Anyone use Mantis X3?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Anyone have any experience with the Mantis X3?

If you're looking for a "Dryfire" system, Mantis is more for collecting data about your mechanics. You can search here to find Dryfire information... but for me, Mantis can't tell me much more than placing a nickel on my slide and try to not make it fall off.

If you want a useful dryfire system, go with iTarget (discount on the ammo if you're a USCCA Member) or something like that. App on the phone will look at a target on the wall and register your hits from laser ammo. If you want to get really fancy, download ShootOFF (free open source software) and get a screen, projector, camera, laser ammo and have your own shoothouse in your garage using your laptop or PC. There are also things like the "LaserPETII" that is a smalll phone-sized self-contained unit.

I have been using dryfire systems since before they were so available as they are today and came in a self-contained briefcase that attached to your laptop. Now with everything available for the phones, tablets, etc., you can do the same with a much smaller footprint.

I hope it helps.

Mr. 4rd

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2021
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a Mantis X3. Where it really comes into it's real benefit is live fire. You will get a graft of your gun movement for each shot. There are 3 different types of Mantis X. There's an X (dry fire only) and X3 or X10. Both can be used in dry fire or live fire. I find the live fire sessions are really telling when working on trigger control.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom