Justice served. Screw you Jesse

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Though I dont think Jessie Ventura is all that, I dont think Chris Kyle was all that either. I thank Chris for serving our country, but he was not as great as he and the public thought/thinks he was.

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    There's an old joke that goes

"What's the difference between a lawyer and a whore?
    A whore will stop screwing you when you die."

Apparently Jesse wants to be a lawyer.

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    I havent followed this story. Did the ruling get overturned at a higher court or was his suit legit and they just took away his award for damages?

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Though I dont think Jessie Ventura is all that, I dont think Chris Kyle was all that either. I thank Chris for serving our country, but he was not as great as he and the public thought/thinks he was.

Don't upset the hyper-patriots that are blind to facts. Chris Kyle has a sniper nest above the throne of God sniping demons daily.

Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    Don't upset the hyper-patriots that are blind to facts. Chris Kyle has a sniper nest above the throne of God sniping demons daily.

Not my intent to upset anyone or take anything away from Kyle. He was good, did his job, but so are the many thousands of service men and women that have served in the past or are serving presently.

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA

Not my intent to upset anyone or take anything away from Kyle. He was good, did his job, but so are the many thousands of service men and women that have served in the past or are serving presently.
    He had the highest kill count by any Us military sniper to date, confirmed by the military. No one ever said Kyle was better then anyone else, nor has he ever said that himself. there are many untold stories of military heroics. And some we will never know about. everyone who has ever been to war (myself included) have done things , and sacrificed a lot. but generally most of us dont brag about it. I dont think Kyle had the intention of Bragging about his exploits overseas. He just wanted to tell his story and those he served with. So others that have never been there would feel a sense of how **** was over there. Same goes for Marcus Latrell , and my friend David Bellavia who has a book and , his book is being made into a Movie coming out soon. Called House to House Operation Phantom Fury. About his time in the 1st Infantry Division during the Battle of Falluja in 2004. David should have been awarded the Medal of Honor, but they only gave him a MSM and silver star.

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    When all this originally went down, I had sided with Ventura. I wonder what happened to caused the courts to overturn his prior victory.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Kyle was a patriot. He did a lot after his combat tours to try to help rehab fellow soldiers. That's what I will remember about him.
    As far as the Ventura thing, Kyle told the story of an incident in a bar, wherein he punched a bad mouther in the face. He never actually named Ventura. That's what sunk the case in a superior court.

Last edited:

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Kyle was a patriot. He did a lot after his combat tours to try to help rehab fellow soldiers. That's what I will remember about him.
    As far as the Ventura thing, Kyle told the story of an incident in a bar, wherein he punched a bad mouther in the face. He never actually named Ventura. That's what sunk the case in a superior court.

He did name Ventura on the Opie and Anthony radio show as "scruff face" from the book who he knocked out or whatever

Last edited:

UnseenUSPCompact

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    He did name Ventura on the Opie and Anthony radio show as "scruff face" from the book who he knocked out or whatever

Right but Im sure the lawyers crawfished that one right out the door. Bummer for Jesse, it def was character assassination for book sales/monies.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Right but Im sure the lawyers crawfished that one right out the door. Bummer for Jesse, it def was character assassination for book sales/monies.

yeah...Kyle had at least a year to retract his statements....never did though...I read some of the trial briefs from the case....The trial briefs destroy Kyle's witnesses, they were all drunk, only one claims to have seen the punch and heard the supposed comment from Ventura that "they deserve to lose a few guys", and even he cant recall any of the details from the night!!!

There's little chance the events actually happened, imho

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    They whole thing is sad to me. I'm not sure Jesse's case was truely ever viable, even if Chris Kyle was lieing his a$$ off. Jesse Ventura is a public figure. He made a career after retiring from the SEALs as a public figure. Slander and liable becomes very difficult to win. And it's slander not liable because he named Ventura in the spoken word. Did Chris Kyle wrong Ventura? Yeah probably, but there are gossip rags that do far worse to people daily. Personally I think even if Kyle telling the truth probably made a poor judgment call (we have all done it) while on the air and it was too public to walk it back. I don't think that detracts from Kyle's outstanding service to a greatful nation nor do I feel if what was said about Ventura was true detracts from his service. I will point out Ventura among a lot of folks sullied his reputation all by himself.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    ........ I will point out Ventura among a lot of folks sullied his reputation all by himself.

Definitely. I put him in the same box as Alex Jones. I feel they both have earned some degree of merit, but the hype they practice to further their notoriety makes me a little embarrassed for them (I seem to remember them doing a show together on the FEMA camp/disposable coffin thing).
    Actually, I'm pretty certain Jesse's reaction to and actions against the whole Kyle thing has left a pretty nice blemish on his....approval rating.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Definitely. I put him in the same box as Alex Jones. I feel they both have earned some degree of merit, but the hype they practice to further their notoriety makes me a little embarrassed for them (I seem to remember them doing a show together on the FEMA camp/disposable coffin thing).
    Actually, I'm pretty certain Jesse's reaction to and actions against the whole Kyle thing has left a pretty nice blemish on his....approval rating.

I can get behind those sentiments. Not to get off track about Ventura and Jones, I will say they've both put out some looney stuff. But I know Jones (not sure about Ventura) has broke legitimate stories like the illegals being disbursed into our country in what appears to be a strategic plan. I value his opinion only slightly more than I value Esquire or whatever gossip rag you prefer. I will however accept Ventura and Jone's word over MSNBC and CNN. But that's No more a compliment than it is an inditement.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I agree Whitebread and if people stop trying to expose corruption and the likes we will all be in the dark. I guess my I'll feelings about the Ventura lawsuit are more about him pressing the suit even after Kyle's death. That just makes him look like a little bitch in my book. Regardless of what the truth behind the event or story.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I thank all who have and currently serve our nation. I have no skin in this game. Im just a civilian. Do we have any current or retired Team guys that have an opinion? I have trained with a gentleman that served around the same time (early days) as JV and his opinion of him isn't very high. Says he is arrogant at the reunions. If I were a pimple on this mans butt I would be arrogant too. Lol

Top Bottom