1day vs 2day?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm looking to start booking handgun and carbine classes. For those that have done 1day and 2day classes do you prefer one over the other? If so why?

Thanks

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    My .02... Both have their strong points.

1 day - cheaper and you get to go back home and process what you've learned and work on the the new skill set before the next one.

2 day - cost more but the continuity is awesome. Small break for the evening and you've got a gun in your hand the next morning again building on the previous day's learnings.

If your learning style needs time to process things as they come in, maybe a one day is right for you. If you can cram and things stick in your brain without overflow and not forget things learned previously you should be able to handle a 2 NP.

How the instructor teaches is a factor as well... If he's running and gunning and not taking the time to make sure everyone is following along, 2 days would be rough. I have never experienced that btw. Most really do want you to understand and will take the time for the slow pokes/newbies.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    My .02... Both have their strong points.

1 day - cheaper and you get to go back home and process what you've learned and work on the the new skill set before the next one.

2 day - cost more but the continuity is awesome. Small break for the evening and you've got a gun in your hand the next morning again building on the previous day's learnings.

If your learning style needs time to process things as they come in, maybe a one day is right for you. If you can cram and things stick in your brain without overflow and not forget things learned previously you should be able to handle a 2 NP.

How the instructor teaches is a factor as well... If he's running and gunning and not taking the time to make sure everyone is following along, 2 days would be rough. I have never experienced that btw. Most really do want you to understand and will take the time for the slow pokes/newbies.

I'm at a point that cost isn't a issue but that is a great point. I'm thinking I would absorb more in a 2 day class so I may go that route.

Thanks

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    So do you prefer one day classes or two when you train? Drop leg holster or battle belt?

I'm a blackhawk on the belt with a 1911 in it kind of guy, and I don't take classes but do a good bit of training on my private range... I may be interested in taking a class though if it's affordable. I'm not forking out $500+

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I'm a blackhawk on the belt with a 1911 in it kind of guy, and I don't take classes but do a good bit of training on my private range... I may be interested in taking a class though if it's affordable. I'm not forking out $500+

Dude those bundy ranchers did the self taught private range training thing and it didn't workout well lol!

I do agree with the carry setup you have tho Blackhawk holsters and 1911s are a perfect match!

Last edited:

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    Dude those bundy ranchers did the self taught private range training thing and it didn't workout well lol!

I do agree with the carry setup you have tho Blackhawk holsters and 1911s are a perfect match!

Get a little more specific on your location and I may be interested in letting you show me a thing or 2... Or, I could trade some range time for some pointers...

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Get a little more specific on your location and I may be interested in letting you show me a thing or 2... Or, I could trade some range time for some pointers...

You wouldn't want me teaching ya I'm better at being a student lol. But let me say once you take a quality class you will realize the money is well worth good instruction.

Last edited:

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Huh? I thought you were talking about teaching... I get it now.

Since I got home from riding around the JD may be affecting me...

I read it as him taking training and then I read you say he was giving it... I had to go back and re read it to make sure I didn't screw up.

If you've got a private range in the central area I'd be happy to meet up with you and share my learnings. ;)

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    I read it as him taking training and then I read you say he was giving it... I had to go back and re read it to make sure I didn't screw up.

If you've got a private range in the central area I'd be happy to meet up with you and share my learnings. ;)

We can work that out! Given my range is probably under 15' of water right now...

Last edited:

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    Huh? I thought you were talking about teaching... I get it now.

Since I got home from riding around the JD may be affecting me...

LOL I was gonna bait you along but someone was gonna blow my cover or really think I was an instructor!

JeeperCreeper

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    LaLa Land
    All in fun buddy!

Hope y'all stay above water I know it's nasty up there.

Back at ya! I'm on the island formely known as Central. I hope you and everyone else stays unaffected. I'm good, and hopefully stay that way. I have seen some stuff today. Blackhawks overhead and NG trucks all over the place. People calling me to get people out, and I did what I could, but there's only so much we could do before we got threatened to be arrested.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    2-3 day is my preference.

Do you prefer it multiple day classes more from a physical or mindset standpoint?

I think from a physical standpoint in the very hot months the heat may cause me to wanna rush.

I think from a mindset standpoint multiple days would be great for me.

Top Bottom