Ammo on the streets of Nola...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Ammo prices are so crazy right now, I saw a dude on a corner in New Orleans slinging these bags for $50 each or “2 fuh $80!” Must be decent stuff as I saw three or four customers come and go. Wild times. They all scattered when an NOPD cruiser rolled by.

Attachments

• C68185E5-79E2-4F21-AAB1-D17D576AE869.jpeg
      C68185E5-79E2-4F21-AAB1-D17D576AE869.jpeg
      51.9 KB · Views: 128

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Did I miss seeing NOPD in the video?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope, the NOPD wasn't in the video, that's pretty obvious. My reply which you quoted was in response to the east being a different world. Same people, same NOPD. NO East is still Orleans Parish.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Ammo prices are so crazy right now, I saw a dude on a corner in New Orleans slinging these bags for $50 each or *2 fuh $80!* Must be decent stuff as I saw three or four customers come and go. Wild times. They all scattered when an NOPD cruiser rolled by.
    So how much did you pay for the 3?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Nope, the NOPD wasn't in the video, that's pretty obvious. My reply which you quoted was in response to the east being a different world. Same people, same NOPD. NO East is still Orleans Parish.

You should spend some time out I'm the east. I won't call it third world but it's different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    New Orleans East used to be a great place to grow up. Then section 8 happened... Those new apartment complexes along I10 became very visible projects. Everyone decent left around 1990. My parents were one of the later ones to leave (I moved out in 1993). We had 3 car break ins, two attempts to break in the house (We had a 130 pound doberman that discouraged that! Good Dobie! ), a thwarted purse snatching (amazed my mom didn't get hurt), and a stabbing on the front lawn. One of our neighbors was robbed on the bread aisle of Schweggmans...

The problem though is also a police issue. 7th district is a 3 mile by 15 mile corridor, from Dowman Rd to the Rigolets, from Chef to Haynes. They are attempting to manage with typically 3 police officers plus a desk sergeant at the busiest times, often less. Backup is often 10 - 15 minutes away. There's no way to patrol that with that manning level. So crime runs rampant and NOPD writes reports afterwards.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    You should spend some time out I'm the east. I won't call it third world but it's different.

I did, about 45 years ago. Seems like a lifetime ago, back when they had a massive state of the art shopping mall and an indoor ice skating rink. Friends had camps just off Haynes Blvd on the lake. Fishing, swimming, weekend get togethers @ the camp, go to the mall and check out the social life/the scenery in the evenings, maybe see a movie. Life back then in the East was pretty nice, but then came the spread of the cancer and Katrina. Everything nice in the east is gone now.

Is that where you worked with the NOPD, in the east? I don't blame the NOPD whatsoever for the crime and violence. I'm sure it's really challenging/frustrating for them. Chief Ferguson seems like a decent guy, working hard to make a difference from his public statements. Now they are going to cut his budget by 8% going forward due to a lack of revenue?

Has Cantrell taken any sort of self imposed pay reduction? Maybe 5 or 10% of her annual $174k salary? Haven't read anything like that, just cuts/reductions to city employees. Lead by example perhaps?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom