Everything Corona! Latest News, Insights, Theories, Prognostications! Armegeddon?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This mask wearing debate is not the fault of the collective "citizenry!" This falls squarely on the medical community (with the more than willing help from the usual "useful" idiots in the corrupt media), that fumbled, bumbled, and most likely flat out lied about this virus from the onset. They NEVER walk back anything they proclaim is "scientific" fact when they clearly err, misspeak, or lie.

The earliest and most egregious mistake in this BS came from; of all people, the US Surgeon General when he proclaimed in February, "Masks don't work!" Up until recently, I watched the news almost religiously and NEVER heard him or anyone else say, "Hey, I made a mistake. I shouldn't have concluded that. I apologize!" Nor, did he at least try to BS his way out of it by proclaiming he lied because he didn't want a panic and a run on masks to shorten the supply for the front line health workers. Nothing!

It didn't stop there either. Then Mr. Know all be all, Fauci said that; "we should never shake hands again, but it is ok to have sex with strangers!" This was genius!

Two examples, but the hits just kept coming: Corrupt cover up at WHO, CDC not knowing what to say, months to tell people the virus doesn't do well on inanimate objects, the WHO head of infectious disease recently declaring that asymptomatic spread was not likely, then reversing course the following day because it didn't fit some political narrative. Ok to protest, but not go to the beach!

These dummies, NEVER show any humility for anything they clearly say (on video), that turns out to be incorrect or false. The arrogance of their holier than thou egos is stunning to me.

If you want people to wear masks, then earn the people's trust AGAIN; because even though I play the game too when I have to, I no longer have any use for their updates or suggestions. To me, the damage has been done! To the economy, to the elderly, to the citizenry, to the world. At this point, I hardly care anymore, but this circus is certainly entertaining if not pathetically sad.

:dunno:
    Just for the record, in the 32 years that I’ve been working as a part of the ‘medical community’ I don’t think any of us ever declared or considered any of the ABC or other federal or state agencies or the people who work for them to be a part of the medical community. So far as I can see your list of folks at fault are all Government entities, the media and the people that work for them. Is that about right?
    Just for the record, many folks in the medical community have been wearing masks since long before the CDC said not to, both on and off the job for a few months now, along with caring for the people with the virus and working at surge status for just as long. And now we are looking at another round that’s already begun as evidenced by the past 2 weeks at my job. We are tired. We are blameless. We are the medical community.
    Please show us a little courtesy and try not to include us in that garbage.
    For the record, I really don’t think you meant us, even if you named us.
    Just sayin.

Last edited:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I’m still wearing a mask.
    Also with my wife and family.
    The debates over this are polarizing and confusing at best.

My suggestion: you decide what course is best for you and yours and follow that.
    Each person’s well-being through this is largely their own decision.
    Be well and take care of yourself and others.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just for the record, in the 32 years that I’ve been working as a part of the ‘medical community’ I don’t think any of us ever declared or considered any of the ABC or other federal or state agencies or the people who work for them to be a part of the medical community. So far as I can see your list of folks at fault are all Government entities, the media and the people that work for them. Is that about right?
    Just for the record, many folks in the medical community have been wearing masks since long before the CDC said not to, both on and off the job for a few months now, along with caring for the people with the virus and working at surge status for just as long. And now we are looking at another round that’s already begun as evidenced by the past 2 weeks at my job. We are tired. We are blameless. We are the medical community.
    Please show us a little courtesy and try not to include us in that garbage.
    For the record, I really don’t think you meant us, even if you named us.
    Just sayin.

I did not mean medical personnel in the day to day workings of healthcare. I am specifically talking about those people associated with major medical centers, organizations, public health centers, WHO, CDC, et al, that have caused damned near the entire US population to be extremely skeptical of anything they now say because of the often knee jerk recommendations to get their opinions out there for their 15 minutes of fame, or down right corruption or incompetence.

As for you front line medical f**ks?

:kiss:

Cheesy Lasagna

Sooooo Cheesy!
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Aug 20, 2011
    Kennah!
    I did not mean medical personnel in the day to day workings of healthcare. I am specifically talking about those people associated with major medical centers, organizations, public health centers, WHO, CDC, et al, that have caused damned near the entire US population to be extremely skeptical of anything they now say because of the often knee jerk recommendations to get their opinions out there for their 15 minutes of fame, or down right corruption or incompetence.

Yeah, the WHO really dropped the ball on early intervention.
    Hate when politics gets in the way of reasonable response.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I’m still wearing a mask.
    Also with my wife and family.
    The debates over this are polarizing and confusing at best.

My suggestion: you decide what course is best for you and yours and follow that.
    Each person’s well-being through this is largely their own decision.
    Be well and take care of yourself and others.

