Anyone using a Shortened Rem 1100??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I've always loved the 870, and it's compactness has been praised as being one of the best home defense shottys.

Personally, I've got a sweet spot for the 1100. I got one when I was 14, but unfortunately it's got a 30" full choke barrel and wood furniture. If the SHTF, I don't want to be worrying about pumping a gun - I just want to know that the gun will shoot every time I pull the bang lever.

I'm just curious as to what other peoples opinions are towards making a 1100 a bit more tactical. I may be able to pick one up for about $150 from a buddy.

I was thinking a slightly shortened stock (one or two inches), an 18.5" barrel, and a +2 mag extension.

Any other suggestions??

DAVE

dmiculek

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 1, 2006
    Gramercy
    Get spare parts for the gas system ("O" ring and gas rings). When they run, they run great and are soft shooting. When they don't, you'll want to pull your hair out.

The Win superX1/Fn are better gas guns in my humble opinion.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Replace the carrier with one that has the extra lever, so you don't have to hit that little center button to load the damn thing.

That right there is why I have never owned an 1100. Great shotgun, hampered by ****-poor ergonomics.

Mr. Steve, is that a drop in part? I hate that about my 1187 duck gun. :mad:

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    Also - I found a **** cheap barrel for an 1100 MAGNUM. Will this drop into my regular 1100 (2 3/4 only) with no ill effects??

Yeah, I've recently replaced the 2 metal gas seals, and I bought a handful of O-rings from the gunshop. Mine was manufactured in 1982, and I'm almost positive it was the first time any of it has been replaced.

And yes, for normal use, I've gotten pretty good at not looking and loading the shells while tapping the silver tab with the shell every time. In a hectic situation, I know it would be a pain in the ass.

Also - on the Winchester Super-X 1 comment - as much as I would love to try one, this baby hasn't let me down even after 600 rounds. Not even a hiccup. Guess I'm just biased :D

Thanks for all the tips guys - DAVE

Top Bottom