Any Class III dealers/vendors willing to hold suppressor

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Girouard

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    I have a couple of suppressors on layaway and, in the mean time, I’m getting my paperwork straight. I’m going to have to find someone in the Baton Rouge area to hold them until the paperwork clears.

Any suggestions?

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    I have a couple of suppressors on layaway and, in the mean time, I’m getting my paperwork straight. I’m going to have to find someone in the Baton Rouge area to hold them until the paperwork clears.

Any suggestions?

You will need to elaborate further with what you mean by “suppressors on layaway” and “paperwork straight”. Let me help:

-where did you buy the suppressors from?
    -who is the transferee on the forms?
    -what paperwork are you talking about? SOT? It’s effective the moment they cash your check.

Cans are not something that can be “held”. Even with an FFL/SOT you need to have an approved form to possess them.

Since it seems you don’t know much about the NFA side I recommend you call Brandon Gotterbarm at Allen Arms Tactical (the banner at the top of the forum) and he will explain everything to you patiently. Don’t worry if you need to ask the same question a dozen times, that’s what he’s there for. If you can’t get to him during the day hit me up and I’ll give you his cell and you can call him in the evening.

Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Girouard

Don't tread on me
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 23, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    You will need to elaborate further with what you mean by *suppressors on layaway* and *paperwork straight*. Let me help:

-where did you buy the suppressors from?
    -who is the transferee on the forms?
    -what paperwork are you talking about? SOT? It’s effective the moment they cash your check.

Cans are not something that can be *held*. Even with an FFL/SOT you need to have an approved form to possess them.

Since it seems you don’t know much about the NFA side I recommend you call Brandon Gotterbarm at Allen Arms Tactical (the banner at the top of the forum) and he will explain everything to you patiently. Don’t worry if you need to ask the same question a dozen times, that’s what he’s there for. If you can’t get to him during the day hit me up and I’ll give you his cell and you can call him in the evening.

Best of luck!

You’d be correct in assuming my ignorance to this process!!

3F186742-ADB7-4DBA-8C6D-CB31B3B4B8D2.jpg

Last edited:

meplatgroup

Louisiana's #1 NFA Dealer
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Metairie, La.
    You’d be correct in assuming my ignorance to this process!!

View attachment 105833

OK, little explanation on the bizarre tone of my earlier post. I’ve got a head cold and was looking at what I thought was the FFL forum I am part of on Tapatalk. Somehow, I thought this thread was there and that you were a new FFL posting what would have been an extremely bizarre question even for a newb FFL.

I didn’t realize this until you emailed me a few minutes ago and I saw Bayoushooter on the email and thought, “Oh, crap!”

So a thousand apologies because that isn’t how I would normally talk to a first time can buyer.

We can help you with everything you need—-pics, prints, trust, drafting all the forms. All at one spot in house. Please call my assistant Shaina tomorrow and she will be happy to make you an appointment.

Sorry about the mixup. I need to pay more attention when I’m using Tapatalk.

Top Bottom