AK or AR shotgun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beauxdog

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    How about a Rock Island VR-80 Semi-Auto shotgun, based on the AR type platform. We get them in 12 & 20 gauge. We never had a problem with them and you can get 18 round mags for them. They come with flip up sights and are equipped with picatinny rails for mounting a red-dot. The stock is attached the same as any AR and you can swap them out to fit your style. They have many aftermarket parts available for these guns. Come by Louisiana Gun and we can show you one.

Bryan
    Louisiana Gun

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    Shotgun shells are plastic and can start to deform if left loaded in a stacked magazine... Oval shells don't feed very well.
    The Soviets solved that issue with fully brass shells but I've never seen them for sale in the US.
    If you don't plan to leave the mags loaded this is not an issue.
    Either way though, the correct answer is 1301T.
    If you can find them in stock. You can reload them. These take a 10 guage wad
    0277f6c29eabcd8c088898b9919a98b4.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

new_bayu_shooter

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 7, 2021
    New Orleans, LA
    Not a fan of magazine fed shotguns really. I’d only get one as a fun gun and I don’t purchase guns solely for fun. Each has a POU purpose or roll it would fill. Only one that caught my eye was the Komard might want to look into that.

KingWhoDat

Who Dat ?!
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    May 8, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Been looking at a new shotgun Have a double barrel but want a new auto looking at some of the military style guns what is your choice and why.

A few things first, what’s your budget and what are you planning to use it for?

I mean I can sit here and recommend the Benelli M4 all day but I don’t have the money for a $2,000 shotgun and that makes it a silly recommendation for me.

Marmoset54

Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Jan 23, 2021
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I don’t think anyone has mentioned this (didn’t look at page 2), but check out the Tavor TS12. 5 chambers. 15 rounds (17 if loaded and you know the trick). Semi automatic. Compact. Israeli greatness.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Shotgun shells are plastic and can start to deform if left loaded in a stacked magazine... Oval shells don't feed very well.
    The Soviets solved that issue with fully brass shells but I've never seen them for sale in the US.
    If you don't plan to leave the mags loaded this is not an issue.
    Either way though, the correct answer is 1301T.
    I don’t think that’s an issue at all with a 5 round magazine and probably not even with a 10 rd magazine. I used to have a bullpup 12g that took detachable magazines. I kept the 5rd mags loaded the entire length of time I had it and noticed no deformation of the shells. Some people say the same with tube fed shotguns and recommend downloading them by 1 shell. This is also something I’ve never personally witnessed deform a shell in anyway.

Lost Bayou

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    I’m a 1301 Tactical guy. This is mine. Super fun, super fast and super reliable. 8+1 with extended tube then you ghost load one more. That’s a lot of firepower.

Attachments

• 65DE7E97-59BE-4450-8E26-5850038CCA18.jpeg
      65DE7E97-59BE-4450-8E26-5850038CCA18.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 124
    • 025BAB64-0F3D-44D0-9098-C7FA29950ED9.jpeg
      025BAB64-0F3D-44D0-9098-C7FA29950ED9.jpeg
      1 MB · Views: 120

Tenax

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    I owned a Saiga 12 for a couple of years. It was very fast. I could push 20 rounds of 00 Buck downrange in less than 3 seconds, but it was finicky, which means it was unreliable. I spent a lot of time and ammo trying to resolve intermittent issues with drum magazines. In the end it was not a gun that I would grab in an emergency. I don't presently own any unreliable guns. I've got Beretta's now. They run flawlessly.

duckboya5

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2023
    St. Bernard Parish
    I have one of the Lynx-12 AK style shotguns that was purchased simply because they went down to like $275 and I thought they looked cool and thought why not? Honestly, to me it's been just a range toy that I don't even shoot much. About the gun, it is magazine fed and I have zero problems shooting and cycling anything from it. The adjustable gas system was easy to set and fool proof. I really can not find one complaint about the operation of the shotgun and it did shoot point of aim. The one big complaint I do have is that the comb was painfully high and I had to forcefully press my face down onto the stock to align the front sight bead in the rear sight "U" notch. So much so that I was inclined to shoot it with a more comfortable cheek weld and let the front sight bead ride high. The gun however ran without a hiccup. Definitely has wow factor at the range for blasting buckshot and birdshot. Then after a little bit of that I was just like o.k.......what now? A great range toy? Absolutely. Home defense?? It would do the trick, but I'd prefer the guaranteed reliability of a pump. In the 200 price range you can play around with it without breaking the bank.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    John1994
    Top Bottom