Brand New Taurus CT9 G2 9MM Carbine Firing Pin Problems

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaurusShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    Metairie, La
    Ok, I just got back from the range
    I had one major problem today with my new Taurus CT9 G2 9MM Carbine
    I got to shoot the first round ok, It hit dead center, and then on the next round, just a click and no fired round, So I ejected it and tried the next 4 rounds. I had to eject each round as they did not also fire.
    I then picked up the ejected rounds, and looked at their primers, No strikes on them anywhere (Firing Pin Issue)

Luckily Gunner from The Shooter's Club told ma about a gun smith who lived near by (Dutch).
    Well I took it there and he checked it out, Firing pin was not coming all the way out. He took out his small punch and lightly tapped it. Well after that we tried firing 3 primer shells, Well good news. Each one of them fired successfully. He also recommended that I really clean the bolt area really good with some gun scrub.

Well I took it back to the range, and then the next 42 rounds fired with no problems. It was on the 5 magazine that the 3rd and following rounds in that magazine did not fire (Firing Pin Issue Again)
    Well I broke it down and removed the bolt and lightly tapped on the firing pin with a small punch tool. I put it all back together, and for the next 250 rounds of ammo. The problem never reappeared

Maybe it was just gunk up with shipping grease or the firing pin might have a blur in it. I am going to give it a good gun scrub cleaning later tonight, and then take it back to the range tomorrow and try to put another 200 rounds through it. If the same thing happens again (The firing pin blot will be going back to Taurus)

Ps. I thought that I had given it a really good new gun cleaning before taking it to the range (Maybe Not)
    Well at lease the last 250 rounds seem to hit dead center on the targets, Now let's hope I do not have to send the firing bolt back to Taurus :dunno:

Note: Dutch has now become the Official Gun Smith for all the Taurus Shooter Firearms

http://www.taurusshooterblog.com/taurus-ct9-g2-9mm-carbine-rifle/

Last edited:

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Thanks for the honest feedback. People are often leery when it comes to "brand name guys" reviews (such as Taurus Shooter) but I'm sure glad you kept it objective and reported some of the "issues" with your guns. I life Taurus, and I've never had a single issue with one of their products. Of course I completely disassemble and clean all my guns before shooting them :)

TaurusShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    Metairie, La
    Thanks for the honest feedback. People are often leery when it comes to "brand name guys" reviews (such as Taurus Shooter) but I'm sure glad you kept it objective and reported some of the "issues" with your guns. I life Taurus, and I've never had a single issue with one of their products. Of course I completely disassemble and clean all my guns before shooting them :)

Thanks for the comment, I like to keep things honest, and I did do a really good gun cleaning before I took it to the range. It looks like there is maybe a blur in the firing pin, and it is spring loaded, and not free floating
    Dutch now has it, and is going to check out for any firing pin blurs or small pieces of metal that may block it, Plus he is also going to blue a silver slide of my recent Taurus PT24/7 G2C 45 Pistol. (I just don't like the looks of a silver slide) I know why didn't I buy one that was all black, Because this was the only one they had (Couldn't find a all black one anywhere)

Last edited:

TaurusShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    Metairie, La
    The Hi Pert 995 is a lot cheaper, and goes 'bang' EVERYTIME

Yes, But then I like the looks and feel of the Taurus, and If I wanted a Hi Pert 995 I would of gotten one
    Now not every gun is perfect, There have been some problems reported with the so called Hi Pert 995 just like many of the other top name brand firearms.

But thanks for leaving your comment

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Yes, But then I like the looks and feel of the Taurus, and If I wanted a Hi Pert 995 I would of gotten one
    Now not every gun is perfect, There have been some problems reported with the so called Hi Pert 995 just like many of the other top name brand firearms.

But thanks for leaving your comment

Neither Taurus nor Hi Point belong in the same sentence as -"other top name brand firearms"

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    I would not mind shooting a Taurus - Seems like same as other's, just the name has me wondering?
    Mr. Taurus - Could we meet up one day and shoot, I'll bring my M&P'S.

TaurusShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    Metairie, La
    I would not mind shooting a Taurus - Seems like same as other's, just the name has me wondering?
    Mr. Taurus - Could we meet up one day and shoot, I'll bring my M&P'S.

Yes we sure can, I will even cover the range fee's and ammo. Now I will be off from Wednesday -Saturday of next week
    We can meet up one of those days at The Shooter's Club, I will bring all 8 of mine

TaurusShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    Metairie, La
    My Custom Tactical Version Of The Taurus CT9 G2 Carbine Rifle

Ok, So here is my Custom Tactical Version of the Taurus CT9 G2 9MM Carbine Rifle

I added these simple shooting accessories to it to give it that Tactical look

Aim Sports 150 Lumens Light, Red/Green Dot Reflex Sight, & Universal Shooting Bipod

CT9-G2.jpg

All comments good or bad are always welcomed

TaurusShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    Metairie, La
    Neither Taurus nor Hi Point belong in the same sentence as -"other top name brand firearms"

You have your Top Name Brands, and I have mine. I know there are a lot of Taurus Haters on this forum, and also some that like them just like I do.
    But thanks for the comment, It shows that they are being looked at and read.

Dishonored

Hunter
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Prairieville
    I've got a Taurus 24/7 pro od green and black scheme. Has more rounds through it than my Glock 19 FDE. Guess what? I had stovepipes from my glock right out the box and never a single problem from the (had to change the ejector out to the new one) Taurus. I carry my g19 but because it is smaller not because I don't trust my Taurus. I actually think I shoot it better than the G19 easier. (Now they are the same but with more work/practice with the g19)

Taurus is around 2k rounds
    And the g19 has around 1.5k maybe a little under. First 400 rounds in the g19 had 13 stovepipes. All in once class with advantage group.

Harrisracing

Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    With comments like the one above i guess i commit all kinds of sacrilege because I sneak my Taurus PT1911 into all kinds of photo shoots it doesn't belong in!

rwp06e.jpg

2ez1ctu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

TaurusShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    Metairie, La
    Ok got the bolt slide back from Dutch firearms repair
    Good news, The spring was a little bent on the end causing the firing pin to not extract and hit the primer.
    Spring has been fixed, firing pin no blurs found but he repolished anyway, Works great now and it fires every time.
    Cost ($20.00 plus lunch)
    Having to send it to Taurus and wait 6 weeks :thumbsdown:
    Having a local gunsmith fixing it in 24 hours, Priceless :thumbsup:

I'm a happy camper now...

TaurusShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2014
    Metairie, La
    Good Morning Bayou Shooter's Forum.

Going to The Shooters' Club today to do some shooting of my 3 Taurus 9MM firearms, The Taurus PT92B 9MM Pistol, Taurus PT111 Millennium G2 9MM Pistol, and the Taurus CT9 G2 9MM Carbine Rifle. Also taking 500 Rounds of Ammo. So if anybody wants to join me there to also shoot, Just message me here before noon.

So Here's To A Good Day Of Shooting..

Last edited:

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    lets get this on the record: I own 3500.00 guns and 350.00 guns. The only two manufacturers I've yet to have a single issue with are Glock and Taurus. There are some true gems in the "cheap" gun world if you do your research. The HP995 is at the tippy top of that list, followed by a few of my taurus pistols.

I used to knock the cheapie guns too, but some of them are real gems. Don't knock em til ya try em fellas.

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    lets get this on the record: I own 3500.00 guns and 350.00 guns. The only two manufacturers I've yet to have a single issue with are Glock and Taurus. There are some true gems in the "cheap" gun world if you do your research. The HP995 is at the tippy top of that list, followed by a few of my taurus pistols.

I used to knock the cheapie guns too, but some of them are real gems. Don't knock em til ya try em fellas.

Yea like my all new all american made gun!!! Look how pretty it looks...

Hold on I need to blast a cap in a fool be right back...

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom