Video of Glock G43X and G48 Posted.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    SMYRNA, Ga. – January 2, 2019 Today, GLOCK, Inc. announces two additions to the GLOCK pistol family. The GLOCK 43X and the GLOCK 48 feature the design of the Slimline series with a silver slide and are a perfect fit for everyday carry. Chambered in 9X19, both pistols feature a compact Slimiline frame with silver nPVD finish and a 10-round magazine capacity making them ideal for concealed carry.

*With the success of the Slimline series in the marketplace and over one million GLOCK 43 pistols sold in just three years, the Slimline series pistols have been tested, trusted and proven,* said GLOCK, Inc. VP Josh Dorsey. *We listened to the consumers request for a GLOCK Slimline model with increased round capacity and both of these pistols deliver that flawlessly. GLOCK’s continued pursuit of perfection drives innovation while not straying from our promise of reliability and durability and that is demonstrated in the G43X and G48.*

Designed for comfort, the G43X and G48 combine a fuller-size grip length with a minimal profile of approximately 1* for a comfortably balanced, versatile grip that’s ideal for a variety of users. While the two pistols share the same size frame, they have different slide lengths. The slide for the G43X is the same sub-compact length as the G43 (6.06 in.) while the G48 has a compact length (6.85 in) and is compliant with Canadian regulations.

These pistols incorporate elements of the Slimline series such as the short trigger distance, a frame with a built-in beavertail, a reversible magazine catch and the incredibly accurate, match-grade GLOCK Marksman Barrel (GMB). The G43X and G48 also feature precision-milled front serrations. Both models are available in three sight configurations; standard, GLOCK Night Sights (GNS), and Ameriglo BOLD.

The silver Slimline models G43X and G48 will be showcased at SHOT Show 2019 and will be available on dealer shelves beginning January 21 st.

For more information about the new Slimline series G43X and G48, contact GLOCK, Inc.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Thanks that 100% clears it up. Any Idea what the price point will be on the 2?

Discussed that with a gunshop this morning who had some on back order... he stated it would be the same price as the current G43 model in stock. $450 at this particular place. Ymmv..

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    I think I get it now: The G43X is now bigger than the G43 which is already bigger than a Sig P365. (Looks to be the same height as a 19 which holds FIFTEEN ROUNDS.) The G48 is the same size as a G19 but a tiny bit thinner but MUCH bigger than a P365 but it can hold the same number of rounds as the smaller Sig? The 2 tone does look nice.
    Still looking forward to next year when Glock, H&K, Ruger, etc. come out with serious competition for the P365. It will be interesting to see what the market for used current "new" models will be then.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm still scratching my head. The 43X is essentially a 43 with a longer grip to accommodate a 10 round single stack mag (instead of the 43's 6 round mag)? And the 48 is a longer slide version of the 43X with the same 10 round single stack magazine?

Mike

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I'm still scratching my head. The 43X is essentially a 43 with a longer grip to accommodate a 10 round single stack mag (instead of the 43's 6 round mag)? And the 48 is a longer slide version of the 43X with the same 10 round single stack magazine?

Mike

Yes.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I think I get it now: The G43X is now bigger than the G43 which is already bigger than a Sig P365. (Looks to be the same height as a 19 which holds FIFTEEN ROUNDS.) The G48 is the same size as a G19 but a tiny bit thinner but MUCH bigger than a P365 but it can hold the same number of rounds as the smaller Sig? The 2 tone does look nice.
    Still looking forward to next year when Glock, H&K, Ruger, etc. come out with serious competition for the P365. It will be interesting to see what the market for used current "new" models will be then.

This is a bigger pistol and was not made to compete with the tiny P365 and Glocks have shown better quality than Sigs in recent years.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Still anxious to see Glocks answer to the P365 - and H&K's, etc.. I'm guessing we'll see these sometime this year.

Do Not hold your breath waiting for HK or Glock to make a smaller pistol than currently available 01/22/2019.

Compare these pistols:
    Sig P365
    Kimber Micro 9
    Kel Tec PF9
    SCCY CPX-2
    Walther PPS M2

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Still anxious to see Glocks answer to the P365 - and H&K's, etc.. I'm guessing we'll see these sometime this year.

Didn't realize Glock wasn't trying to catch up with Sig after reading this:

"The GLOCK G43X and G48 slimline carry pistols are here and they look to take the EDC market by storm.
    A small arms race is heating up and 2019 is shaping up to be the year of the carry gun. In 2018 we saw the introduction of many new firearms that were aiming to become your new EDC. Most notably, the Sig Sauer P365 took the market by storm with an incredibly small size that miraculously packed 10 rounds into it’s tiny frame +1 in the chamber. While the P365 was a great new addition to the market, we knew it would not be long before other’s threw their hat in the ring with a slimline pistol offering a 10 round capacity.

