Canik Pistols

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cajun Camper

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Lafayette, La.
    Does anyone here have actual experience with Canik pistols? The model in question is the Mete Sf Pro in 9mm. A friend‘s son bought one but had to finance it. He put $200.00 down on it. As luck has it he quit his job so Dad paid it off for him, cost Dada $500.00. He’s not sure if he wants to sell it or keep it. I have no experience with them so I’m reaching out to you guys. It’s a nice looking pistol with slide cuts, 2 mags, couple back straps, holster, cleaning kit & threaded barrel. Thanks in advance for any insight.

shrxfn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    SWLA
    I have a canik TP9SFx which I really enjoy shooting and it seems to shoot well.

I looked it up and it seems like a nice gun and it should be a shooter. A few people on here also have the Canik Rival so they aren't as uncommon as people think. He may want to keep it and give it a chance.

The downside to this is they sell for $580 online at the first few places I googled so they may lose money if they sell.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana

They have a handful of threads here already that talk about Canik pistols. The tp9 sf is the main platform they sell that has several different variants. Canik has made a huge footprint in the US and they aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. I have a couple of them myself that I really enjoy and have had a few more over the years.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    They are good pistols just not very valuable. Dad may recoup most of his money. Son learned a $200 lesson.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If he decides to sell it he’ll easily get his money back. Son will be out of some money but oh well right. The model he has sells for more than most Glocks. Dad can easily get $600 for it I’m sure and if he wants to sell it fast sell it for around $500. Just my .02 for what it’s worth.

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I made fun of Caniks -- the "turkish turds" -- until I actually fondled one, then I had to eat my hat... Now I have a couple Rivals and I haven't picked up my Shadow 2 since. Shameful truth. Sample size of one, but I don't think mine's a unique tale.

They're very affordable and have absolutely no business being as good as they are. They're known for beautifully crisp triggers that punch well out of their weight class. The METE Pro like the one daddy has is one of their upper-tier models.

That particular model can be had in the low $500's brand new, so if he sold it to you for about that it'd be a super fair deal but not a screaming deal that'd worth running across 10 lanes of traffic for.

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    I have a bunch of Caniks. The triggers are great, very accurate guns. They are made to NATO specs so they require a little break in. I run about 250 147 gr first before dropping down to 124. On my TP9 SF and TP9 SFT Mete, I did replace the triggers with freedomsmith triggers. That removed most of the pretravel, now breaking at 3lb9oz.

SVT Bansheeman

No more laughing dog
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Lockport, LA
    It's odd there are so many other pistols that run flawless with 115gr and 124 when new yet some caniks do not.

As for mine. It's fine. It's just another gun to me as all my others are.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Canids are NATO sprung. Some of them come with heavy recoil springs and will have trouble with low power ammo. They sell lighters springs if you are worried about break in

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Canids are NATO sprung. Some of them come with heavy recoil springs and will have trouble with low power ammo. They sell lighters springs if you are worried about break in
    None of that is an issue with any current Caniks. When they first came to the states, they were sprung to run 124gr NATO. Now any Canik you buy will run 115gr-147gr out of the box. It’s been years now since any of them have came shipped stock to run 124gr NATO. They do still offer the option on their website to buy a lighter rsa or heavier rsa.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    No matter how you pronounce it, janik, chanik Canik, they’re great pistols for the money. I bought my first TP9 about 5 years ago I guess, big capacity for $279. Bought another a year later, 10 dollars more. Last one I bought was also under $300 and came with 3 mags and a decent holster.
    Here’s an article that tells you why you shouldn’t judge a handgun by selling price alone.

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    I have a black sfx mete with a riton red dot. Its hard to miss with it. The grip is a little weird to me. I like CZ grips. It has 550 rounds through it. I had 1 malfunction on the first or second mag. Failure to return to battery I believe. The caniks have tons of metal shavings from the factory. They need to be cleaned thoroughly after shooting new.

ncwg2boatguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Does anyone here have actual experience with Canik pistols? The model in question is the Mete Sf Pro in 9mm. A friend‘s son bought one but had to finance it. He put $200.00 down on it. As luck has it he quit his job so Dad paid it off for him, cost Dada $500.00. He’s not sure if he wants to sell it or keep it. I have no experience with them so I’m reaching out to you guys. It’s a nice looking pistol with slide cuts, 2 mags, couple back straps, holster, cleaning kit & threaded barrel. Thanks in advance for any insight.
    Buy it. Probably the best bang for $$ on planet. They run great.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    If I were on a budget and looking for my first 9mm, then I would get one and shoot the hell out of it. I just don't own any of them because I already have lots of Glocks, HKs, SIGs, Smiths, Walthers, and Rugers. People are enjoying these the same way I enjoyed Glocks when they arrived, so I get it.

hkennc

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Gonzales
    I'd buy it. Add it to the other four I may or may not have.

Richard Michael

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2021
    Walker, La.
    I have red dots on my Elite Combat Exec and Mete SFT. I will put a green Holosun EPS on a Elite SC when I get it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ChefBQ
    Top Bottom