2016 Fitness Goals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    My fitness goal is to be in better shape than this guy ^^ :mamoru:

But in reality, I am at 170ish right now and want to drop (quickly) down to 160. After that I want to muscle back up to 175. I also have a few athletic goals:

Olympic Lifts (mid-year goal):
    Squat: 375
    Front Squat: 315
    Bench: 340
    Clean: 255
    Snatch: 190

2 miles: 13 minutes
    15 Double Unders Linked
    50 Pullups Straight

I'll check back in around June and see where I'm at!

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    But in reality, I am at 170ish right now and want to drop (quickly) down to 160. After that I want to muscle back up to 175. I also have a few athletic goals:

Olympic Lifts (mid-year goal):
    Squat: 375
    Front Squat: 315
    Bench: 340
    Clean: 255
    Snatch: 190

2 miles: 13 minutes
    15 Double Unders Linked
    50 Pullups Straight

I'll check back in around June and see where I'm at!

Those are elite lifts. I'd like to see that being done.

No homo

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah do that. I'm about your size and always thought myself fairly strong but elite was always beyond my grasp.
    Crossfit did it for me. People said I couldn't, so I proved them wrong.

--Sent From My Galaxy S6

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    I warned one of my coworkers about jumping into crossfit full-bore at his age. He's 45 and I'm 43. Long story short, in the two months he's been doing it, he's managed to injure his knee and throw out his back. In other words, I doubt he managed to get more than three exercise sessions in over the course of two months.

Granted, I can understand his mentality. When I started over with just the bar in November, it was a humbling experience compared to what I used to lift. Of course, I had the displeasure of injuring myself early on in 2015, so I understood the importance of starting from scratch and building up slowly. I just wish my coworker had listened to me instead of pulling this macho routine by saying "last year I was lifting..." Of course, he hadn't set foot in a gym in over a year either when he began his crossfit routine.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I warned one of my coworkers about jumping into crossfit full-bore at his age. He's 45 and I'm 43. Long story short, in the two months he's been doing it, he's managed to injure his knee and throw out his back. In other words, I doubt he managed to get more than three exercise sessions in over the course of two months.

Granted, I can understand his mentality. When I started over with just the bar in November, it was a humbling experience compared to what I used to lift. Of course, I had the displeasure of injuring myself early on in 2015, so I understood the importance of starting from scratch and building up slowly. I just wish my coworker had listened to me instead of pulling this macho routine by saying "last year I was lifting..." Of course, he hadn't set foot in a gym in over a year either when he began his crossfit routine.
    I agree. Jumping into anything and going hard isn't safe. At my gym they won't let new people jump in and do anything to hurt themselves. Crossfit definitely isn't for everyone, but for those who can do it safely, it's a great sport and a great way to progress athletically.

--Sent From My Galaxy S6

Bookum

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Clinton La.
    In June 2015 I had gastric sleeve weight loss surgery preformed. Day of surgery 38 years old 6 foot and 335 pound truck driver. I was on a downward path, gaining 5 to 10 pounds a year. The truck stops are trying to kill us out here. No healthy options in sight, eveything fryed or pizza. No soda, no bread, very little cards for 7 months now. I'm weighing 223 today I eat less then 800 calories a day. Lots of fruit, nuts and protine. (Fish and tuna) Was wearing size 42 pants now in a 34. I walking and running when I can make time.
    Everyone keep up the good work in 2016.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La

I was up around 315 and I started exercizing some self control and got down to 280. I started Crossfit at 47 years old. i dropped to 205 size (54 to 40) and could do things I never thought possible and I am 50 now. Crossfit is scalable for any age/condition. No one expects you to do all that right off the bat. We have a 72 yo man at our gym crossfitting 3x a week at 6:30am

I have slacked off and gained some but I will be back at it when i get back from Florida next week.

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I guess I should post goals.

400lb BS (currently ~325 but I've done 385)
    500lb DL (currently 455)
    220 snatch, 264 clean and jerk
    Muscle up

Started a new diet plan last year, it's been absolutely fantastic.

Also, crossfit will injure you if you let it. So will walking down a flight of stairs.

I was 340 when I started. Got down to 170. Currently sitting around 188.

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Has anyone noticed the resolutioners starting to die off yet? I noticed it this week at my local Anytime Fitness. They are already dropping like flies!

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I guess I should post goals.

400lb BS (currently ~325 but I've done 385)
    500lb DL (currently 455)
    220 snatch, 264 clean and jerk
    Muscle up

Started a new diet plan last year, it's been absolutely fantastic.

Also, crossfit will injure you if you let it. So will walking down a flight of stairs.

I was 340 when I started. Got down to 170. Currently sitting around 188.
    I can't believe you can't do a muscle up yet you can snatch over 200. I can link quite a few muscle ups, but can barely get a 170 snatch...

--Sent From My Galaxy S6

Top Bottom