CAT-7 in NOLA

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I was taught with these so I stick to em.

Attachments

• IMG_20210920_102527913.jpg
      IMG_20210920_102527913.jpg
      205.1 KB · Views: 170

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I was taught with these so I stick to em.

Thats analogous to saying you learned to shoot on a .22 rifle, so you stick with it despite other better calibers.

But...In this case the one you learned on is the best on the market. I use the same. Gen4 is nice to have but the previous generations and the Wide are excellent at full stoppage.

If people reading this haven't taken their tourniquet off their kit and applied it and checked for lack of radial pulse, they are wrong. There are multiple tourniquets on the market that are ineffective and can be combat deadly.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Thats analogous to saying you learned to shoot on a .22 rifle, so you stick with it despite other better calibers.

But...In this case the one you learned on is the best on the market. I use the same. Gen4 is nice to have but the previous generations and the Wide are excellent at full stoppage.

If people reading this haven't taken their tourniquet off their kit and applied it and checked for lack of radial pulse, they are wrong. There are multiple tourniquets on the market that are ineffective and can be combat deadly.

You make a good point. To be more clear, I keep these, primarily because they were recommended by the Corpsman that taught me how to properly deploy it. However, I'm no longer enlisted, or in a profession where I would likely have a need for it, so just for preparedness, I keep 4 on hand in my IFAK. I'm sure there are better, but something is better than nothing. I just don't believe have a need for the best of the best.

Last edited:

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Interstate Guns in Hammond stocks CAT Gen 7 tourniquets.

It’s a bit North of New Orleans, but worth visiting. They also stock other med supplies.

Top Bottom