82yr old sets self on fire for being evicted

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Untill you have walked a mile in someones shoes you have no idea as to what demons(mental) or other problems they be dealing with before and during this eviction process. ....................................................... drill sgt.
    Sad, very sad.
    We also have no back story for what tipped him over the edge.
    Could be anything.
    Facts are for many, rise in food cost, insurance (home, flood, car, health-plus copay and drug,) basic utilities. And if he owned the place add in property taxes.
    Lots of old are more short of just making it as Bidenomics goes on.
    If on fixed income you could be put out of a home you owned your whole adult life.
    The city or parish could put you ouy if taxes are not paid or loss of utility's.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    all of that is assuming yall know all sides of the story... who knows the LE might have been there illegally or unlawfully and forcefully removing him from his home and he was defending his sick wife and his self... stranger things have happened..

but i agree, lighting myself up would never cross my mind...

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    all of that is assuming yall know all sides of the story... who knows the LE might have been there illegally or unlawfully and forcefully removing him from his home and he was defending his sick wife and his self... stranger things have happened..

but i agree, lighting myself up would never cross my mind...
    So if they were there illegally and unlawfully and forcefully removing him (which none of the article supports), then you condone him trying to murder them ?

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying is ok.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    So if they were there illegally and unlawfully and forcefully removing him (which none of the article supports), then you condone him trying to murder them ?

I want to make sure I understand what you are saying is ok.
    i condone in my life and my family's life trumps everybody else's life.. is that clear lol :hi5: and most times you dont see what the article supports till months or years later.. heck we just finding out that the capitol police were giving the "JAN 6 BOYS" tours of the place, and opening all the doors to them when they said they were being held hostage and were breaking in.... lol

remember waco, ruby ridge, ect lol all of those were 100% legal right

how many times have we seen swat or LE break into the wrong house at 2am with a no knock warrant and got into a bad situation with even the address checked and signed by judge so all checks and balances approved and still wrong... Just because they are there doesn't mean everything is legit.

i just watched the video again, he never threw the can at the cop, he merely splashed a little towards here and if i had to guess in an attempt to tell her to get back im bout to light this thing .. it didnt even hit her... far from the crys of assault..

i just put my self in his situation, 82 years old, in MY HOUSE, with my wife who is disabled with Parkinson’s disease, and somebody, anybody telling me i have to leave every thing i own to my name and go to the streets.... naaa aint happening..

But it still done equal to me setting myself on fire... Im like BOLT HEAD .. if that happened i didnt do it lol... I couldnt imagine doing that.. But the fella has the right to set himself on fire if he wants... sad as it is, he broke no laws in doing that

Last edited:

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    You and I just differ here. I cannot see taking a human life because I am being evicted. This shows how little human life matters in todays society, and how dummed down to violence we are.

"he merely splashed a little towards her" is totally minimizing this man. Come on. He threw GASOLINE at her and lit it moments later. You cant be pissed they spun the Jan6 event and made them seem worse then they were, then spin this to make it seem like just splashing gas on people is ok.

These two cops didnt make the choice to randomly stop at a house in a neighborhood and tell the people to get out. This took significant time to evolve to this and multiple courts or judges intervened. Should they all be murdered with gasoline also ?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    who knows how much time it took.. with current red flag laws and others they can bypass all your rights for our own saftey come in your house and take your stuff and lock you up for mental evaluation ..

and he didnt take nobodys life but his own...

again i dont know all the details as you dont either...

but i will agree with you on this one thing, we disagree lol :hi5: maybe we can be on the same team on the next one.. i dont like being alone :wtc:

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    267   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I tried to read all of the posts, but all I could think about was that part in the original crow movie where the gang bangers are setting fires and that one dude is yelling " fire it up, fire it up!" Had i been there i may have had to quote him...

Yeah, I know, I'm going to hell. Ill be in good company...

Eta, I watched the vid and read the synopsis

Likely the bank taking the house, and the old dude was not happy. So he fired it up, and himself too... sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Not cool trying to burn the cops as well, they are just doing their job.

Top Bottom