WTT: NLFS Winchester 190 .22 Rifle for Ruger 10/22 Rifle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    Want to trade my Winchester 190 .22 rifle for a Ruger 10/22 rifle. The Win 190 has long been a member of the family and cherished for squirrel hunting and plinking. Has a Weaver 4X (1” steel tube, dual-x reticle) scope, detachable sling swivels, and a Remington leather sling. It’s a tube magazine semiauto, wood-stocked rifle in .22 short, long, or long rifle.

My grandson (11 YO) has started shooting 4H 3-position CMP Sporter Rifle and we’ve been experimenting, and pretty well decided that the 190 is not what he needs. The 190 doesn’t have a lot of options for altering the stock to fit his small frame, there are limited aftermarket barrels and upgrade parts, and the tube magazine takes a longer time to manipulate than a detachable magazine. Most of the other 4H shooters have chosen the Ruger 10/22 as best suited for the sport. The 190 has been great for many things, just not so good for 4H competition.

I want to straight up trade this Win 190 with scope and sling for a Ruger 10/22 (not a takedown model). Doesn’t really matter about the type of stock and barrel because I eventually intend to change out for a new Magpul X22 stock, a new lightweight bull barrel, and most of the trigger/hammer/bolt hold-open/mag release parts, and then add a specialty scope (rules require no more than 6X).

IMG_4759.jpg IMG_4764.jpg IMG_4763.jpg
    IMG_4760.jpg IMG_4765.jpg

Last edited:

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    Excellent little .22. I have one that was my great grandfather's rifle. When he died in the 1980's I got the rifle. Have killed many a squirrel and rabbit with it.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom