Biden To Target ‘Ghost’ Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    Is it legal to sell a homemade weapon? I'm not sure it can be sold if it doesn't have a serial number!?
    Yes it's legal. However you're not supposed to manufacture firearms without a "license" from the BATFE. So you are allowed private sale of your firearms you no longer need. Of course this being constitutional Supreme Law (Article VI) trumps any unconstitutional locale law legislated and or enforced by ignorants. That said many locales have unreasonable and unconstitutional laws on the books.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Yes, You can legally sell a homemade firearm, so long as you are not 'engaging in the business' and the intent was not to sell it when manufactured.

No, An FFL does not have to be involved. You can engrave a serial number, your town/city, State and something identifying you as the maker.

Source

Are There Recordkeeping Requirements for Homemade Gun Transfers?​

If a homemade firearm is sold or transferred (as long as the gun was originally made for personal use), the sale is subject to the same set of transactional regulations that govern sales between private individuals. For example, while federally licensed firearms dealers are required to conduct background checks on prospective purchasers and maintain records of all firearms transactions, the sale of a firearm between two private individuals is not subject to the same level of scrutiny.

According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF), an individual can sell or transfer a firearm to another person without record keeping as long as both individuals reside in the same state and the recipient is not someone who falls within the categories of prohibited persons (such as a convicted felon). There may be state or local regulations that otherwise impact the transaction, but as far as federal law is concerned, it's not necessary for the seller to be licensed, nor is the seller required to perform a background check of the buyer. There is no federal regulation that precludes a transaction involving a homemade firearm from being sold or transferred in a similar manner, as long as such a sale or transfer was not the original intent of the firearm's maker.

Are Home Guns Required to Have Additional Identifying Marks?​

Federal law does not require a homemade gun to have an identifying marker (such as a serial number), as long as it remains in the possession of the original maker. However, if the gun is subsequently sold or otherwise transferred, it should be marked prior to its disposition. The ATF suggests that all homemade firearms be marked with a serial number as a safeguard in the event the firearm is lost or stolen, but this marking is required if the gun is otherwise lawfully transferred in the future.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    The Dem's Just Love to make a huge deal about nothing , solve that Non-existent problem , that affects Nothing , and crow to their constituents about all the great crime solving work they did and how wonderful the party is ... the media promote it to High Heaven and the foolish believe it all and re-elect them .
    Open your eyes and see what is happening !

There are none so blind as those who will not see .
    Gary

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yes, You can legally sell a homemade firearm, so long as you are not 'engaging in the business' and the intent was not to sell it when manufactured.

No, An FFL does not have to be involved. You can engrave a serial number, your town/city, State and something identifying you as the maker.

Source

Are There Recordkeeping Requirements for Homemade Gun Transfers?​

If a homemade firearm is sold or transferred (as long as the gun was originally made for personal use), the sale is subject to the same set of transactional regulations that govern sales between private individuals. For example, while federally licensed firearms dealers are required to conduct background checks on prospective purchasers and maintain records of all firearms transactions, the sale of a firearm between two private individuals is not subject to the same level of scrutiny.

According to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF), an individual can sell or transfer a firearm to another person without record keeping as long as both individuals reside in the same state and the recipient is not someone who falls within the categories of prohibited persons (such as a convicted felon). There may be state or local regulations that otherwise impact the transaction, but as far as federal law is concerned, it's not necessary for the seller to be licensed, nor is the seller required to perform a background check of the buyer. There is no federal regulation that precludes a transaction involving a homemade firearm from being sold or transferred in a similar manner, as long as such a sale or transfer was not the original intent of the firearm's maker.

Are Home Guns Required to Have Additional Identifying Marks?​

Federal law does not require a homemade gun to have an identifying marker (such as a serial number), as long as it remains in the possession of the original maker. However, if the gun is subsequently sold or otherwise transferred, it should be marked prior to its disposition. The ATF suggests that all homemade firearms be marked with a serial number as a safeguard in the event the firearm is lost or stolen, but this marking is required if the gun is otherwise lawfully transferred in the future.
    The very last sentence suggests it is required. Marking is required if the gun is otherwise lawfully transferred in the future.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    The very last sentence suggests it is required. Marking is required if the gun is otherwise lawfully transferred in the future.
    "For example, while federally licensed firearms dealers are required to conduct background checks on prospective purchasers and maintain records of all firearms transactions, the sale of a firearm between two private individuals is not subject to the same level of scrutiny." -- Emphasis my own.

"The ATF suggests that all homemade firearms be marked with a serial number as a safeguard in the event the firearm is lost or stolen, but this marking is required if the gun is otherwise lawfully transferred in the future."

No mention of an FFL.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    A foot in the door to banning guns and registration/confiscation

Pretty sure that this is an UnConstitional action and that the definition of a firearm is coded in law.

Lies and subterfuge

Last edited:

Paintball

Long live the 10mm
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2010
    Denham Springs, Louisiana

https://www.njoag.gov/gunbuyback/

Up to $250 per weapon​

Under standardized pricing set for this buyback, residents will be paid:
    $25 for Inoperable Firearms & BB/Pellet Guns
    $125 for Rifles and Shotguns
    $200 for Handguns
    $250 for Assault Weapons
    Law enforcement firearms experts will be on hand at each location to assist with the valuation and securing of turned-in weapons.

$250.00 - Could those "Ghost Gun" numbers be 80% lowers finished and sold back for a profit? Hmm...
    If the lower receiver is the "Gun"....

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I’ve heard in reports that this was a 300 page illegal order. “Ghost Guns” is probably just a small part of the order. This is just a pixel of the big picture they have ready to go. The 2A is the frog in a pot of water and the tyrants are about to crank up the heat to a rolling boil. How many will jump out?

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    maybe I'm reading too much into this.
    You are not! I once had a "Ghost Gun" in my house. I got it from a strange man in a black suit with black eyes and spoke in a monotone fashion. It was only $200 and it had the serial number 000666. He tossed in a box of 147gr Black Talons and informed me that it prefers that ammo, so I loaded up and that is when the troubles began!

The gun rattled on my nightstand at 2am and I awoke to a portal opening up! A gentleman wearing a blue magician costume emerged and asked me for some bread and cold cuts to make sandwiches. He also said "Wong forgot to get groceries after a visit from Dr Banner!" I gave him an entire loaf and all my ham and cheese after which he said "Thanks, your help in the fight against Thanos will not be forgotten!" and then he vanished through the portal.
    I thought it was just a dream until my Wife took the gun to the range and fired some Russian steal case ammo through it. She said the casings turned red hot after ejection and a voice in her head told her to "STOP!" She quickly placed the gun back in it's coffin shaped box and rushed home.
    After she came home, I explained to her that it only likes Black Talons and it is angry now! We went back to the range with the last of our Black Talon ammo and fired the remaining 20 rounds and the voices stopped. We thought it was over and agreed to never fire it again, then tossed it in the safe.
    One week after, I was woken up by the sound of our gun safe mysteriously opening up! A voice in my head asked me "Where are my Talons? I must have them! Give me my Talons or you will burn!" We got dressed and rushed in our car to the Catholic Archdiocese(good thing it's in Mid-City across from Rock In Bowl!) We called ahead and the Exorcist was waiting at the 24 hour Exorcism ER incident the back of the Archdiocese. The priest took a sip from his flask of "liquid courage", said a prayer, dumped a chalice of Holy Water on the gun, then said "The power of Christ dispels you" several times! The gun countered with the dark speech of Mordor after which the Priest raised a gray staff and said "Go back to the shadows! I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. You cannot pass. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udûn. YOU SHALL NOT PASS! " The dark gray haired priest lowered his staff and told us to use a glove to place it back in the coffin case and to hide it where it will never see the light of day again.
    We placed it deep in the bottom of our safe below all the the commemorative cased handguns(Desert Storm, John Wayne, Ducks Unlimited, Trump 2024, Captain America, Nick Fury, Luke Skywalker, Gandalf the Grey and others.)
    The dark gun fell silent.
    The End............For Now!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wagon461
    Top Bottom