How a Small Scale Civl War Might Look and Get Started.(History Lesson)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Last night I happened upon a documentary called the "The Mine Wars" on Frontline (PBS). I read the summary: The story of the largest US insurrection since the Civil War.

I never knew what this event was?!? Never heard of it! I was intrigued so I watched.

I encourage all of you to give it a look. It is stunning that in 1920 (55 years after the end of the Civil War), we had thousands of Americans facing off with guns (and shooting each other), in West Virginia coal mining country. What is most intriguing is how it got started. Corporate profits, labor disputes, corrupt politicians, corrupt leaders, etc., but then it began to look like what a tyrannical government gun confiscation scheme or the eradication of Constitutional Rights may look like.

I won't spoil it, and you should all watch it; but at the very least you firearms brethren should read about this event and the things that led to it. It's both scary and enlightening.

It may also allow you to understand why West Virginia and the Appalachians are such a mess to this day. These fellow "Americans" were beaten down and treated like dog sh*t.

You won't regret the hour invested! ;)

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Last night I happened upon a documentary called the "The Mine Wars" on Frontline (PBS). I read the summary: The story of the largest US insurrection since the Civil War.

I never knew what this event was?!? Never heard of it! I was intrigued so I watched.

I encourage all of you to give it a look. It is stunning that in 1920 (55 years after the end of the Civil War), we had thousands of Americans facing off with guns (and shooting each other), in West Virginia coal mining country. What is most intriguing is how it got started. Corporate profits, labor disputes, corrupt politicians, corrupt leaders, etc., but then it began to look like what a tyrannical government gun confiscation scheme or the eradication of Constitutional Rights may look like.

I won't spoil it, and you should all watch it; but at the very least you firearms brethren should read about this event and the things that led to it. It's both scary and enlightening.

It may also allow you to understand why West Virginia and the Appalachians are such a mess to this day. These fellow "Americans" were beaten down and treated like dog sh*t.

I believe this point in history was when the term red-neck was coined. The miners all wore red bandannas on their neck if I’m remembering my history.

Freedom is a moral cause but only the moral can hold it. What took place across most labor industries with the wealthy elite treating their employees like dogs is what forged the unions. The same type of elitist have co-oped the unions and use the rank and file as their meal ticket.

You can look back throughout history and see the oppressive and perverse amass power and wealth and eventually forceful defiance often lawless behavior is required to correct it. Whoever said violence doesn’t solve anything is a dumb@$$.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    part of why the corporate machine had any success in those times was the whole incident and area and people were practically cut off from the rest of the nation. Much of what happened during that bloody time could easily be covered up, hidden from the rest of the world. Almost like a foreign Stone Age country being overrun, exploited, enslaved. Only thing that comes close nowadays are the BLM land grabs as of late.
    I could see government spark off conflict here and there but if there’s ever another civil war in the US it will be for much the same reason as the first. Tyrannical Federal government sticking their nose where it don’t belong, overreaching and using force to take over people’s lives and private property. Taking the money, guns, rights, etc of the populous. Make no mistake, it will not simply be between two factions of the populous. It will be between the populous and the government.

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/films/theminewars/

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I hope Some of you got a chance to check it out.

I cited it because if you put it in the context of say, government over reach; eg. being forced by fiat, to turn in guns, or magazines; or law abiding gun owners systematically being targeted by government officials or jailed, or worse, then you could see how enough people could amass from distances to revolt against the actions of tyranny by armed force.

Now, that being said; these miners were willing to lay down their lives for this cause. I mean, knowing you were going to war with fellow Americans with the intent to shoot them, could not have been an easy decision. And this was over a labor dispute initially. Of course, the mine owners and the thugs they had in their back pockets started pushing the workers into corners, and actually jailing them and killing them, so the insurrection was probably warranted. But to mobilize (or have gather), 3-5000 armed people from other parts of the country to assist your cause and also be willing to die for it too, is pretty amazing.

So ask yourselves; what would it take for you?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    As an exercise, let's try to do a little hypothetical thinking. Let's say President Ocasio-Cortez signs into law a bill establishing a 6 month "buy back" program. After that program expires, all semi-auto rifles would be illegal. The bill has no grandfather clause. Who enforces this federal law?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    As an exercise, let's try to do a little hypothetical thinking. Let's say President Ocasio-Cortez signs into law a bill establishing a 6 month "buy back" program. After that program expires, all semi-auto rifles would be illegal. The bill has no grandfather clause. Who enforces this federal law?

The Alphabet agencies, and all state and local authorities unwilling to stand on principle and fight the federal overreach.

The question is who doesn’t enforce that law. And how do you find out before it’s too late.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The Alphabet agencies, and all state and local authorities unwilling to stand on principle and fight the federal overreach.

The question is who doesn’t enforce that law. And how do you find out before it’s too late.

"The Federal Government may neither issue directives requiring the States to address particular problems, nor command the State's officers, or those of their political subdivisions, to administer or enforce a federal regulatory program."
    Printz v. United States (1997)

They wouldn't have to stand on principle. They have the law behind them.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I had a boat sink. And the rest.

My Dog Eat them would you like to sift the poop?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    "The Federal Government may neither issue directives requiring the States to address particular problems, nor command the State's officers, or those of their political subdivisions, to administer or enforce a federal regulatory program."
    Printz v. United States (1997)

They wouldn't have to stand on principle. They have the law behind them.

If states simply chose not to enforce a ban, it would be the equivalent of a ‘sanctuary state’ just for 2A rights. Am I tracking?

The federal government has a method of compelling state compliance by way of purse-strings. Which is is one of many reasons the IRS should be abolished each state should raise its own taxes to fund state needs.

But hey I tend to lean pretty far federalist.

Top Bottom