Biden To Target ‘Ghost’ Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA

The Justice department will open a national "Ghost Gun Initiative" to pursue federal charges against those involved in the trade of such weapons, President Joe Biden has said.
    He announced the move on Thursday during an appearance with New York City Mayor Eric Adams.
    It comes as Mr Adams calls for help to fight a "pandemic" of gun violence.

Is it possible to get vaxxed against “gun violence”?

Wut?
    These guns are self-assembled and sometimes 3D printed, which means they do not contain a serial number and cannot be traced. Background checks are also not required to purchase the assembly kits.

More about controlling than actual crime

The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) said that 10,000 were recovered in 2019. Since 2016, about 25,000 privately-made guns have been confiscated nationwide, according to a New York Times report. About 325 were used in homicides, an unnamed senior US official said on Thursday.
    Mr Adams, who has frequently compared gun violence to the 11 September 2001 terror attacks, called gun violence "domestic terror that is pervasive in this city and country".

I am sure that attacks on Police and defund the Police movement have nothing to do with the spikes in crime. It’s all due to ‘ghost guns’

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Is it legal to sell a homemade weapon? I'm not sure it can be sold if it doesn't have a serial number!?
    Yes, it's illegal to sell as is with no serial. To sell one, you must go through an FFL and have a serial number assigned to it, and engraved on the receiver. (speak to Advanced Laser Engraving on here for engraving specs). I believe it has to be .003" deep or something. Selling an un-serialzed firearm will not put you in prison if caught. It will put you under the prison. I think it's something like 10yrs federal prison and up to $500,000 in fines or something..

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    So, what's his accusation? "Ghost" guns are showing up at crime scenes and he's taking a leap and accusing law abiding gun owners of selling it to the poor street thugs so they can commit genocide against other poor innocent street thugs that would normally be good if it wasn't for evil YT?

Am I totally way off?

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    no you can not sell a homemade weapon. Supposedly you can make one for personal use, but I am not sure if I would take that risk, or at least take that risk and use it out in public.
    It is legal to mfg a firearm for personal use as long as you are legally allowed to possess a firearm. However, selling it is a no no without said stipulations I mentioned above. I keep up on the 80% stuff as much as I can. My favorite hobby is building them from scratch so I kind of have to. Lol.. when you start building and selling several of them, is when you get the feds looking at you. They will see that as mfg'ing firearms for sale/profit of which is a BIG no no unless you are a FFL and assign serials to each receiver you sell.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    Yes, it's illegal to sell as is with no serial. To sell one, you must go through an FFL and have a serial number assigned to it, and engraved on the receiver. (speak to Advanced Laser Engraving on here for engraving specs). I believe it has to be .003" deep or something. Selling an un-serialzed firearm will not put you in prison if caught. It will put you under the prison. I think it's something like 10yrs federal prison and up to $500,000 in fines or something..
    You are correct sir. The requirements are: Letters 1/16" tall, .003 deep, and a "conspicuous location." We actually engrave serials on 80% lowers for people who want to SBR them.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    So, what's his accusation? "Ghost" guns are showing up at crime scenes and he's taking a leap and accusing law abiding gun owners of selling it to the poor street thugs so they can commit genocide against other poor innocent street thugs that would normally be good if it wasn't for evil YT?

Am I totally way off?
    No, you’re on the money. Either that or trying to make the case that gang bangers double as gunsmiths and are buying the parts and making their own firearms.

The article talks about an increase in confiscation of ‘ghost’ guns. Still 25,000 confiscated only 325 used in homicides. There are many out there legally owned (who knows how many) on top of those confiscated.

Seems like a small percentage for all of the propaganda but that seems to be how the govt/media rolls these days. And as long as these are legally owned, I don’t see an issue. As far as I am aware (I am not an Attorney at Law), it is legal to own these firearms for personal use so long as one is not a prohibited person (as KDerekT83 describes above in post #6)

Last edited:

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    It's just another nail in the coffin against what used to be known as "law abiding gun owners" now known as "white supremist groups" also known as "homegrown terrorists" also known as "American Patriots" also known as "a homegrown terrorist" also known as "the tax paying middle class", yea, those guys.

They will keep chipping away at our rights until none are left. Being able to build a firearm for yourself has been around since before the founding of this nation. Only until recently, being a patriot was a good thing, exorcising your constitutional rights was never considered a dangerous homegrown terrorist threat until recently.

Just something to consider.

freedive10

-Global Mod-, Caballoloco
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Mandeville
    It’s all a shell game to try and take focus off his crumbling administration! They throwing everything at the wall and waiting to see what sticks! So don’t get complacent, don’t wait for your neighbor to vote a certain way or communicate with our representatives. We all need to save ourselves b/ no one is coming to save us. It’s easy, call, write, email, smoke signal, carrier pigeon your representatives.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Yeah. Because, they don't take a quick glance at those letters and toss em in the trash. Calling these "representatives" does nothing unless there is profitable monetary gain for them. They not worried about the middle/little guy like us.
    Flooding their inbox and lighting up the phone lines does get their attention.

A lot of people are very busy with work, kids, daily life, etc and don’t have time to pick up the phone or email. So, when a large amount of people do take time out of their very busy days to make they call and/or write that email, that sends a pretty clear message that people are less than pleased.

On top of that, it begs the question, if this many people called and emailed, how many more disagree with what they are doing and are also pissed off but haven’t had the time to call or email.

Just my opinion, FWIW

pptpe45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    I would think also, if you were a person prohibited from owning a firearm, the second you complete the lower (in the case of an AR), you are now in violation of federal law (felon in possesion of a firearm). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Now a compound bow will cause more damage than probably 80% of projectiles from a firearm with the right broadhead, however felons can own those. I don't know about yall, but I'd rather be hit with a bullet. lol.
    You both are right. Don't know why I was thinking that.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    CajunMinuteman1812
    Top Bottom