Good job interstate guns..

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Thanks for letting me know my supressor tax stamp came in the mail approved in June, and got no phone call.

thankfully to me i started to get worried and called ATF to ask status and found out it was approved and sent in June.

and apparently yall said you had no contact information from me.

even thow when i picked up supressor the box had my name, address, and PHONE number in big bold letters on the side of the box.

i always enjoy unnecessary 2 month additional wait times on $1,000 supressors...

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Wow! I’ve never heard bad things about that group, but I’ll agree when something you wait darn near a year to get, and a business delays it further, that really sucks.

Mej services, St. Bernard indoor and the meplat group are all good to go for NFA Transfers

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I'm gonna throw this up here. I have ordered two handguns in the last 1.5 months and Interstate handled the transfers to me. Both times they called me within 3 hours of receiving the firearms.

Today's technology, I receive an email (UPS) as soon as delivery is made to the FFL. I'm not trying to lessen the disappointment of the OP's post, just relaying my experience with Interstate. And its a handgun transfer, not a Class 3 item.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I'm gonna throw this up here. I have ordered two handguns in the last 1.5 months and Interstate handled the transfers to me. Both times they called me within 3 hours of receiving the firearms.

Today's technology, I receive an email (UPS) as soon as delivery is made to the FFL. I'm not trying to lessen the disappointment of the OP's post, just relaying my experience with Interstate. And its a handgun transfer, not a Class 3 item.

Yeah unfortunately it doesnt work that way with tax stamp items. I have no idea when the ATF approves the stamp or mails it to the FFL.

I mean i could call the ATF everyday like an *******. But from my experience with purchasing many NFA items its a long wait.

And then with a suppressor its already in the store many months prior to me getting approved. If they did not have incompetent employee(s), and actually looked at my suppressor box when they *couldnt* find my phone number, this wouldnt have been an issue.

this isnt they’re first rodeo with NFA items and silencershop always sticks the buyers contact info on the supressor box , clearly visable.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    No way you should have to call the ATF even once a week. Its Interstate's job to notify you when ur good to go, and can take delivery. And for 2 months, I mean they had 60 days to follow thru on this/catch their error. That's just a real clusterf**k! They should have been really apologetic to you when you did come in and take delivery.

Did u **** someone off over there before? One of their employees? Any prior history?
    Almost sounds personal.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I’m guessing the suppressor was fully paid for when you applied for the stamp...
    In my experience, people generally aren’t astute, aware, congruent or otherwise concerned when the tab has already been paid.
    I’ll bet a box of ammo if you’d owed money they would have been able to contact you.

Last edited:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    No way you should have to call the ATF even once a week. Its Interstate's job to notify you when ur good to go, and can take delivery. And for 2 months, I mean they had 60 days to follow thru on this/catch their error. That's just a real clusterf**k! They should have been really apologetic to you when you did come in and take delivery.

Did u **** someone off over there before? One of their employees? Any prior history?
    Almost sounds personal.

was my very first time useing them. I purchased the Can back in mid november through silencershop website, used interstate guns because they had a kiosk in shop, made it convenient to do the prints and photo all inone on the computer system.

everything went smooth no issue, left and said ill cya in a few months when it comes in.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    I’m guessing the suppressor was fully paid for when you applied for the stamp...
    In my experience, people generally aren’t astute, aware, congruent or otherwise concerned when the tab has already been paid.
    I’ll bet a box of ammo if you’d owed money they would have been able to contact you.

yes i purchased it online from silencershop. And had it shipped to then as an FFL.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    On a positive note, which can is it? Ya gotta be enjoying it now? Ur host weapon?

They just screwed the pooch on this one. No excuses.

Last edited:

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Did they do anything or offer to make it right?

Not really, although i did not pay any transfer fees which is normal i assume for purchasing a supressor online.

I initially called when i found out from ATF the stamp has been sitting in their shop for 2 months. The rep told me initially they tried calling me but no awnser, then i asked him what number did he use? Then he changed hisbstory to they didnt have my contact number, then said i wasn’t in thier system, which wss confirmed when i did the BG check i wsnt in thier system.

i didnt notice untill i got home my name and phone number were on the box.

the phone number is my work cellphone which i carry 24/7.

Anyway i just got a voice mail from The manager ill give him a call in a second.

i picked up a Liberty mystic X multi caliber.

xwTEr9Th.jpg

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    So i just spoke with dustin and he made it right,

he explained it was an extreme oversight and was the first time this is ever happend.

just so people know i will still be using these guy in the future and this is not a trash IG post. But one out of personal frustration and an employee that had a brain fart.

**** happens and we are good to go.

Dustin@ IG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2014
    Madisonville, Louisiana
    This is Dustin the store manager at Interstate Guns. We understand this customer's rightful frustration and have reached out to resolve the issue. We apologize for this mishap. This is not something that we like to see as customer service is our number one priority. We will be reviewing our procedures to make sure this will not happen in the future.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA

I’m not sure about that....When I tried to do business with them I couldn’t get a return call either. Lots of people talk great about them so I chalked it up to they were making too much money and didn’t need more at the time.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So i just spoke with dustin and he made it right,

he explained it was an extreme oversight and was the first time this is ever happend.

just so people know i will still be using these guy in the future and this is not a trash IG post. But one out of personal frustration and an employee that had a brain fart.

**** happens and we are good to go.

I had a similarly disappointing experience with a local gun shop. I bought a suppressor and the paperwork was sent it from the shop, not through Silencer Shop. The local shop got confirmation the paperwork had been delivered and all I could do was wait. About 2-3 months later I called to check the status of a previously purchased suppressor bought through a different shop using Silencer Shop. On a whip, I asked for the status of the 2nd purchase. They had no record of the serial number. I reached out to the local shop. They had the carrier investigate the delivery and the package had been delivered to an apartment complex. It appears the apartment complex frequently got paperwork meant for the ATF. After a while, they decided to just shred the papers rather than reaching out to the ATF or the sender. The local shop understood my frustration. They refunded my the cost of the tax stamp and resubmitted the paperwork. I'm still a bit frustrated because I would have the suppressor had it been delivered correctly the first time and I'm still waiting for it today. The shop never checked to see if the first check had been cashed. They checked on the second check. And I still do business with them.

And Dustin, please don't forget to call me when the stamp for my Omega 300 comes in. I'm sure it will be a while. The check was only cashed on 7/16/2018.

Note: Interstate Guns is not the name of the local gun shop from the above story. Different suppressor from a different gun shop.

oppsImissed

Rating - 94.6%
    35   2   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    somewhere south of I12
    This is Dustin the store manager at Interstate Guns. We understand this customer's rightful frustration and have reached out to resolve the issue. We apologize for this mishap. This is not something that we like to see as customer service is our number one priority. We will be reviewing our procedures to make sure this will not happen in the future.

Dustin, you have some top notch guys in there. I'm sure it was just a mistake. I'm glad your making it right..

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Glad to see it worked out. The price we pay for ordering items off the net. I had a Gunbroker seller send me a pistol from Washington State UPS ground 10 days later it was at the shop in Metairie. USPS tried to drop it every day before they opened for 4 days. No fault of the shop.
    Worse parts were it was a gun for, my wife. So I heard about it every day when I checked tracking!
    2 years ago I sent a 1903A4 and the shop when I picked it up it had no bolt. I called the guy who shipped it. He said it was not in the gun but wrapped by itself.
    Fast-forward the shop went looking in the office, back, dumpster as they tossed the box. Nothing. As I was driving off The counter guy came running up with it.
    I am glad to see yours made it there and was witing in 100% great shape when picked ut up. Stuff happens

Top Bottom