Exactly!

Trying to control the spread of a pandemic while walking the line of political correctness is not only stupid and idiotic, it is reckless and dangerous!

If there are certain groups, races, ethnicity, ages, genders, etc.; causing more harm than others, than grow some balls, and call a spade a spade! Trying to convince people with just modest education levels that protesters won't spread the virus because their cause is just is probably the stupidest thing I've heard thus far! And I have heard a lot of stupid **** surrounding this virus.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yeah, the WHO really dropped the ball on early intervention.
    Hate when politics gets in the way of reasonable response.

It's not too late to regain some credibility. Have a designated representative (better if they said it each themselves), of each of the respective medical points of view that were wrong, not sure, lying, didn't know, or just full of **** to admit they made some major mistakes from the onset, explain why they claimed what they did, and why they thought at the time it was the right decision, apologize, move on, and try to convince everyone they are now ALL ON THE SAME TEAM!

It is the shameless "holier-than-thou / I can never be wrong" arrogance that makes me turn off from them!

That said, I will NEVER trust anyone at the WHO. Some of those clowns should be investigated for crimes against humanity! Particularly Tedros!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    But it is pointless if you practice good hygiene and courtesy to your fellow man.

Stay home if you’re sick, and back the hell off of people if I can reach out a touch you without changing my posture you are probably too close.

Your statement implies that anyone who has ever gotten the flu either does not practice good hygiene or they are discourteous to their fellow man. And it's possible to not know you are sick so you won't know to stay home. "Good hygiene and courtesy" and "wearing a mask" are mutually exclusive. My point is not that masks will stop COVID-19 in it's tracks. My point is a mask isn't pointless.

The best way to keep yourself from getting sick is to never leave your sanitized house. Every time you go somewhere in a public setting, you are taking a calculated risk. Not wearing a mask is a calculated risk. I'm fine with someone taking that risk. That's the option I usually go with unless my job requires it in a specific situation. I certainly don't think the government should be mandating it like New Orleans has apparently started doing. But a private business deciding a mask is part of their dress code is not fascist. Complaining about that is the equivalent of boycotting a store because they require you to wear shoes and you feel it's your right to be barefoot.

https://www.wdsu.com/article/new-or...pdate-on-coronavirus-cases-in-parish/32958383

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Your statement implies that anyone who has ever gotten the flu either does not practice good hygiene or they are discourteous to their fellow man. And it's possible to not know you are sick so you won't know to stay home. "Good hygiene and courtesy" and "wearing a mask" are mutually exclusive. My point is not that masks will stop COVID-19 in it's tracks. My point is a mask isn't pointless.

No. Sharing your infectious germs with the rest of us isn’t courteous. Poor hygiene promotes the spread not always the infection. If you sneeze next to me in a crowd it may be either of us who lack the common sense to give people personal space but I don’t lack good hygiene if I’m infected. If I de-con immediately I may still get what you had.

But if everyone was respectful and responsible only the sick (criminals and super heroes) would be wearing mask in public settings.

The best way to keep yourself from getting sick is to never leave your sanitized house. Every time you go somewhere in a public setting, you are taking a calculated risk. Not wearing a mask is a calculated risk. I'm fine with someone taking that risk. That's the option I usually go with unless my job requires it in a specific situation. I certainly don't think the government should be mandating it like New Orleans has apparently started doing. But a private business deciding a mask is part of their dress code is not fascist. Complaining about that is the equivalent of boycotting a store because they require you to wear shoes and you feel it's your right to be barefoot.

Absolutely and for the record I’ve never entered an establishment without a mask if requested to wear it (I have worn one backwards), the problem is the people so insistent I wear one won’t make their own people wear them properly it’s the equivalent of saying on the internet ‘thoughts and prayers’ when a tragedy takes place.

I was in the doctors office with my wife yesterday and every employee had on a mask. I noted at least three that the mask didn’t fit properly or was worn incorrectly. And this is a doctors office who insists that in order to reduce exposure husbands aren’t allowed but for special exceptions. Nevermind we live in the same house and sleep in the same bed and somehow manage to kiss on the mouth on occasion. My point is a lot of these decisions are being driven out of fear no logic or science allowed. If all these businesses owners and governments were to get serious about the spread, they could easily start with making their employees wear masks that fit and are adjusted properly.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Ok, this crap is on the rise all over. What does it mean? Does it mean the genius' that had us shut down the whole country's economy are going to try a second dip? I don't think that is going to gain much support. Besides, we can't afford it as a country monetarily. Let's not even begin to try to understand the psycological affect this will have on people's mental health out there.

