Age requirement?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Just wondering if anyone happens to know if it would be possible to take a CCW course when you're 20 and then not have to when you apply for the permit when you turn 21.

It's not that big of a deal, but my birthday falls right in the middle of a semester and it'd be a whole lot more convenient to knock out the course during the break before that.

:)

Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Just wondering if anyone happens to know if it would be possible to take a CCW course when you're 20 and then not have to when you apply for the permit when you turn 21.

It's not that big of a deal, but my birthday falls right in the middle of a semester and it'd be a whole lot more convenient to knock out the course during the break before that.

:)

Your CCW training certificate is good for 6 months after completion, after 6 months it expires and you will have to take the course over again. If you take the course now and you have 6 months to turn 21 and submit your completed CCW application.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Your CCW training certificate is good for 6 months after completion, after 6 months it expires and you will have to take the course over again. If you take the course now and you have 6 months to turn 21 and submit your completed CCW application.

Actually your training certificate is only good for six months if you are applying for a renewal permit.

Based on the most recent info provided by LSP to Concealed Handgun Instructors, your certificate has no "expiration date" if you are applying in Louisiana for the first time.

Tantrix

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Pineville, Louisiana
    Actually your training certificate is only good for six months if you are applying for a renewal permit.

Based on the most recent info provided by LSP to Concealed Handgun Instructors, your certificate has no "expiration date" if you are applying in Louisiana for the first time.

You might be right on that, I know for sure about the 6 month one but if it has no expiration date for first time applicants that is awesome.

At 21 I got a 2 year permit my first time then at 23 I renewed and got a 4 year.

Damn that reminds me...I have to renew mine again next year. :eek3:

Top Bottom