Any 1911 fanatics here?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Firearmfanatic

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 25, 2016
    Acadia Parish
    I resently won a beautiful akia 1911. I was gonna post pic but dont know how...

Start your post and add your text. Then look further down for the "manage attachments" button and click on that. It will open another window where you will see in the upper right corner of that window "add files", click that and it will open a "mini" window for you to browse files on your pc. Select the file or files you want to add and once they are in the bottom area of the window click done. Then click post reply and there you go.

Last edited:

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Don't have a 1911 yet, but getting close. Been looking at Kimbers.

Take a look at springfield. They have a 1911 for just about any budget. There's GI, milspec, range officer, loaded, operator, TRP, and professional along with the custom shop guns.

youcarrya.40?

No longer carrying a .40
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2017
    Amite La.
    Here's mine, recently refinished after years of sitting in my closet with damage from hurricane Katrina
    now:
    2m6vjvb.jpg

before:
    28lrgc7.jpg

spic21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 9, 2012
    Bought my first 1911 at 22 years old. It was a rock island and i bought it new for $350. Was my favorite guns for years. Ive shoot thousands and thousand round though it a never one problem. Ive recently won a akai tactical 1911 and it now one of my favorites

drenfro78

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2016
    New Orleans, LA
    I have a Colt Gvt model I bought new in '02-'03. I have changed it up a bit with standard bits: beaver tail grip safety, skeletonized hammer and trigger, wolf 18# recoil spring, stiffer mainspring, wrap around grips, and a comp. love this gun. Shoots straight and eats everything I put in it. This will be the only gun I never get rid of.

Attachments

• IMG_3280.jpg
      IMG_3280.jpg
      220.3 KB · Views: 96

1911Dave

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Mandeville
    I had an STI Trojan 9mm that didn't eat winchester white box worth a damn so I traded it off. Regret that as prices on them have soared. Last year I picked up a Springfield Range Officer Operator for myself and a Colt Competition for my wife, both are great shooters and aren't going anywhere. I enjoy and appreciate them but since I can't carry them for work they are more of a toy than an addiction.
    Wow just checked the price on them. Bought mine 5 years ago for right around $1k. $1499 now. Still my favorite gun that I have owned.

JLodwick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2017
    New Orleans
    I love em ! I have a Springfield Armory champion rebuilt with Wilson Combat parts and VZ grips . I also have a few others , WWII GI Springfield , Taurus PT 1911 .....

tmpPhoto.jpgIMG_20151110_151955577_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom