handgun pictures thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    AvAFGAK.jpg

Since it's technically not a "rifle" my 22lr, 4 inch barreled ar pistol

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Can't decide which rmr I like better

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      257.3 KB · Views: 138
    • image.jpg
      image.jpg
      253.7 KB · Views: 126

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    300 AAC blackout Takedown
    7.5" barrel.
    Law Tactial Folding adapter.
    Dolos Takedown adapter.
    Sig brace.

Following Noob's lead... ;)

Here is my "pistol" too...

d0a352cd904a27947daa31460db24083.jpg

7cd229f3912cb57685c649a70e8119c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

wcweir3

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 26, 2015
    Gonzales, LA
    I just received it today from prepers gunshop (first time ordering from them and they shippednoy gasg) and I'm loving it already bigchillin..matter of fact I just got this scorpion a few days ago aswell and haven't shot it yet.i have always wanted to get me a scorpion but I have always put it off and almost always ended up getting a different gun/rifle with the money..when I saw that gearhead works was coming out with this tail hook kit,that's when i stopped putting the scorpion on hold and put my search for one in overdrive..

I must say this brace is really all that and then some..i guess because it uses the actual factory stock/cheek rest..after installing it today,I was playing operator and clearing rooms in my house while my wife looked at me like I was crazy hahaha..this brace kit is damn near like the real deal stock and now that batf will not be sending us peasant to prison for shouldering it, that just makes it all the better lol..

I will stop short of recommending it because I haven't shot the gun yet but so far from the feel,fit and finish I'll give it a solid A+
    62010b4e06cd48bc3c3b4259149c6895.jpg
    7c08045a7198c214ce5bd17a728aa498.jpg
    dda66be21998dd14e0acf58b0564b3ee.jpg
    ac28ac29e2d73b35e85e763b04ba11be.jpg
    87bc5a24c1464cbd33a87491a6f15d97.jpg
    ca6b024ffc8c1d3786ab273de58cb2f7.jpg
    abd627f9fc54ae3899c7945cbc093276.jpg
    6128f9c4ddcbe2fd5873be0a3e9f6ad4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I like that 1911 let me know when you get bored with it LOL
    Wingate

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    My new CZ Scorpion EVO pistol

My new CZ Scorpion EVO pistol. Here's what I've done so far...

1. HB Industries Reduced Weight Trigger Pack (purchased drill bit and screw also).
    2. PAKSE Pathfinder Pistol Grip (Stippled with an etcher... very light but very effective).
    3. CZ Custom Shop Folding adapter.
    4. Shockwave buffer tube and Blade brace (added rare earth magnet so it stays folded like the factory stock)
    5. Midwest industries buffer tube sling mount.
    6. Right side safety delete.
    7. Thread adapter to 1/2x28 (actual barrel nut replacement with threads)
    8. Extended Charging Handle (Also stippled with etcher)
    9. TLR1 Weaponlight
    10. Magpul handstop
    11. Holosun (circle dot & solar) red dot sight with riser to use iron sights. (I've tried others... it holds zero and has never been any issue).

Upcoming modifications (more pictures coming with mods!)

1. AK style Safety levers (looked at the push button safety also)
    2. CZ M-LOK Carbine Handguard (to partially shroud suppressor)
    3. TLR1 door and pressure tape switch
    4. CZ Barrel Cooler
    5. Polymer M-LOK rail sections
    6. HB Industries Duckbill Magazine Release

POSSIBLE FUTURE upgrades...

1. Possible SB Tactical SBTEVO Arm Brace (replace the blade)
    2. Possible Manticore Arms Bull-Nose Transformer Foreend
    3. Possible HK Diopter sights to replace factory iron sights
    4. Griffen 3-Lug Muzzle Device
    5. SILENCERCO OCTANE 3-LUG MOUNT

FullSizeR.jpg

My review... Recoil is a little more than anticipated but very very manageable (I attribute it to the short barrel). I have the YetiWorks pistol grip on my Scorpion Carbine and love it... however with this build I wanted to be able to do things I wouldn't do to a $50 or $60 grip! The angle on the PAKSE Pathfinder Pistol Grip is great and it feels very similar to an AR grip. My suppressor is actually a Silencerco Octane .45 ACP suppressor and I believe its actually MORE QUIET than the 9mm on this firearm. I tried the INFORCE WML, but decided on the TLR1 because of the switch position relevant to my finger position (which will of course change with the carbine handguard, but that's why I went with the door and pressure switch replacement).

The threads for the pistol are the factory barrel nut that is threaded at 1/2x28 to receive the suppressor (So an "adapter" isn't really needed). I'm thinking about going with the Octane three lug connector on the suppressor so I have a quick detach mount. The Extended charging handle is a MUST and allows for better optic placement without smashing your knuckes on whatever you mount to the rail (though you do need to account for the handle... i.e. mounting a PEQ-15 would overlap and not allow you to stow the charging handle and hold the bolt open). Everyone knows about the safety delete and why it is a necessity... however, I don't like only being able to use one side for activating/deactivating the safety... the AK style safeties are GREAT, however, they work a little in reverse which takes some getting used to (UP is fire, down is safe). It does make it a little easy to remember because it partially interrupts your ability to put your finger in the trigger guard without flipping the safety up.

