Canik pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    The psa dagger is only $300 currently.
    yeah you better read owners reviews and feedback on the psa dagger, right on the psa website. I have purchased quite a few psa uppers and lowers but bottom line is their customer service after the sale leaves a lot to be desired if you have a problem. a psa dagger is no Canik for sure.

If you want to purchase the cheapest 9mm truck gun, buy a High Point 9mm. Like $170 + tax + FFL fee

Last edited:

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    I have 4 caniks currently, tp9sf, SFT, SFX and a combat executive. My favorite is the tp9sf with a freedomsmith trigger, taylor freelance brass backstrap and XS front sight. Some spring work on the rsa but it is a phenominal shooter. All on my guns shoot better than i do!!

sphill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Leesville, LA
    I have a SFX Rival and TP9SA. Both have been great.
    IMG_0913.JPG

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Another thing I really like about Canik is spare parts availability. Canik sells directly any part you would need or commonly replaced parts like recoil spring assembly’s. I like to keep things on hand so if something breaks or periodic maintenance needs to be done I don’t have to find something in stock and then wait to receive it. Most things are back in stock now but like everyone else they had trouble keeping spare parts in stock the past couple years.

One thing to note is after placing a handful of orders directly through Canik, I would say the customer service needs some improvement. Not once did I receive any sort of tracking number or notification that the package was sent out. I tried e mailing Canik a couple of times and never did get a response. Each time what I ordered came and the order was correct but I got 0 communication along the way. Makes me wonder if I’d get the same response if I needed to have something replaced under warranty.

Also be aware they have a handful of Canik website that are scam sites. Some look real and have believable URL’s. This is the real Canik website for anyone who may need it….

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    If you want to purchase the cheapest 9mm truck gun, buy a High Point 9mm. Like $170 + tax + FFL fee
    Those look terrible. Id really want a dual action gun in the event I have a hard primer and I only have one arm/hand usable. The Canik tp9da is only $400.

In other new, looks like Canik is releasing a metal frame gun. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2023/01/03/canik-sfx-rival-s/

I'm sure the youtube shills will get their hand on them very soon. Hopefully they run fine like their plastic models.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Hi Point is coming out with a 10mm version with an msrp of $225. 10 round mags. Maybe the Feds will buy em. FBI loved 10mm for a while many years back. Has a threaded barrel, slap a silencer on that bad boy. I know my old 9mm hi point (long time ago) had a fixed barrel/straight blowback. If the 10 is the same, it would not need a nielson booster to cycle.

edit: hi point 10mm heavy as sh*t, 49 ozs.

Last edited:

SouthernInsanity

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 31, 2018
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Another fan of the Canik pistols. Currently have 3 and hopefully they do something to change their subcompact pistol, which i had but sold because it was a little bulky for a Cc pistol.

And if y'all have seen the Rival-S you should check it out.

Naolaboi5044

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2023
    New orleans
    Hi Point is coming out with a 10mm version with an msrp of $225. 10 round mags. Maybe the Feds will buy em. FBI loved 10mm for a while many years back. Has a threaded barrel, slap a silencer on that bad boy. I know my old 9mm hi point (long time ago) had a fixed barrel/straight blowback. If the 10 is the same, it would not need a nielson booster to cycle.

edit: hi point 10mm heavy as sh*t, 49 ozs.

Naolaboi5044

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2023
    New orleans
    yeah you better read owners reviews and feedback on the psa dagger, right on the psa website. I have purchased quite a few psa uppers and lowers but bottom line is their customer service after the sale leaves a lot to be desired if you have a problem. a psa dagger is no Canik for sure.

Don’t risk ya life with a hi point cheaper isn’t always better when buying weapons

javery5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2023
    New Orleans La.
    https://freedomsmith.com/ sells cheap aftermarket triggers. I threw one in mine before I even shot it since it was only $55 at the time.
    Does anything really improve their triggers much? I’ve dry fired the rival and was seriously impressed. I would like that nice trigger in a Glock 19 sized pistol.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Does anything really improve their triggers much? I’ve dry fired the rival and was seriously impressed. I would like that nice trigger in a Glock 19 sized pistol.
    The Canik Rival costs about $100 more than a Gen 5 G19. Why not buy the Glock and install a performance trigger?

Top Bottom