Here enters GLOCK with their newest pistols, the G43X and G48. Building on the success of the G43, which sold over one million pistols in just 3 years, GLOCK is aiming to take their slimline offering to the next level. Not only do these guns present direct and very real competition to the P365’s of the world, they also present a new concealed carry option for the diehard GLOCK fans out there."

Salute45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2018
    Eastern
    It is incredible to me that the G43 sold 1 million pistols in just 3 years. I wonder how many years it took the original G17 to sell 1 million?

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I went and handled the 43X and the 48 at Baton Rouge Police Supply today. And for those with a badge (or those with a GSSF membership), blue label price is somewhere around $360.

I was surprised how comfortable the 48 was. For those that think the 19 is the perfect sized gun, the 48 may be just the ticket for something a bit slimmer and easier to wear under cover, but with enough barrel to give some decent sight radius.

The 43X just felt like another subcompact single stack 9mm to me. I guess if I was in the market to replace my Shield or my 42 I'd look more seriously at one, but those do everything I ask them to, so the 43X would just feel redundant.

Mike

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I went and handled the 43X and the 48 at Baton Rouge Police Supply today. And for those with a badge (or those with a GSSF membership), blue label price is somewhere around $360.

I was surprised how comfortable the 48 was. For those that think the 19 is the perfect sized gun, the 48 may be just the ticket for something a bit slimmer and easier to wear under cover, but with enough barrel to give some decent sight radius.

The 43X just felt like another subcompact single stack 9mm to me. I guess if I was in the market to replace my Shield or my 42 I'd look more seriously at one, but those do everything I ask them to, so the 43X would just feel redundant.

Mike

How would you compare the 48 to the Shield?

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    How would you compare the 48 to the Shield?

Well, the obvious is that the 48 is a single stack and the Shield is a double stack ... so the grip on the Shield is thicker. But I was surprised how manageable the 48 grip felt (especially with the bit of extra length), and I suspect that on the draw I would get better purchase on the 48 than I can on the Shield, especially with the 7 round mag and a flat base plate.

The M&P grip angle works really well for my body geometry ... and not having shot a 48, I'm not sure how it would compare. I've been shooting more Glocks lately, though, so I suspect it would be a toss-up there.

The Gen 5 trigger is crisp and the reset is both audible and tactile. It felt very much like my 19X, which is superb.

I'm not big on the silver colored slide, so if I was going to get one I'd probably wait for a black slide version to come out.

A Marshal came in while I was there and he was also looking at the 48. I can't speak for him, but our brief exchange about the gun suggested that he was also pleasantly surprised by the 48. I think he was wearing a 43.

I'm looking forward to trying one out eventually.

Mike

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Well, the obvious is that the 48 is a single stack and the Shield is a double stack ... so the grip on the Shield is thicker. But I was surprised how manageable the 48 grip felt (especially with the bit of extra length), and I suspect that on the draw I would get better purchase on the 48 than I can on the Shield, especially with the 7 round mag and a flat base plate.

The M&P grip angle works really well for my body geometry ... and not having shot a 48, I'm not sure how it would compare. I've been shooting more Glocks lately, though, so I suspect it would be a toss-up there.

The Gen 5 trigger is crisp and the reset is both audible and tactile. It felt very much like my 19X, which is superb.

I'm not big on the silver colored slide, so if I was going to get one I'd probably wait for a black slide version to come out.

A Marshal came in while I was there and he was also looking at the 48. I can't speak for him, but our brief exchange about the gun suggested that he was also pleasantly surprised by the 48. I think he was wearing a 43.

I'm looking forward to trying one out eventually.

Mike

Thank you for the details, I appreciate it. I am in the market for a smaller gun to run with and wear with summer attire, now that my Shield is no more. Hopefully someone near me gets one soon where I can try it out.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    Thank you for the details, I appreciate it. I am in the market for a smaller gun to run with and wear with summer attire, now that my Shield is no more. Hopefully someone near me gets one soon where I can try it out.

If you’d like to give the G48 a try at the range in on Jan 22nd, ill bring it and you can give it a test drive. Also, have you considered the P365?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I picked up a G48 last week one great gun ..... only problem I found was the face of the trigger after 150 round my finger was in pain

Is the G48 trigger different than any of the other Glock triggers? I've never found this to be problematic ... put about 300 rounds through my bone-stock Glock 22 last weekend and my finger was just fine.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom