Whats going on in golden meadow

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    You really wanna know what’s going on in Golden Meadow? Well, looks like the law finally Woke up from writing speeding tickets long enough to realize there’s some crime going on. Hahahahaha! Morning sunshine!

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Wtf is going on in golden meadow

Savoie was charged with first offense possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, a felony charge of taking contraband to penal institution, and a felony charge of improper registration of a firearm .

Exactly how does one properly register a firearm in Louisiana when there is no registry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

paddle007

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Covington
    The Advocate article mentions homemade suppressors. I hope that's what law enforcement was referring to.
    FWIW I am constantly amazed with people bringing up the fact of needing to register a firearm. Another misconception is that it has been registered because it was purchased from a dealer with a background check.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The Advocate article mentions homemade suppressors. I hope that's what law enforcement was referring to.
    FWIW I am constantly amazed with people bringing up the fact of needing to register a firearm. Another misconception is that it has been registered because it was purchased from a dealer with a background check.
    Repetitive conditioning. The media says it enough times and people accept it without even knowing. Like ‘assault weapon’ (formerly assault style weapon), ‘high capacity magazine’, etc. So, somehow even many gun owners believe guns must be registered to the owner.
    As for the registered when bought theory, the feds get their names and serial numbers and that’s all they care about. Is that registration? Hmmm, one could argue that it’s not. But I’m not naive enough to believe that all that info has not been recorded and stored since day one of the the federal background check being instituted and if that’s not registration...well, we can think of another name for it if it’ll make you happy.

XD-GEM

XD-GEM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    New Orleans
    Exactly how does one properly register a firearm in Louisiana when there is no registry?

Louisiana law mimics federal law in calling silencers "firearms" like "machine guns" and requires registration of them. Article says the guy had some "homemade silencers" in his possession.

Start here and keep hitting the "next" button:

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?p=y&d=97843

Tigerfish

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Prairieville, La
    Louisiana law mimics federal law in calling silencers "firearms" like "machine guns" and requires registration of them. Article says the guy had some "homemade silencers" in his possession.

Start here and keep hitting the "next" button:

http://www.legis.la.gov/legis/Law.aspx?p=y&d=97843

I get it and understand if that was referring to the suppressors. I just had a temporary brain fart and forgot that suppressors are classified as firearms. I hear/read firearms, I immediately think and picture...you know, actual firearms rather than a firearm accessory

maddenfreak13

wannabe operator
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2007
    Houma, LA
    You really wanna know what’s going on in Golden Meadow? Well, looks like the law finally Woke up from writing speeding tickets long enough to realize there’s some crime going on. Hahahahaha! Morning sunshine!

You mean the 2 officers actually did some “real” police work?

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Repetitive conditioning. The media says it enough times and people accept it without even knowing. Like ‘assault weapon’ (formerly assault style weapon), ‘high capacity magazine’, etc. So, somehow even many gun owners believe guns must be registered to the owner.
    As for the registered when bought theory, the feds get their names and serial numbers and that’s all they care about. Is that registration? Hmmm, one could argue that it’s not. But I’m not naive enough to believe that all that info has not been recorded and stored since day one of the the federal background check being instituted and if that’s not registration...well, we can think of another name for it if it’ll make you happy.
    When my dad's and I guns were taken from his home they knew all I had bought from day one and his as well. Everything.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    So y'all better make sure you have a police report for the guns ya lost on that boating insistent.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    When my dad's and I guns were taken from his home they knew all I had bought from day one and his as well. Everything.

Wait. 'They' took firearms belonging to both you, and your father?

Who is 'They'?

Was there a 'Why', or a 'When'?

How did they get a list, as you describe?

Please, more info.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Wait. 'They' took firearms belonging to both you, and your father?

Who is 'They'?

Was there a 'Why', or a 'When'?

How did they get a list, as you describe?

Please, more info.

You didn’t know the ATF can track firearms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom