AR grip and stock suggestions please

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    So I have my new sportical. And new to AR's. I want to change the grip and stock. I would like a stock that if I had to use it as a blunt force object, I wouldn't be stuck with a long barrel pistol. Also the grip on there now just feels cheap. Not looking to break the bank, I have to work for my money:). I was looking at ATI. At least for the grip. I like the rubber feel rather than plastic. I was also looking at ATI so I can get the same set up on my defender 12g. I know there are many options and opinions out there. Thanks for any responses/opinions.

I would like to keep the adjustable feature so the kids can shoot it too.

Last edited:

rrussotwo

Jedi Knight
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Magpul MOE+ grip if you like the rubberized feel. There are a f&$kton of good grips out there. Try some out and see what fits you best.

Lots of quality stocks out there from B5, Magpul, etcetera.

I prefer the Magpul CTR and the Magpul ACS-L if I bother changing from the craptasms that ship on most commercial rifles. They lock down nicely and are relatively light and strong.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I really like the Ergo rubberized pistol grips.

If you really want a stock for blunt force use, here's a useful article:
    http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gear...scout-finds-out-just-how-far-tough-talk-goes/

Or you can look at the ACE skeleton stocks, but they aren't collapsible. Personally, I think you'll be better off finding a stock that will provide comfort and a solid cheekweld while actually shooting, than worrying about a hand-to-hand combat situation in which you have to use your buttstock to crush someone's face or breaking in a door with it (assuming that's what you want to use it for!). The Sopmod stocks, as well as the Magpul STR and ACS stocks are about as comfortable as I've felt and all made in USA. I would avoid ATI if possible.

ETA: poor_shot beat me to it! The B5 Sopmods are essentially the same as the LMT, (both government contractors as I understand it) , but a fraction of the price- if you can find one right now!

Last edited:

poor_shot

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    NOLA
    ETA: poor_shot beat me to it! The B5 Sopmods are essentially the same as the LMT, (both government contractors as I understand it) , but a fraction of the price- if you can find one right now!
    :D actually, i was thinking ACE too b/c it's pretty solid but not retractable, well at least not the one i was planning. but a note on the LMT and the B5's. i don't know what it is but the LMT's texture feels better (not that it matters, both feel good against the cheek) and to me it feels sturdier. i have both and prefer the LMT. but at the costs, i would rather buy 2 B5's than 1 LMT.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Thanks for all the input. I'm liking the ACE M4 SOCOM (http://riflestocks.com/store/product99.html ) with the Ergo grip so far. It is an adjustable stock. Wish I could use the folding stock like this, it is bad azz. Looking at the "kitty kat" upper too. Or maybe go up a little longer for suppressor use, but thats too far in the future to worry about now. I have alot to learn about all that. Thats why im not too concerned with the front end of the gun right now. Need to get off my butt and get the trust done first though.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom