Arken EP5 experience?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I have not either but always wondered also. They get great reviews on price, glass, and tracking. The only down sides I see about them are getting one in stock and the weight. They are so heavy.

allen1911

Realist
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Chalmette
    I have an EP5 currently on order. I'll let you know what I think when it comes in or I'll let you inspect it. May be a while though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2022
    US
    I have the sh-4

I've not used a ton of high end glass but have used some. What I can tell...from my eyes and experience...it's comparable if not exactly the same glass quality as a scope on the 2000-2500 level.

Seriously best glass I've owned personally...better than my Leupold, vortex or primary arms plx.

Fantastic scope features....love the turrets....everything seems tight and well balanced for tolerance. Ie....not loose or cheap feeling or so tight you can't adjust focus ect.

Robust weight....it's not an ultralight scope if you are concerned with weight on top.

Illumination is good. I rarely use it unless it's dawn or dusk on the deer stand for those last few precious minutes of legal shooting hours.

No idea if it would stand up to mil or leo abuse testing or not, and I'm not going to throw it in rocks mud or ice to just know...but....it has no signs of being flimsy at all and others have abused them with no issues I've seen yet (, YouTube)

I got the 4-16 and it's plenty....love this scope. Best buy I've made in a long time. Nothing else like it anywhere close to the price point .....and....I messaged the guys importing for them and they say soon (which not sure what soon time frame is) they will have a lpvo. If the quality features and glass are the same for an lpvo it will be a hit

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Labadie

WFPD
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2013
    BR
    I have the SH4 Gen II and the EP5. I like the EP5 better. And I can say without a doubt the quality is good and the glass is good. The turrets are great. I have the EP5 on top a 300 PRC and it has no problem handling the recoil.
    Pros:
    1)Good Glass
    2)Turrets are excellent
    3)Reticle good -my opinion
    4)Price for features excellent
    Cons:
    1) Illuminated reticle average
    2) Very heavy
    3) Turrets don't lock which is only and issue if you hunt with it and using in the field. The turrets could be turned climbing through forest. I always just check zeros before concentrating on my hunt.

What it's not is the same as a 2k Knightforce or similar. What it is, is best in class for the price range and rivals all my scopes in the 1k to 1.5K range.

IMG_1151 (1).jpg

Mr Smooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2022
    Destrehan
    Thanks for that info! I am looking to replace a few SWFA Super Sniper scopes and was wondering about the Arken. I only shoot range, no hunting so no locking turrets is not an issue

cjt0311

Pocket Ninja
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    buying one tonight for my vudoo .22 lr PRS rig, i currently swap a gen3 Razor between my .22 and 6br its a pain to rezero guns when i shoot 2-4 matches a month when it takes at least an hour to get to a range that has at least a 50 and 100 yrd lines.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I did pick up and use an SH4 since my post. I would compare the glass to about the level of a Vortex Diamondback or Strike Eagle. It's definitely way better than something like a Crossfire II but don't expect it to be like a Schmidt and Bender. Now, EP is a step above the SH4 from what I hear.

I would also echo the other comments. Glass is good for price. The turrets/tracking are incredible for the price. Tracks well, very crisp, easy to read.

The illumination is not daylight bright, and the scopes are some pigs (very heavy).

If you don't mind the weight, I think it's a good choice for PRS because the MSRP is so low on them. I would like to try the new lightweight (relative for Arken) hunting series when I get chance. They have capped windage and Zero stop elevation.

TonyAngel

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I don't own any arken scopes, but they are popular at my range and I've shot with several. I can't say anything as to how tough they are. I've never gone humping around with one, nor would I want to. They are heavy.

For they price, they are very nice and perfect for a range gun. Just don't fool yourself into thinking you're getting a $2k scope for 1/4 the price. What you will get is a very good scope for the money. What I mean is that in the price range, give or take a bit, I'd buy an arken before I bought something else. I'd certainly take the arken over several better known brands whose lesser lines cost what they do because of the name.

mylongscreenname

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2020
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Agree with what others have said. Good value for what you get in glass and tracking quality. Rugged but it is heavy compared to other options. I have an arken on my deer rifle and love it but would not be my choice on elk or other pack / hike hunt.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I would prefer the new lightweight hunter model (light relatively speaking for Arken). It has the zero stop for elevation but also a capped windage turret which I prefer.

Top Bottom