Reliable Modern 9mm Striker Fired Pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    https://www.kygunco.com/Product/Vie...3g5bxG3ZPpPd5fsMPhx4v9EyqEsZ6UBGzBHGb7Hxogkqw

Good bit higher than what I paid but my pick for what it cost me last year.
    It was pleasing out of the box. As many pistols as I’ve felt the need to modify even a little bit, this is one I likely never will. Trigger and ergos are good to me and there was no break in, as it shot great from the first round.

Supposed to be a quality firearm.
    I have never had a break in issue with a firearm.

Last edited:

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    Looks like I’m late to jump in here,

I have to give props to the P320, I just converted my P320C to a carry and got the Wilson Combat grip, this thing is awesome.

i point that out mostly as I would recommend *any Glock* that feels right in your hand. I actually traded my G23 for this P320C, which I never would have bought.

drop safety issues, the 365 issues were everywhere at the time, I did make the trade due to a MS, on the 320.

So I would still add a Sig. just not so much the micro guns.

I think is someone is asking my opinion, they are newer to guns, they would benefit from a larger pistol most likely.

like G19, G43X, G48, Sigs, the P320, Walther PK380 (not striker fired tho), so any of the major brands you named, just mostly the compact size.

I would recommend the Kahrs like a CW9 or CT9, The compact Rutgers, and probably Taurus, the G3 or G3C. My friend a retired office loves his Taurus and Rugers. Stud here just got the G3C and raves about it.

my 2 cents

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Looks like I’m late to jump in here,

I have to give props to the P320, I just converted my P320C to a carry and got the Wilson Combat grip, this thing is awesome.

i point that out mostly as I would recommend *any Glock* that feels right in your hand. I actually traded my G23 for this P320C, which I never would have bought.

drop safety issues, the 365 issues were everywhere at the time, I did make the trade due to a MS, on the 320.

So I would still add a Sig. just not so much the micro guns.

I think is someone is asking my opinion, they are newer to guns, they would benefit from a larger pistol most likely.

like G19, G43X, G48, Sigs, the P320, Walther PK380 (not striker fired tho), so any of the major brands you named, just mostly the compact size.

I would recommend the Kahrs like a CW9 or CT9, The compact Rutgers, and probably Taurus, the G3 or G3C. My friend a retired office loves his Taurus and Rugers. Stud here just got the G3C and raves about it.

my 2 cents

You should try a P320 with a Gray Guns Trigger.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I have never had a break in issue with a firearm.

Neither have I. If parts begin to "break in" within a specific round count, how long will it take to wear those parts?

Any fitting should have been done where the firearm was manufactured.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Its hard for me to recommend a new firearm purchase to anyone right now, I don't even wanna buy any new guns right now, the ammo is so expensive and scarce it feels silly to buy a new gun. Especially considering a new firearms owner will have to get extra ammo to practice with as well.... Honestly, and this might sound stupid to some people here, but I would recommend someone get an AK, 7.62x39 is the ONLY intermediate/defense cartridge I see that is still in an attainable price range/availability. Plus they were designed for "New Firearms Owners" Largely speaking they are rugged, reliable, and easy to use. Would also be better to hunt with than a pistol in a SHTF situation, I'd rather my loved ones have a rifle if SHTF than a handgun.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Its hard for me to recommend a new firearm purchase to anyone right now, I don't even wanna buy any new guns right now, the ammo is so expensive and scarce it feels silly to buy a new gun. Especially considering a new firearms owner will have to get extra ammo to practice with as well.... Honestly, and this might sound stupid to some people here, but I would recommend someone get an AK, 7.62x39 is the ONLY intermediate/defense cartridge I see that is still in an attainable price range/availability. Plus they were designed for "New Firearms Owners" Largely speaking they are rugged, reliable, and easy to use. Would also be better to hunt with than a pistol in a SHTF situation, I'd rather my loved ones have a rifle if SHTF than a handgun.

I recommend handguns on a regular basis and Dave has a good list to start from. Do you conceal carry an AK?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________

I can't practically or legally carry a concealed rifle everyday.

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Sorry guys, didn't know intent was for Concealed Carry, I thought the topic was panic buying first firearm for Pandemic....
    If you're allowed to carry Glock19; if you're not allowed to carry Hellcat, P365, or shield.
    Personally I don't care for the feel of a striker fire trigger, they also freak me out a bit when reholstering. Although, I'd easily recommend a glock for someone's first gun, I just personally don't like those things as much.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Sorry guys, didn't know intent was for Concealed Carry, I thought the topic was panic buying first firearm for Pandemic....
    If you're allowed to carry Glock19; if you're not allowed to carry Hellcat, P365, or shield.
    Personally I don't care for the feel of a striker fire trigger, they also freak me out a bit when reholstering. Although, I'd easily recommend a glock for someone's first gun, I just personally don't like those things as much.

Proper training will resolve your issues.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    I have not seen Ruger pistols mentioned. I have always had great luck with Ruger. The Ruger American pistol gets good reviews.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom