Arken Optics anyone?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Was looking for a decent LPVO for my son’s Christmas rifle and went to my closet and found none. Being an optics hound, I was a little cross. So I’m looking and see something that looks decent for $300. Arken EP-8. Anyone got one? Can anyone say yay or nay and what they compare to? The interwebz is all over the place from “good Japanese glass” to “don’t waste your money”. I liked the FFP and the ret for lead shots and wind is why I’m not just going vortex or something else right off the bat. I’m sure there are a million other recommendations but if you can, tell me why or why not this one, please.
    I passed on Athlon scopes early in the game when I could have gotten a couple at extremely low prices and just don’t wanna miss out like that again.

Attachments

• IMG_2608.png
      IMG_2608.png
      307.3 KB · Views: 42
    • IMG_2606.png
      IMG_2606.png
      590 KB · Views: 45
    • IMG_2605.png
      IMG_2605.png
      111.8 KB · Views: 45

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    I don't have one , so no first hand knowledge. Members on m14 forum and falfiles have had positive experiences with them.
    Supposed to be the best place to buy from . No sales tax and free shipping at one time. I don't know if that still applies

Don't know about the warranty service either, but you can't go wrong with a Vortex or Burris.
    No question or bullshiite warranty from them. I can attest to that

edit........Looking at your pics ,it looks like the same retailer

Last edited:

atonguis

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Central, LA
    I have one, I have been a reflex kind of guy for years. They are easy for me to use and see but, I want to hunt with one of mine this year and relfex won't work for distance very well. So I bought an EP 8 for one of my AR's, it is a very nice piece of equipment with the same kind of no bull chit warranty the others have. It does what it says it is. I also have an EP 5 on one of my xtreme long range rifles and it is the bees knees..... but that is one big scope. I am pretty sure I will mount a small reflex canted on a 45 just because I like those for close end stuff. I only paid like $300 straight from Arken because they have a discount code you can use to drop the price and I know it is not a knock off that way. I am not knocking vortex as I have a bunch of them but I have had to send 3 back straight out of the box because of crappy builds, dual images when looking through the scope, inner tube rattling etc.... I like mine, I have only had it for like 3 weeks now but so far so good.. The kill box reticle is different so you need to study it and learn it to be handy with it. I hope this helps you with your decision....

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I have used a broad array of different optics and overall, I am impressed with Arken Optics. Having said that, I do not have any first hand experience with the LPVO.

I think they are a very good deal for the money
    1) Tracking and turrets - The scopes track true. This is simply a yes or no category to me as many Chinese scopes are tracking true now. The turrets are very crisp and are as good as anything-even the stuff from Japan, US, and Europe.
    2) Glass - Glass quality is very good for the money. Not perfect. I would describe as blowing anything from Vortex out of the water except the Vortex Razor Series. If you are used to anything Vortex Viper and below, you will be very happy. I would put it along the lines or better of Burris and Sightron (two brands I like as well). This comes from my personal side by side comparisons outdoors in a lot of light. Did not look very different from early gen Vortex Razor. Edges and Eye boxes are better than anything close in price to them and even better than some that cost more. DO NOT expect it to look better than Nightforce, S&B, Trijicon, Khales, or Zeiss. I do not have a lot of experience with Leupold.

They are not perfect, and it's not all good news.
    1) Weight - All of their scopes are so heavy for what they are. This is usually an indicator of trying to make something nice and cheaply (choose 2 out of 3 scenario). They have responded by coming out with the EPL series and LH series.
    2) There is no history of long-term or duty-use for these scopes that I know of. Other than the warranty, I cannot tell how they will fare in this category. Much of the costs and engineering for scopes from Nightforce, S&B, and Trijicon go into making their optics very rugged.

From what I learned about Arken, the founders were big on selling scopes directly that track true and had a certain feature set. This was a focus and always priority. I also like that they sell and have Lead Times making batches at a time. Makes me feel a little better that they aren't just cranking out poor quality scopes to keep up-unless it's just a marketing trick.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Caneralandny is good to go. They do not charge LA tax. Shipping is fast. Not always free but they are reasonable like $10-$20 for scopes

Game Stalker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2023
    Baton Rouge
    Arken seems like a good quality optic with nice features. The only negative I keep seeing is their weight versus other scopes in its class. If the extra few ounces of weight is not a concern, then I say give it a try if the price is right!

Top Bottom