The AK Style Duckbill Magazine release allows for the factory style release but adds the tab feature for removal of the magazine in one swift motion (without the AK rock also!)

I added the midwest industries clamp-on sling mount because I like the placement of the sling near the rear of the receiver (near the castle nut) just like an AR. The folding adapter from CZ Custom shop is perfect! I don't know if it's $240 perfect... but it is amazing. the Shockwave Blade buffer tube is better than most pistol buffer tubes I've seen... there's even a mod to the screw that would enable fast collapsing/extending of the brace as needed (I opted out of this mod). The Rifle Stock utilizes the serial number plate and a magnet to hold the stock in the folded position... I JB Welded a rare earth magnet in the appropriate spot to have this same functionality with the brace, otherwise it just flaps in the wind with no holdback. Also, given that my sling point is on the folding end of the adapter, it stays folded!

I went with the Holosun mainly for the Solar and circle/cross/dot reticle (like an EOTech). I also kept the high riser so that I could use the iron sights as a backup even if the red dot is cracked or glass is unusable. Yes I thought of Co-Witnessing it... but preferred the ability to see the irons no matter what happened to the optic.

I'm still on the fence with SBR'ing it to look exactly like the Carbine (markings on the suppressor are even the same!)

I hope this helps anyone thinking of these upgrades or purchasing a scorpion. If you have any questions, just ask! I will post more pictures as I perform any future modifications.

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    ** UPDATE **

FullSizeR.jpg

1. HB Industries Reduced Weight Trigger Pack (purchased drill bit and screw also).
    2. PAKSE Pathfinder Pistol Grip (Stippled with an etcher... very light but very effective).
    3. CZ Custom Shop Folding adapter.
    4. Shockwave buffer tube and Blade brace (added rare earth magnet so it stays folded like the factory stock)
    5. Midwest industries buffer tube sling mount.
    6. Thread adapter to 1/2x28 (actual barrel nut replacement with threads)
    7. Extended Charging Handle (Also stippled with etcher)
    8. TLR1 Weaponlight
    9. Magpul handstop
    10. Holosun (circle dot & solar) red dot sight with riser to use iron sights. (I've tried others... it holds zero and has never been any issue).
    11. AK style Safety levers (looked at the push button safety also)
    12. CZ M-LOK Carbine Handguard (to partially shroud suppressor)
    13. CZ Barrel Cooler
    14. Polymer M-LOK rail sections
    15. HB Industries Duckbill Magazine Release

Just FYI... the carbine handguard comes with the carbine barrel nut. However, you will need a specific socket that is about 12 inches long. Also, the existing barrel nut (pistol) can be taken off with a crescent wrench.

Last edited:

pdufrene

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Luling, LA
    Freedom Gunworks 6" 9mm

Freedom Gunworks 6" 9mm Limited

Attachments

• FreedomGunworks9mm.jpg
      FreedomGunworks9mm.jpg
      183.6 KB · Views: 122
    • FreedomGunworks9mmSpiral.jpg
      FreedomGunworks9mmSpiral.jpg
      87.2 KB · Views: 137

Wolfgang1952

LOCAL Fla. Par, Cha. Pres
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 27, 2009
    Mt Hermon / Franklinton La, USA
    I’m putting my pictures of my 1917 production 1911 model of US Army back up sense I closed out my photobucket account and am in the process of moving everything to imgur.com, better people.

KJBrBfm.jpg

UArl0YR.jpg

I’ve been looking to retire my 1917production 1911 model of US Army for some time. I really didn’t want a new Colt or one of the overpriced copies out there. So in 2000 I bought a Sig P220-45 from a friend of mine who had a FFL but has sense moved out of state. I was thinking it would replace my 1911, but it didn’t nothing like my 1911. In 2016 still looking for a 45acp pistol to replace my 1917-1911 with, I came across the SAR K2-45. The price was right, so I bought one. It’s a 14+1 rounder, 14 in the mag plus 1 in the pipe. That I liked. After I liberated it from my LGS I hit my back yard range. I loaded all five mages, the one that came with it and the four extras I had bought. I loaded them with a mix of HB and JHP to see how it worked. Now this thing is nice. Started out at 50yds and walked in to 20ft, not one miss, not one FTF or FTE. The SAR K2-45 is a CZ-97 clone. Now this has replaced my 1911.

1ig6o62.jpg

eH0Iz10.jpg

I primarily OC so these are my OC holsters.

TKavkYg.jpg

IVlqzoG.jpg

qgzSyNQ.jpg

Wolf

Last edited:

toddmtnbkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This 20 shoots so sweet now!
    (New slide work and stippling)
    Super flat.
    Well balanced with extended mag base plate (2 extra rounds).
    Super tacky with new stippling!
    Off hand, Shooters ledges is a great addition (shouldn't have stippled that entire ledge, my off hand thumb isn't happy with me)

Makes my 19 look like a 43, lol....

76611146564bba9072a697df31c8421d.jpg

6373426b6a357c5596e5b1c556fdff55.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssgsimon

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 6, 2014
    lafayette
    viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]

Mil Industries, Thunder Five Chambered in 45-70 what a beast!

- - - Updated - - -

viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

viewer.php
    [/URL][/IMG]

Top Bottom