Glen beck and Bill O'Reilly think there should be gun registration

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Again, comparison schmarison, and all that...
    If anyone here truly believes that any babysitter for private gun sales will do anything to stop gun violence, fairy tales !
    If you think the government should have that much control over our everyday lives and you swallow their well distributed rationale then Ba-a-a-a-a!
    And finally, if you cannot for the life of you understand that the government passing more laws is not going to affect or steer or even mildly persuade any sort of criminal into becoming an upstanding law abiding citizen... there’s no help for you.
    We do not need more laws for the reasons stated. The government WANTS more laws to control the law abiding masses and turn more people into criminals so they can have more control. Period. Done.

Last edited:

Boomer453

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2019
    Many, louisiana
    I think that if trump loses and possibly even if he wins that we'll see some type of registration.
    Slowly but surely popular opinion is being turned against us.
    Sad to say it but I'm not sure how we can stop it.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    PS- I have a little different perspective on illegal guns than some of you. The majority of firearms taken by myself off of criminals have been stolen, either from a car burglary or burglary of a home. I know that burglary is a crime but if people would just bring their firearms inside or at least lock them up in a vehicle and at home that would probably cut down on a lot of illegal firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So the majority of firearms you take off the street wouldn’t change with background checks.

Also I’ve never had a gun stolen but I’ll never blame a gun owner for being a victim of theft. Cars are stolen and often involved in fatal accidents....man only if every car owner had a lockable garage right.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So the majority of firearms you take off the street wouldn’t change with background checks.

Also I’ve never had a gun stolen but I’ll never blame a gun owner for being a victim of theft. Cars are stolen and often involved in fatal accidents....man only if every car owner had a lockable garage right.

I never blamed the gun owner but since you brought it up I’ll play. I think as a gun owner you are responsible to safeguard a deadly weapon. The whole “cars kill people” is really silly and does nothing to change the minds of opposite minded people. A firearm was designed with one reason in mind so let’s not compare apples to oranges. With that being said I am against a registry and I’m against banning firearms. I have my own ideas based on my personal experiences as I’m sure you do as well.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I think that if trump loses and possibly even if he wins that we'll see some type of registration.

I agree. Walking around with a camera and provoking people to call the police is not going to stop it I can guarantee.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Again, comparison schmarison, and all that...
    If anyone here truly believes that any babysitter for private gun sales will do anything to stop gun violence, fairy tales !
    If you think the government should have that much control over our everyday lives and you swallow their well distributed rationale then Ba-a-a-a-a!
    And finally, if you cannot for the life of you understand that the government passing more laws is going to affect or steer or even mildly persuade any sort of criminal into becoming an upstanding law abiding citizen... there’s no help for you.
    We do not need more laws for the reasons stated. The government WANTS more laws to control the law abiding masses and turn more people into criminals so they can have more control. Period. Done.

No one has suggested it will change a mindset but might put one more roadblock or hurdle to Jump through. I will never agree that every human being in the country should be allowed to have a firearm. Some people lose that right by the choices they make.

bigtattoo79

Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Sep 12, 2009
    LA
    I never blamed the gun owner but since you brought it up I’ll play. I think as a gun owner you are responsible to safeguard a deadly weapon. The whole “cars kill people” is really silly and does nothing to change the minds of opposite minded people. A firearm was designed with one reason in mind so let’s not compare apples to oranges. With that being said I am against a registry and I’m against banning firearms. I have my own ideas based on my personal experiences as I’m sure you do as well.

I don’t feel guns were designed for mass murder as I don’t feel cars were designed for fatal crashes but it’s definitely a byproduct that criminals are normally to blame.

If you ask a person that lost a child to a drunk driver in a stolen car they would feel one way about drunk drivers in stolen cars. Now ask a person that lost a child to a mass shooter that bought a firearm from a private seller they would feel one way about mass shooters and private sellers.

I agree with you on the fact that change is on the way.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    No more discussions about this topic. It has been decreed. I guess someone should close this thread before someone post something that someone else might not agree with.
    show us how more laws will make criminals into law abiding citizens instead of law abiding citizens into felons overnight and I’ll read every word. Explain how you can possibly keep every criminal/felon/mass killer/ from ever possibly obtaining a gun and I’m your audience. I will also profess to the masses that I know and respect you as the authority on the subject and swear that you have the answer to save us all.

:bowdown::bowdown::

So far, all I’m reading is we need new laws or they’re gonna pass new laws we’ll just have to accept. We should not resist. We should welcome more laws.
    My point throughout this thread, and the reason I brought up the war on drugs is really quite simple:
    We have enough laws and governance.
    Laws don’t affect the lawless.
    Criminals don’t care about abiding by law unless there’s some sort of enforcer present and many times not even then.
    The more new laws and infringements that are taken up keep bringing the law abiding public into play, to suffer for the actions of those who do not abide by law and still, nothing is fixed. Which should make everyone question, who are they after anyway?
    And check this out, when the government finally admits that maybe there’s a mental health problem in this country to blame for all the mass killing, they don’t lift a finger to try to fix that either, instead devise a plan to immediately label someone as mentally ill (on a tip from a lay person at that!)so they can enforce new laws that strip them of their constitutional rights such as DUE PROCESS and the guarantee of innocence until guilt is proven. Never mind that every law abiding citizen in this country could potentially be disarmed in this manner.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I never blamed the gun owner but since you brought it up I’ll play. I think as a gun owner you are responsible to safeguard a deadly weapon. The whole *cars kill people* is really silly and does nothing to change the minds of opposite minded people. A firearm was designed with one reason in mind so let’s not compare apples to oranges. With that being said I am against a registry and I’m against banning firearms. I have my own ideas based on my personal experiences as I’m sure you do as well.

