Camelbak MotherLode

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gulfdiver

Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Sep 22, 2007
    I am trying to keep it under $250

I am looking to buy a CamelBak MotherLode .
    Is it good for holding a load with out tearing?
    What is the quality like?
    Is the stitching any good?
    Would this make a good 72 hour kit?
    Can I carry +40 LBS
    Any other bag suggestions would help
    Thanks

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    There are different sizes. The medium pack has 2 interior compartments and 4 outer compartments.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjin_qhIbig[/ame]

I've never heard a complaint from anyone on their durability. The frame could leave a bit to be desired, but that's because it's GI issue. Get an aftermarket kidney pad and you'll be fine humping that thing for 25 miles.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    these guys have some nice bags,with frames ,camel backs and also a internal rifle/shotgun scabberd and under accessories they have a molle attachment for a second long gun...the gun slinger is 225.00 but they have others some a little more some a little less,,,and diffrent styles both in your price range under hunting and spec ops bags

http://www.eberlestock.com

Garra

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Lafayette
    these guys have some nice bags,with frames ,camel backs and also a internal rifle/shotgun scabberd and under accessories they have a molle attachment for a second long gun...the gun slinger is 225.00 but they have others some a little more some a little less,,,and diffrent styles both in your price range under hunting and spec ops bags

http://www.eberlestock.com

I love my alice packs, I have a medium and a large. Great packs for the cost, hands down. I own almost a dozen assorted packs and these over all have always been my favorite untill.....2 weeks ago my wife ordered me something for my birthday (which all of you sonsabeetches forgot! ;)) I had been wanting to get.

I got this Eberlestock pack...

http://www.eberlestock.com/X1S pack.htm

And let me say, it is the best pack, bar none, I have ever held in my sweaty little hands.

I had been wanting a pack to carry my rifle in. That is what lead me to these packs originally. But in 5 minutes of handling this pack and examing it you will understand the quality, craftmanship, and detail that went into the design of these packs. For me to be this excited over a back pack, you know it has to be good. (Unless its boobies or see thru sun dresses, I NEVER get excited normally).

I love this pack. I have only used it once thus far. Took it on about a 5mile excurssion into Thistlewait opening day of rifle season. It did wonderfully. Very rugged, and again so smartly designed and thought out. This pack has made me a huge fan of Eberlestock and I plan on purchasing several of the accessories to go with this pack over the next year.

My wife got mine from Green Mountain web site, they had them on sale for about $130.00.

I highly reccomend them for a really great all around pack.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    yea having a long gun sling brought me to their sight also,,,i seen a couple of the hunting ones at cableas,and looked and felt great,,im setting a few ducks aside to get me one..thanks for the review

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bbroussard
    Top Bottom