Advice on how to handle internet fraud

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    Weeks ago I ordered a part for a firearm. Paid by debit card. Waited and waited. Never came. I emailed business. Received email stating it had been sent USPS, first class. They replied, said they sent another part, via USPS again. It has never arrived. They do not have a tel. # to call, only email. There address is listed in Hialeah, Fla., with a suite nnumber???

Is there anything I can do? The sale was for $24 but I needed the part. They state they do not give refunds. Sounds like I am being scammed.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Not sure if this is a scam, but I do know that almost every time a scam or ripoff is exposed, it originated in Fla. IIRC, it has something to do with extremely lax/nonexistent state laws regarding the prosecution of the scammers.:( Hope it works out, and on the bright side, at least it was only $24. I know a guy who was ripped off on a transaction for a $170,000 Lamborghini by a seller in Fla.:eek::mad:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Was it an internet site ? Got a link ? I remember there was a place in Florida that people were complaining about . Can't remember the name though .

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    I remember back in the pre-ban days , that is , before I got banned from ARFCOM , there was thread where people were ripping them a new ass .

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Write a letter to the Hialeah, Fla DA's office, or the attorney general of Florida, requesting the arrest of the owner of the company for fraud. You can usually get the name of the owner from the secretary of state's office if they're incorporated. Mail a copy of the letter to the company but sit on the original for two weeks and see if you get a response.
    If you don't get a response you can call the FBI for mail fraud or the secret service for credit card fraud. Secret Service helped me out on a credit card fraud problem a few years back and I was amazed at how quickly they got results.

Also, your credit card fraud team may be able to reverse the charges off your bill...

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    You can get them for Mail Fraud. Call up the post office and tell them someone you purchased parts from is claiming to send them through USPS and they are not showing up. When someone tries to use USPS as a cover for a fraud, trust me, they have a tendency to get hopping. Seen it happen before with a scammer in Florida claiming to have sent parts via USPS.

Top Bottom