Big changes in private sales of firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longshot308

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Prairieville, LA
    I don’t remember hearing much of anything about this but it is now currently the new law.
    I guess on a positive note we will now see more reasonable prices in the classified?

Awesome, more vagueness. If I buy a baseball card because I know it'll go up in value, will I get in trouble. Sounds like the IRS would care. What if someone buys it and is surprised when they are offered a large bump for a collectable?

I'm probably preaching to the choir

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Rest of the paragraph explains that personal collection is not included. The first comment of the video explains why they didn't bring that up.
    251c7f63478c55158a7974f597c294f6.jpg
    590b3fa9de7328cb5755f0a0247a3b0e.jpg

Tactitools and blanket statements... Welcome to Bayoushooter.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    This is complete bool sheet. A very slippery slope. And a very sick attempt on the government’s part to gain even more control over our lives. You simply cannot decide why someone does something. There is nobody that can read your mind and decide that you bought a gun as an investment to later turn a profit and hence become an unlicensed gun dealer. Our fat sick government can’t decide to penalize you for selling your personal possessions regardless of how much you sell them for. They can’t even tax you for the sale. What they can do is persuade you to play stupid games that will lead to your somehow either incriminating yourself or giving up your rights.
    For all my years, a private gun sale has always been exactly and completely that, PRIVATE. Which is well within my rights. As far as I’m concerned, except for a couple of stipulations, no different than selling any other of my personal property. You guys can conform and bow down and buy into this crap all day, but I’ll pass.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    This is complete bool sheet. A very slippery slope. And a very sick attempt on the government’s part to gain even more control over our lives. You simply cannot decide why someone does something. There is nobody that can read your mind and decide that you bought a gun as an investment to later turn a profit and hence become an unlicensed gun dealer. Our fat sick government can’t decide to penalize you for selling your personal possessions regardless of how much you sell them for. They can’t even tax you for the sale. What they can do is persuade you to play stupid games that will lead to your somehow either incriminating yourself or giving up your rights.
    For all my years, a private gun sale has always been exactly and completely that, PRIVATE. Which is well within my rights. As far as I’m concerned, except for a couple of stipulations, no different than selling any other of my personal property. You guys can conform and bow down and buy into this crap all day, but I’ll pass.
    Well said. Another big issue is it leaves to much up for interpretation. This new law can easily get somebody into some trouble who really did nothing wrong. On a positive note a few lawsuits have already come out against it and it will likely be overturned. The issue is how long that may take.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Well said. Another big issue is it leaves to much up for interpretation. This new law can easily get somebody into some trouble who really did nothing wrong. On a positive note a few lawsuits have already come out against it and it will likely be overturned. The issue is how long that may take.
    Classic ATF. They have combined regulation and deception and turned it into a fine art. Many alphabet agencies are known for this tactic. It allows them to make up rules as they go so they can never be wrong.
    The SEC uses these exact tactics. Give zero information about how to stay on the legal side of things. Decide when someone is acting outside the law but don’t tell them what they did wrong or how to fix it.

Like I said a year or more ago: the moment I learned the ATF said if you shoulder a weapon it becomes a rifle I knew they had effed up. Their language regarding handguns, to this day, centers on shooting one handed. Please don’t make me post the videos of handicapped guys shooting pistols with their feet again…The ideas, suggestions, letters, rulings opinions, etc. from the ATF are based on purely tyrannical views that I don’t subscribe to.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    "a person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business" would seem to me to be the more operative part of the description, rather than some change "from livelihood or profit" to "predominantly earn a profit." Predominantly earning a profit is how you earn a livelihood selling things, if you don't predominantly make a profit, you're not making a livelihood. I don't think removing "livelihood" from the description has any serious effect on the "devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business" portion of the definition.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    rynola
    Top Bottom