Appleseed shoot quick answers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SimonJester308

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Who should attend? Perfect for teaching brand new, or experienced shooters. There is something for all to learn.

What kind of rifle do I need? You can use any safe firearm that can be accurately shot from the shoulder from a .22 to a .32(8mm) While semi-auto friendly, they're not unfriendly to bolt guns.

What kind of sights are allowed? any

What caliber is best? They all are. Appleseed is not caliber specific .308, 30-06, .223, 7.62x39, 8mm, .303, even .22 rimfire is fine

How much ammo do I need? Its best to bring 200 rounds per person, per day

How much does it cost to attend? $70 for 2 days, includes free t-shirt, $45 for only 1 day, plus any additional range fees that may apply (usually between $5-$10 a day) children 20 and under shoot for free, as well as active or reserve military and guardsmen with military ID. Elected officials and candidates for office also shoot for free.

Why military rifles? Because they are fast and easy to reload, but you can bring a hunting rifle just be prepared to reload fast.

Do I need a sling? Yes. Military web style. Nothing fancy required.

Can I use a bipod? No. They teach basic shooting positions using a sling.

Do they have a checklist of things to do in preparation? Yes. Go to their forum and check out FAQ thread

Is there a list of things to bring? Yes. Go to their forum, look under FAQ thread.

Top Bottom