Biden Closes Gun Show Loophole.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hey, it’s cool if you don’t know, but unless you’re truly the thickest person on this site, I think you’re just dodging my question, but it’s all good. I’ll just wait for it to come up again.
    The only reason I ask is because of the pistol brace deal that was and is no more. But again, if you don’t understand the question, what does it matter, right?

Ha. You're funny. I knew there was a reason I haven't banned you yet.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Now now, lets not get ugly about this. Lol GB is a wonderful thing. If you're going to go after GB then the next thing you'll have Amazon going after eBay. GB is a GREAT equalizer, in my opinion, to big box stores.
    Sorry dude, GB is just plain evil and corrupt. I truly hope they are shut down and guns.com or another takes its place. The utter bull$hit info they force you to give them should alarm everyone on here. I am surprised people give up their personal info and so much about them with no question to a website, and then the corrupt practices they use to prop up their top 100 sellers and to shut down and ban anyone who even remotely disputes transaction with them. They list and sell with impunity and everyone knows it. That website and their management are horrible.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Well, throw that around if you want. Sounds a little tyrannical though. Ban someone for asking a legitimate question. Whatever makes you feel good I guess.

Your legitimate question was given a legitimate answer. Twice. You didn't like them. Or you didn't like that they came from me. So you punted like you tend to do. I think I remember seeing you do that in the cryptocurrency thread. You post something about the future proving your point or something like that to keep from having to comment in the present. I find that funny.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Your legitimate question was given a legitimate answer. Twice. You didn't like them. Or you didn't like that they came from me. So you punted like you tend to do. I think I remember seeing you do that in the cryptocurrency thread. You post something about the future proving your point or something like that to keep from having to comment in the present. I find that funny.
    While we are on the subject, is it possible that Bayou Shooter would delete firearms from the list of things a person could list in the Marketplace because of the new rule mentioned in this thread? Asking for a friend.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    While we are on the subject, is it possible that Bayou Shooter would delete firearms from the list of things a person could list in the Marketplace because of the new rule mentioned in this thread? Asking for a friend.

Anything is possible but it's unlikely. There wouldn't be a need for it. With the pistol braces, the rule meant the items were nfa items and transfers had more restrictions with the brace than without it. In general, every braced pistol was subject to the restrictions. With this rule, restrictions on the transfer are based on the parties involved, specifically the seller, rather than the weapon itself. We currently allow ads for private transfers as well as ads from ffl's without requiring them to identify which category they fall in. The proposed rule doesn't change that. It only has the potential to shift people from one category to the other. Since we don't verify what ads are in each category now, there's no need to in the future. That can easily be done because the marketplace is only a repository for ads and not an e-commerce site.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Anything is possible but it's unlikely. There wouldn't be a need for it. With the pistol braces, the rule meant the items were nfa items and transfers had more restrictions with the brace than without it. In general, every braced pistol was subject to the restrictions. With this rule, restrictions on the transfer are based on the parties involved, specifically the seller, rather than the weapon itself. We currently allow ads for private transfers as well as ads from ffl's without requiring them to identify which category they fall in. The proposed rule doesn't change that. It only has the potential to shift people from one category to the other. Since we don't verify what ads are in each category now, there's no need to in the future. That can easily be done because the marketplace is only a repository for ads and not an e-commerce site.
    Well that makes perfect sense. What a great answer. Thanks.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Buyers seem to be exempt from the rule, only sellers are targets, and so I'd expect a lot of intentional targeting by the feds. There is also an argument to be made for this bill being retroactively applied as part of the Safer Communities Act of 2022, so they may technically be able to target sellers for sales between 2022 and present.

These guys are smarter than me:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    800 feds/local lea, 22000 bots, 6000 lurkers, 1200 authentic people posting at some point...10 of which are here today, 8 hate each other and 2 are chill.

something like that....
    I have had 6 member's come to my own home. None looked like they hated me. More than that met me at a neutral location same there. All of them were nice guys.
    How did it know? They did not tell me i was an idiot, nuts etc to my face.. courtesy

70mikenike70

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2022
    Lake Charles
    Hey wait I’m here too….. Not sure which category I fit in, because I’m either getting banned or having my ads deleted…. :dunno: I seem to have a special way to p;$$ someone off, but just know I’m a great guy and I’m thinking about going on a boating trip….. :doh: I might even change to primitive arms to avoid all this crap… Anybody go watch the new movie “Civil War”? I heard it was good… On a positive note I will be patiently waiting to figure out how this rule not law will play out… Can’t we all just get along? :awais::deadhorse::run::dogkeke:

Top Bottom