Boomers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Educate me on the term "Baby boomer" and those affiliated with said term. What does it mean? What are baby boomers? Describe the effects of boomers' actions on modern society. All posts welcomed. Lets get raunchy sweet boys.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    Baby boomers (also known as boomers) are the demographic cohort following the Silent Generation and preceding Generation X. The Baby Boom generation is most often defined as those individuals born between 1943 and 1960.[1]

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Is this a rhetorical question? To be a baby boomer, one must have been born during a baby boom. The great baby boom here in the US refers to the post WWII years up until like the early 60’s I guess, when record numbers of babies were not only born, but also survived into adulthood. Generally horny post depression times, growing economy, better living conditions, healthcare, etc., all lended to this. I guess the term ‘baby boomer’ could be slang for the product of a population explosion. I can’t say I’ve ever heard of anyone that wasn’t familiar with the term. No biggie tho, my wife had no idea what minage a trois meant...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baby_boom

Here, I found this for you.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Boomers typically think the M14/M1A is a quality service rifle.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Boomers typically think the M14/M1A is a quality service rifle.

Thats why they have all those kewl tactiawesome stocks for them. Haha

ba37f42e3ee5a8c3516f0577c7ed1c712e8ce897e510169e09d89240b33ed258_1.jpg

Last edited:

Trailboss

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 2, 2013
    Norwood LA
    Hoot to Shoot does not equal a quality service rifle.

Thousands of dead Germans and Japanese would argue otherwise about the M1's quality. Don't know the current use, but the M14 (what I consider the improved M1) was pressed back into service during the 1st Gulf war when the M16/M4 was found lacking in certain scenarios.

They are still quality service rifles, just not the optimum for current urban battle conditions and ammo logistics. Even the M16 has mostly been replaced by the M4, and the M4 will eventually be replaced by a new weapon system. They will all still remain quality service rifles.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Thousands of dead Germans and Japanese would argue otherwise about the M1's quality. Don't know the current use, but the M14 (what I consider the improved M1) was pressed back into service during the 1st Gulf war when the M16/M4 was found lacking in certain scenarios.

They are still quality service rifles, just not the optimum for current urban battle conditions and ammo logistics. Even the M16 has mostly been replaced by the M4, and the M4 will eventually be replaced by a new weapon system. They will all still remain quality service rifles.

The next boomer has been found.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    What the 'younger generation' doesn't understand is that the Baby Boomers created or invented most of the things they enjoy today...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom