FN Herstal SCAR 16 SBR

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    Earlier this year, I had bought a FNH SCAR 16 BLK with the standard 16 inch barrel. It is a sweet weapon. I had planned to buy a second one designated as a FNH SCAR 16 CQC BLK. The "CQC" meant "close quarter combat" and has a 10 inch barrel. I had exhausted my efforts to locate one. It appears they simply will not sell that variant to the civilian market.

High Desert Dog Tactical LLC sells a 10 barrel assembly for about $950.00 and I tried to order one. But my order did not go through. My credit union called me the following morning and told me they held up the transaction pending my approval because of the large number of bank fraud incidents in Nevada. Just hours before, I got an e-mail indicating HDD Tactical had a FNH SCAR 16 BLK with the 10 inch barrel in stock. I jumped on that and ordered it. It works out to about $500 cheaper by buying the complete CQC SBR when compared to buying the standard barrel rifle plus the short barrel assembly.

I'm looking forward to receiving this SBR. I'd really like to get the same FNH SCAR 16 SBR chambered in 300 Blackout without the expense of ordering a standard rifle and separate barrel assembly.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Subscribed.

I have a scar 16 and a couple SBRs already...now I just need a SBR scar! There are some options for you as a scar owner:
    1)Buy an expensive factory scar barrel with the correct gas port size

2) Have Parker Mountain machine cut and rethread your barrel and also put the correct gas Port size in place to get your rifle to cycle appropriately.

http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p64/PMM/CQC_SCAR_16S_Barrel_Service.html

3) Buy a used factory 16 barrel(via ebay, fnforum, etc) and have it cut,gas port sized and rethreaded by PMM

4) Get an aftermarket short barrel from some where like HDD

I personally want to keep my factory barrel as a back up so I will probably opt for #3.

Last edited:

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    Earlier this year, I had bought a FNH SCAR 16 BLK with the standard 16 inch barrel. It is a sweet weapon. I had planned to buy a second one designated as a FNH SCAR 16 CQC BLK. The "CQC" meant "close quarter combat" and has a 10 inch barrel. I had exhausted my efforts to locate one. It appears they simply will not sell that variant to the civilian market.

High Desert Dog Tactical LLC sells a 10 barrel assembly for about $950.00 and I tried to order one. But my order did not go through. My credit union called me the following morning and told me they held up the transaction pending my approval because of the large number of bank fraud incidents in Nevada. Just hours before, I got an e-mail indicating HDD Tactical had a FNH SCAR 16 BLK with the 10 inch barrel in stock. I jumped on that and ordered it. It works out to about $500 cheaper by buying the complete CQC SBR when compared to buying the standard barrel rifle plus the short barrel assembly.

I'm looking forward to receiving this SBR. I'd really like to get the same FNH SCAR 16 SBR chambered in 300 Blackout without the expense of ordering a standard rifle and separate barrel assembly.

Glad you scored it buddy. I've never seen them for sale on the civilian market before but it's a great score. I can't wait to see it. Didn't know you were on this board. LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    Subscribed.

I have a scar 16 and a couple SBRs already...now I just need a SBR scar! There are some options for you as a scar owner:
    1)Buy an expensive factory scar barrel with the correct gas port size

2) Have Parker Mountain machine cut and rethread your barrel and also put the correct gas Port size in place to get your rifle to cycle appropriately.

http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/p64/PMM/CQC_SCAR_16S_Barrel_Service.html

3) Buy a used factory 16 barrel(via ebay, fnforum, etc) and have it cut,gas port sized and rethreaded by PMM

4) Get an aftermarket short barrel from some where like HDD

I personally want to keep my factory barrel as a back up so I will probably opt for #3.

What I see from Parker Mountain is not a good option for the 300 Blackout SBR. The proper short barrel has a multi-switch gas port that you select depending upon ammo selection, ie subsonic, supersonic, and bullet weight. Parker Mountain is useful information thought. Thanks.

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    I placed my order for this FNH SCAR 16 CQC with a 10-inch barrel on Aug 1, 2017. I was notified yesterday, Aug 15, that it was approved by BATFE and will be shipped in a day or two. This is a 2 week approval by BATFE. Oh happy days.

Grandpa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2014
    New Orleans
    Fnh scar 16 sbr

Was your Form 4 approved in 2 weeks or was it your form 3?

I don't know the answer to that. I'm not familiar with all the administrative forms the BATFE uses. However, it is the one that approves the transfer from the gun manufacturer or distributor to my local dealer. I expect the rifle will be in my local dealer's possession early this upcoming week (Monday or Tuesday). I will then have to wait on approval of another transfer into my hands. But at least I can go see it and/or fondle it at my local dealer's.

Just for the record, I use Ken Bossetta at Meplat. I rate him at 5 stars. I think he is prompt, fair, knowledgeable and does what I ask him to do. I never have that nagging feeling that I have been screwed somehow. You all know the feeling. I always have that feeling every time I buy a new car regardless of how good a bargain I supposedly have.

Last edited:

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    Parker Mountain Machine can cut the barrel for around $300. He installs new gas jets and they are 100% reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom