Any bourbon drinkers here

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knitefall

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    Try some non-run of the mill, Bushmills, Glenfiddich, Kilburn, Odessa Brandy for a cozy Christmas etc.. even Dewar line or Ardbeg

Saint Peter

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    morgan city, la
    I go to hokus pokus in Alexandria if you go to the others their store picks have always been nice to get
    never got one i didnt like but wished bought a second of quite a few though

SouthernInsanity

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 31, 2018
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I go to hokus pokus in Alexandria if you go to the others their store picks have always been nice to get
    never got one i didnt like but wished bought a second of quite a few though
    They converted a dollar store or something like that here in Praireville and got out of a strip mall location. Very nice on the inside and 5mins away, LOL.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    A buddy three doors down from me retired from our agency in '20, and ever since we've been getting together fairly regularly (we try once a month but sometimes it skips) to try new bourbons. We alternate who buys and whose back porch we sit on. We started out trying to keep our own tasting notes, but being unsophisticated and not generally familiar with the professionally recognized terms, we've just reduced to keeping a list of brand and proof.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Big fan of dark liquors. I've probably got around 80 bottles of bourbon/scotch/whiskey, with a few bottles of cognac, vodka, rum, and what not on the side.

I keep it in a bar cart and a bar cabinet.

Blanton's is good, but is overrated for a $60 spirit.

Lately I've been drinking Angel's Envy or Woodford Double Oaked, but I mix it up.

andmess14

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 22, 2016
    Houma, LA
    Me
    My favorites are wheated bourbons (wellers and rebel 100) and port barrel finished bourbons.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Blanton's is good, but is overrated for a $60 spirit.

Definitely agree with you there… it’s good, but not THAT good. Eagle Rare is a really nice bottle, lives about halfway between Buffalo Trace and Blanton’s. All three come from the same distillery.

I’ve been doing some experimenting since BT’s been hard to find. Larceny is a heck of a bottle nobody’s mentioned yet. My surprising new favorite and regular pickup is Jim Beam Double Oak (navy blue label). I’m wrestling with trying to be a bougie princess and liking an $18 bottle, but that’s between me and my demons.

Kdjohn1

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    St. Francisville
    Y’all spending too much money for my tastes.
    I drink too much to buy anything but handles of Ezra Brooks and liters of Martini and Rossi sweet vermouth.
    Tried the Noilly Prat vermouth. It sucks.
    Ezra is cheap, but I’ve tried a lot of expensive bourbons over the past thirty odd years, and I seem to like Ezra the best. Plus, it’s got that cool cork.

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    I have been on the look out for Weller 12 for years and can't find it anywhere. I hear it's amazing

Weller-12-Profile-Gear-Patrol-Trio.jpg

SouthernInsanity

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 31, 2018
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I guess I'm just off my rocker because i can't handle much, unless it's mixed with a little coke. And not the buggar sugar coke!

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    I guess I'm just off my rocker because i can't handle much, unless it's mixed with a little coke. And not the buggar sugar coke!
    It's your yak, drink it how you want.

I did have a bartender tell me "I don't need any training wheels" when I asked for salt and lemon wedge to go with the shots of tequila I'd just ordered for her and I.

swampglockman

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    Denham Springs
    I'm a Jim Beam fan. Just tried Devil's cut by Beam enjoyed. Also got some Evan Williams last weekend it's pretty nice as well. I'm not really big on flavors but know some that do. When I get the rare craving for a flavor around holidays I tend to go with Crown which is a Canadian as I am sure we all know. Few years back was big on Gentleman Jack and their single BBL (although Jack Doesn't technically meet requirements as a Bourbon). If anyone has some recommendations for a relatively affordable Bourbon hit me up. Best regards.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    No, not hard core everyday type, just the casual chillin or social type? What's your favorite and how do you keep your bourbon? Nice cart, cabinet, etc..
    Keep a case of Old Crow in my hutch. 750ml glass bottles. Lately they have been only selling the half gallon plastic bottles at my location and I do not drink the plastic bottles has a bad taste and probably chemicals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markvix
    Top Bottom