More Red Flag Laws, Watch what you say on social media.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Today in Trumps speech he mentioned teaming up with social media platforms to create tools to detect future mass shooters before they strike. This just after he had a social media summit about how these companies are targeting and censoring conservative platforms. This can only be bad for the country, conservatives especially. Imagine in the near future when a democrat is back in the White House how badly they will abuse this Red Flag Law. Anyone supporting 2A will be a target. Anyone who post videos at the gun range will be a target. Hell, anyone can report you because they don't like you or you offended them and you will be investigated. People have already been shot and killed because of red flag laws. This is a knee jerk reaction just like with the bump stock and it is how Trump will lose in 2020. The bump stock ban did nothing to prevent these kinds of acts and mass shooters WILL find a way to negate getting caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8QHbb1-4Y

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Today in Trumps speech he mentioned teaming up with social media platforms to create tools to detect future mass shooters before they strike. This just after he had a social media summit about how these companies are targeting and censoring conservative platforms. This can only be bad for the country, conservatives especially. Imagine in the near future when a democrat is back in the White House how badly they will abuse this Red Flag Law. Anyone supporting 2A will be a target. Anyone who post videos at the gun range will be a target. Hell, anyone can report you because they don't like you or you offended them and you will be investigated. People have already been shot and killed because of red flag laws. This is a knee jerk reaction just like with the bump stock and it is how Trump will lose in 2020. The bump stock ban did nothing to prevent these kinds of acts and mass shooters WILL find a way to negate getting caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY8QHbb1-4Y

So what is your solution? Trump
    Will not lose because the alternatives are even worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    We have an agency which literally backs up the internet every day. If you think deleting your account makes you safe, you’re sadly mistaken. Voting and being actively involved in the political process (including staying in touch with your elected officials) is how we stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

981GT4

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 31, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    We have an agency which literally backs up the internet every day. If you think deleting your account makes you safe, you’re sadly mistaken. Voting and being actively involved in the political process (including staying in touch with your elected officials) is how we stay safe.

No no but it does prevent the ****ing snowflake ****s from anonymously reporting me to police for a red flag raid.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Attachments

• illegal.jpeg
      illegal.jpeg
      124.3 KB · Views: 150

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula

Exactly, these laws will only hurt law abiding citizens like they always have. Now all they have to do is get the lawyers and police onboard to enforce these unjust laws and we Americans are doomed. Full confiscation!

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." oops did I just post something that will get me investigated because I might be a mass killer?

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    So what is your solution? Trump
    Will not lose because the alternatives are even worse.

The real problem is that there really isn't any solution for this problem. I mean really what are you going to do? None of the proposed laws would've helped... period.
    If the bad guys have AR's then I want an AR, not a hammer.

And here we are voting for the better of two evils

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The real problem is that there really isn't any solution for this problem. I mean really what are you going to do? None of the proposed laws would've helped... period.

Yep. I propose we actually put bad guys in jail for mandatory sentences when they are caught with firearms, use them in crimes or purchase them illegally. I also think we need more security in places that are easy targets. Stopping vehicle attacks are remedied by adding barricades etc, armed attacks have to be stopped with other firearms. The proposed red flag law
    I heard today was only done at the request of law enforcement and wasn’t enforced until a court date which had to be within 7 days. I don’t know if this is the answer but you can bet something is about to take place, there is way too much pressure on politicians.

EightySix

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Yep. I propose we actually put bad guys in jail for mandatory sentences when they are caught with firearms, use them in crimes or purchase them illegally. I also think we need more security in places that are easy targets. Stopping vehicle attacks are remedied by adding barricades etc, armed attacks have to be stopped with other firearms. The proposed red flag law
    I heard today was only done at the request of law enforcement and wasn’t enforced until a court date which had to be within 7 days. I don’t know if this is the answer but you can bet something is about to take place, there is way too much pressure on politicians.

I agree, enforce the laws that are already on the books. No need for more laws that further infringe on our rights. They are pecking away a little at a time and eventually there will be nothing left. Hold people accountable.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Companies in the business of data collection are high fiveing right now. What some have thought should be illegal and other countries are making illegal might just be government subsidized here now.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

I’m not gonna call bull shine till you clarify. But...

What shows up on websites is an outward representation of the data stored on a server. Those servers have levels of encryption to prevent hacking from all actors. Many internet based platforms are password encrypted to even be a low level user (batoushooter requires a password to make any posts) so accessing those servers and copying the data from all the servers publishing stuff to the internet is an impossibility. Taking visual representations (screen shots) of just 1/10,000th of what’s on the internet might actually (just for funs) break the internet.

Now I’m no IT guy I just have spent a large portion of my time learning from people much smarter than myself and I’m sure I have metric s*** tons left to learn. I just don’t see your claim even remotely possible if I understand it correctly

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    People think agencies need warrants to track phones too. Agencies need warrants to get the carrier to give up the info. But there are commercial programs available which can hack into any phone anywhere and, if it has signal, get the agency close enough to find it on foot. Kim Komando did a piece a while back showing how Alexa etc were active monitoring and caching the info they recorded without the user’s knowledge or permission. Cookies embed, cache, and report data from just about all connected devices (ever been talking about something in the car and suddenly start seeing ads for it on your social media apps?), and several foreign countries have proved repeatedly that data is hackable. Our own agencies run passive constant wiretaps (legal or not, different debate) searching phone conversations for keywords which trigger an active tap. To use the recording requires a warrant in most states, but the carriers cooperate and make them. Why? Subsidies. AT&T and Verizon are both great at it. How do we know? They built the networks for us in Iraq and Afghanistan and that’s how we gathered a lot of intel on bad guys, using tech they already owned.

Given all that, I can’t see how anyone could doubt the NSA’s previous claims that they assist Library of Congress’s effort to regularly back up the internet. Links? I don’t keep them. Professors and TAs requiring they be spoon-fed everything rather than finding it for themselves is why I absolutely hated college.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    If you notice, when people decide to go on a shooting rampage, they are always doing it in a place where they know, it's unlikely anyone in the area is going to shoot back. Flood the streets with guns. put a gun in anyone's hand that is willing to learn how to handle it, hell, put guns in everyone's hands, period. The situation will likely get stupid with all the idiots killing each other off, and as in any combative situation, there will probably be other casualties, however once people start to realize that if they start shooting, chances are, someone will be around and shoot back, the **** will stop. These people are shooting on opportunity. They don't want to have to defend themselves against others that will shoot back.

Most situations of any subject tend to get worse before they get better. lets get the worst over with.....

I may be and probably am way off base here, but obviously politicians passing laws on a sheet of paper, isn't going to do any good. It just makes life harder for us. Lets think outside the box and try something new.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Solution? No

but

Solutions? Yes

The problem is we live in Bazaaro world, and changing hearts and minds is not an easy task.

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas

LEO and judges should not be able to infringe on God given rights without due process. I don’t care what a “concerned family member/distant relative/bystanders/Facebook friend” reports. That is opening up a Pandora’s box and relinquishing rights to individuals that can misuse them. Not that I don’t trust LE agencies, but I know that will eventually be used as a tool by certain agencies/departments to sequester opposition and push an agenda. It’s moving in the opposite direction of liberty. We should not surrender rights out of fear or emotion, we have already surrendered too much of our freedom.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    To the OP:
    I’ve never done spacebook or any other social site. I forbid my extended family from posting pics or other info of me and mine and thankfully they pay heed.
    Sorry to be the one to break this to you, but Trump will win in 2020. For the same reasons he won in 2016. Mostly because he is still the lesser of all the evils. And I’d be willing to bet that of the very few that are even in the running, he’s the one you’d prefer.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    LEO and judges should not be able to infringe on God given rights without due process. I don’t care what a *concerned family member/distant relative/bystanders/Facebook friend* reports. That is opening up a Pandora’s box and relinquishing rights to individuals that can misuse them. Not that I don’t trust LE agencies, but I know that will eventually be used as a tool by certain agencies/departments to sequester opposition and push an agenda. It’s moving in the opposite direction of liberty. We should not surrender rights out of fear or emotion, we have already surrendered too much of our freedom.
    mucig0D.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom