are only done at family expense unless directly related to a criminal investigation as I understand it. I'm pretty sure hospitals would rather no covid deaths so they can get back to making money with elective surgeries.

Last edited:

general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    I would imagine that all facilities are not run the same.
    I pointed out 2 things in that post. There are deaths being attributed to covid although they have not been tested for covid.
    I also stated I was told the general in BR is not doing autopsies.

At BR general there are no deaths being reported as covid that have not been tested for covid.

BR general may not be doing autopsies, I don't know, but they are normally done as part of a criminal investigation or at family expense when a cause of death is unknown. The VAST majority of people who die have no autopsy.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    I read somewhere that hospitals get more from Fed govt if covid death, makes sense for them to make more $$$

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    greywolf15
    Top Bottom