So a car isn’t a deadly weapon? It’s not apples and oranges because both inanimate objects can be stolen and both can be used in crimes, and both can be used for murder. However, it is easier to catch a car thief in the act or with the goods. What about reasonable heavy blunt objects laws? Or common sense knife control?

Yes they all sound ridiculous but I believe even in America where we have as the left says ‘a gun epidemic’ those are all weapons that are used if I remember the stats correctly more frequently used than guns in crimes. Please feel free to combat me with the stats if I’m wrong.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    So a car isn’t a deadly weapon? It’s not apples and oranges because both inanimate objects can be stolen and both can be used in crimes, and both can be used for murder. However, it is easier to catch a car thief in the act or with the goods. What about reasonable heavy blunt objects laws? Or common sense knife control?

Yes they all sound ridiculous but I believe even in America where we have as the left says ‘a gun epidemic’ those are all weapons that are used if I remember the stats correctly more frequently used than guns in crimes. Please feel free to combat me with the stats if I’m wrong.

Apples and oranges in its intended uses by design.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    A baseball bat is the evolution of thousands of years of design and intent changes. Originally a giant club was used to bludgeon victims.

That’s quite the stretch. A gun was designed for the sole purpose of killing things wether it’s animals or humans. I have made my simple suggestions and that’s all I can do. A change is in our future wether we like it or not so let’s just hope it’s not an extreme change.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That’s quite the stretch. A gun was designed for the sole purpose of killing things wether it’s animals or humans. I have made my simple suggestions and that’s all I can do. A change is in our future wether we like it or not so let’s just hope it’s not an extreme change.

Yeah it was.

The deal is we have to make sure Bubba knows he ain’t getting in our ass without a fight.

Call and and write your Congressman. Start a petition on WhiteHouse.com. I would say keep contributing to the NRA but they are a joke.

We don’t just huddle up and try to figure out how painless we can make our prison rape experience, we figure out how to stop the raping.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

The reason why everything you've said is most likely correct is, facts don't matter! Sadly also, no one seems to care. In this country you have a so called, "mainstream" media that is, and has been an active arm of the DNC for decades. Those who believe this trend is fairly recent, is either stupid or lying. These co-conspirators in the media are symbiotic with whatever the democrats want. In the end game, democrats want an unarmed populace, so the media pushes that narrative ever so discreetly by over-reporting, and harping on the events and objects that will garner the most emotional support. Quickly, this is why they are soulless and I would say a completely evil lot. If their aim was sincere, Chicago's shootings and murders would lead the national news every night until something was done. Clearly they (the media, and democrats), don't give a rat's ass about the blacks in Chicago.

This will be jammed up the American people's asses because to democrats, civil liberties and the Constitutional Rights are ideals from the past that are an inconvenience now. That is unless they need to hide behind them. They are convincing lesser educated people, along with those that can't and don't comprehend history, as well as feeding their lemmings a constant diet of BS. None of these groups of people know what is in store for a country that suspends it's Constitutional Rights for emotions. But they will wake up one day on the spit themselves. When you eat everything in your way, you are left only to eat your own in the end.

I agree with Motor, some people should not have guns! But I believe some people shouldn't be allowed to vote!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    The reason why everything you've said is most likely correct is, facts don't matter! Sadly also, no one seems to care. In this country you have a so called, "mainstream" media that is, and has been an active arm of the DNC for decades. Those who believe this trend is fairly recent, is either stupid or lying. These co-conspirators in the media are symbiotic with whatever the democrats want. In the end game, democrats want an unarmed populace, so the media pushes that narrative ever so discreetly by over-reporting, and harping on the events and objects that will garner the most emotional support. Quickly, this is why they are soulless and I would say a completely evil lot. If their aim was sincere, Chicago's shootings and murders would lead the national news every night until something was done. Clearly they (the media, and democrats), don't give a rat's ass about the blacks in Chicago.

This will be jammed up the American people's asses because to democrats, civil liberties and the Constitutional Rights are ideals from the past that are an inconvenience now. That is unless they need to hide behind them. They are convincing lesser educated people, along with those that can't and don't comprehend history, as well as feeding their lemmings a constant diet of BS. None of these groups of people know what is in store for a country that suspends it's Constitutional Rights for emotions. But they will wake up one day on the spit themselves. When you eat everything in your way, you are left only to eat your own in the end.

I agree with Motor, some people should not have guns! But I believe some people shouldn't be allowed to vote!

100% with you on the voting as well. The people we are referring to didn’t just make a minor mistake that should be forgiven. But I also think you should have to own property to vote on at least some issues. How in the hell can you vote on raising property taxes when you don’t own property

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    100% with you on the voting as well. The people we are referring to didn’t just make a minor mistake that should be forgiven. But I also think you should have to own property to vote on at least some issues. How in the hell can you vote on raising property taxes when you don’t own property

I share y’all views on voting to some degree productive members of society should vote. It was that way at our founding. At our founding taxes were on property, so property ownership was required. Being a member of the bucket burgade was required and so was agreeing to serve your country if required of you. This notion that anyone and everyone has the right to vote is not the founders legacy.

Top Bottom