What a flustercuck!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Ok, this crap is on the rise all over. What does it mean? Does it mean the genius' that had us shut down the whole country's economy are going to try a second dip? I don't think that is going to gain much support. Besides, we can't afford it as a country monetarily. Let's not even begin to try to understand the psycological affect this will have on people's mental health out there.

What a flustercuck!

Its all about the money

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tvDADjEzMQ

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana

Well, those are governing bodies that control healthcare. I guess maybe some people have problems with distinguishing between government and community. Just trying to clarify.
    As far as this being on the rise again and what now,
    one can only speculate. Some of my speculation:
    The Government could say, ‘how you guys liking those masks now? Back on lockdown if you don’t wanna follow our suggestion. We’ll try again later. Maybe we’ll get more participation next go round.’
    I believe they will continue to lean toward behaving like the Chinese COMMUNIST Government and there will be give and take until the people conform or not.
    They can Certainly track us all just like China. They can also ignore rights that most people don’t even know they have, all in the name of emergency-disaster -greater good-executive order blah-bity-blah. When you realize the number of things they can turn off, and the importance of those things, you will realize how much we are all at the mercy of the government and other powers that own and run this country. If they turn off the money, the power, the food, you name it, most people are toast.
    I believe we will continue to see more and more protesting and civil unrest and eventual breakdown of society and we are ripe for a hostile takeover attempt from within and outside our country. On one hand you’ve got a large percentage of cops in the country ready to strike or leave or whatever, on the other hand a big bolus injection of anarchy, anarchists, sheep and sheepdogs. If anyone has not prepared for the **** storm arriving at their front door pretty soon they should make the most of what time they have left. Being self sufficient is harder than folks think.

This is all pure speculation on my part.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I wore my mask the other day to the bookstore that required patrons wear masks when entering. When I left, I took my mask off.

When I went to Lakeside mall, there was a sanitizing station when you first walk in. Most stores were closed and others had limits and required masks. I went into the Lego store for my kiddo, who wasn’t with us. They required a mask, so I put my mask on and entered. I found the lego set I wanted to buy and brought it to the socially distanced keypad. I had to hand the lego set to the clerk so she could ring it up. She bagged it up and brought it to me since I was 6 ft away at a separate keypad. When I exited the store, I removed my mask and breathed a sigh of relief that I survived. It was rather amazing how many people were wearing masks improperly, making those masks fairly useless. One patron had a cloth mask on with his nose exposed and an N95 on top.

When we were in New Orleans, we were required to wear masks in public areas, even though the only person near me was my spouse. That is... until we went to eat, where we were allowed to remove our masks and suddenly I was interacting with over a dozen people, touching the same beverage dispenser, napkin holders, door handles, tables, chairs, and everything else you would find in a restaraunt. It’s crazy that I survived.

Since symptoms can show days after being infected, I guess I’ll have to wait to see if I’m infected, but that was a few days ago...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I wore my mask the other day to the bookstore that required patrons wear masks when entering. When I left, I took my mask off.

When I went to Lakeside mall, there was a sanitizing station when you first walk in. Most stores were closed and others had limits and required masks. I went into the Lego store for my kiddo, who wasn’t with us. They required a mask, so I put my mask on and entered. I found the lego set I wanted to buy and brought it to the socially distanced keypad. I had to hand the lego set to the clerk so she could ring it up. She bagged it up and brought it to me since I was 6 ft away at a separate keypad. When I exited the store, I removed my mask and breathed a sigh of relief that I survived. It was rather amazing how many people were wearing masks improperly, making those masks fairly useless. One patron had a cloth mask on with his nose exposed and an N95 on top.

When we were in New Orleans, we were required to wear masks in public areas, even though the only person near me was my spouse. That is... until we went to eat, where we were allowed to remove our masks and suddenly I was interacting with over a dozen people, touching the same beverage dispenser, napkin holders, door handles, tables, chairs, and everything else you would find in a restaraunt. It’s crazy that I survived.

Since symptoms can show days after being infected, I guess I’ll have to wait to see if I’m infected, but that was a few days ago...

You're lucky to be alive! :p

Conversely, I just got back from Costco in BR and everyone was wearing masks. Only 1 person was wearing his incorrectly. I personally didn't feel any safer, but at least it appeared that Costco was doing a pretty good job of keeping things orderly and moving the lines along nicely. Very hard to keep your distance in those aisles though.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Quite the harrowing tail of triumph over germs.

As we have discussed a few times now there are too many holes in the boat (anti-viral safety measures). If we were in-fact in the deep water they claim we would all be wet by now.

I Coach my oldest’s softball team, and last week the association canceled that day’s game without a drop of rain in the sky. Then shortly after the director messaged to tell me a member of the other team had a family member who was diagnosed. Talking with the other coach she still hasn’t gotten sick, and no one else has admitted to have symptoms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom