Ammo Prices

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • john17427

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    The price of good self defense ammo only went up a little since 2020. It's the FMJ range stuff that went way up. I don't think we will see the days of .17 per round again. Raw materials have increased considerable and even with more production demand is so high with all the new gun owners.

This. I also don’t think that people viscerally or cognitively connect rampant inflation to the fact they can’t afford to buy things they could before. Thats what the democrats are counting on In all this. I feel pain, but I don’t understand where it’s coming from. Certainly, extremely high demand is a major factor in this as well, but the plan is to boil people slowly and they will just sit there. Like the old adage, you raise the heat on the frogs and they’ll sit there and boil to death. And they’ll keep voting to raise the heat.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    This. I also don’t think that people viscerally or cognitively connect rampant inflation to the fact they can’t afford to buy things they could before. Thats what the democrats are counting on In all this. I feel pain, but I don’t understand where it’s coming from. Certainly, extremely high demand is a major factor in this as well, but the plan is to boil people slowly and they will just sit there. Like the old adage, you raise the heat on the frogs and they’ll sit there and boil to death. And they’ll keep voting to raise the heat.
    Yep. It is like a gun lover who votes democrat. I tried explaining this to a liberal the other night at the range. It was like talking to a wall. They were clueless as to the fact that Democrats are after what they love. Just as long as the free $&@# keeps coming in for them.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    The price of good self defense ammo only went up a little since 2020. It's the FMJ range stuff that went way up. I don't think we will see the days of .17 per round again. Raw materials have increased considerable and even with more production demand is so high with all the new gun owners.

I would say .35/round OTD is about the going rate right now for brass FMJ. Maybe will get to .25/round one day

50 rounds of 9mm HST at Bass Pro is currently in the $90 range OTD and 50 rounds of 9mm FMJ is in the $28 range OTD.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Which comes out to a lot less than $90. Most online stores don’t charge state tax.

My Quote was only for the high prices at Bass Pro. Some now collect Louisiana sales tax.
    I look at ammunition prices for my pistols daily.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    My Quote was only for the high prices at Bass Pro. Some now collect Louisiana sales tax.
    I look at ammunition prices for my pistols daily.
    I look at ammo prices almost daily.
    Just recently I bought two 50rd boxes of 124gr +p hst for $91.98. For today’s market that’s not bad for 100 rounds of hst. It’s not that hard at all to find affordable ( in today’s market) ammo and fair shipping/ tax if any.
    Use websites like ammo buy or ammo seek and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I look at ammo prices almost daily.
    Just recently I bought two 50rd boxes of 124gr +p hst for $91.98. For today’s market that’s not bad for 100 rounds of hst. It’s not that hard at all to find affordable ( in today’s market) ammo and fair shipping/ tax if any.
    Use websites like ammo buy or ammo seek and you’ll see what I’m talking about.

I have a few and if you were close to me I could have saved you $12.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I have a few and if you were close to me I could have saved you $12.
    That would have been nice and I probably would have taken you up on it but unfortunately as expensive as gas is now it would probably cost me just as much for the drive from the New Orleans area.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Academy is running 10% off everything in the store including guns and ammo for military and first responders until July 4th.
    All you need is some form of proof. I’ve been using my driver’s license that has my veteran status below my picture.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Academy is running 10% off everything in the store including guns and ammo for military and first responders until July 4th.
    All you need is some form of proof. I’ve been using my driver’s license that has my veteran status below my picture.

Still about $20 per 50 rounds of 9mm American Eagle OTD.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    What is their limit on ammunition?
    I believe they still have signs saying 4 box limits including bulk boxes. The shelves were slapped full when I stopped in today in Gretna. It may be different depending on store but I don’t think most are too strict on the limits as long as your not rolling an entire shopping cart up. In the past I’ve purchased 6-8 boxes of various brands and nobody said a word about it.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So... ammo prices? Suggestions? buy now? wait?
    Yeah, if there was any ammo I felt short on I would definitely shop around and buy now. There’s a storm brewing and I can promise you one thing. Whatever slow moment or lull anyone thinks has occurred in the way of gun related and ammo sales has officially just ended. In my lifetime I’ve seen major pumps a couple of times and we would go back to decent prices and stores. In my opinion we have never fully recovered from the Obama era. IF things EVER get to pre Obama status, it will be several years. But I’m not expecting they will.

Fugum

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 8, 2015
    Metairie
    Yeah, if there was any ammo I felt short on I would definitely shop around and buy now. There’s a storm brewing and I can promise you one thing. Whatever slow moment or lull anyone thinks has occurred in the way of gun related and ammo sales has officially just ended. In my lifetime I’ve seen major pumps a couple of times and we would go back to decent prices and stores. In my opinion we have never fully recovered from the Obama era. IF things EVER get to pre Obama status, it will be several years. But I’m not expecting they will.
    I wonder what amount of rounds most people would feel they were running low? I start getting nervous if I drop below 5k on anything I shoot regularly. I haven't had to purchase very much during the Covid, BLM riots, and Biden catastrophes the past couple of years due to pre-planning. I've been around a few years, and I don't recall any gun/ammo scares as bad as it's been lately, and I don't expect it to get better anytime soon.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I picked up a few boxes from Natchez for $16 a box shipped (9mm fmj pmc...). It'll hold me for now. It's not like I'm shooting much these days... I don't have as much as I'd like in 9mm. I keep waiting for the price to go back down. Maybe after November?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I have enough quality 9mm to load at least 800 G19 magazines but it was all purchased after the prices increased and my shooting decreased.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I picked up a few boxes from Natchez for $16 a box shipped (9mm fmj pmc...). It'll hold me for now. It's not like I'm shooting much these days... I don't have as much as I'd like in 9mm. I keep waiting for the price to go back down. Maybe after November?
    November is extremely optimistic. Prices won’t go back to where they once were. Factor in the current administration, inflation, and gas prices were lucky they are where they are currently. $15 will be the new norm for a box of 9mm. Hopefully I’m wrong

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom