CCW

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • number1roadie19

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Marrero, LA
    Most classes are between 6-8 hours. 1-2 hours are range time normally. I've taken the class a couple of times, and if you want to get your CCW permit, it is required at the moment. It doesn't hurt to have some training, regardless, though.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    If you want to conceal carry a pistol in Louisiana it’s required unless you’re active duty military or a veteran. If you’re a veteran all you need to do is bring your DD214 to the DMV and get a new license. You’ll get a new license with your veteran status printed in capital letters right under your picture.

swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Half of that time is the instructor or attendees telling war stories. Waste of time. Take the online class at Bearco. You can spread it out to fit your schedule, then schedule the range part when and where it is convenient to you.

mod1911a

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2014
    Covington, LA
    I'll agree with swampfoxx's post before me; the instructors get wrapped up in themselves a lot and waste time.

I've gone to F.I.T.S in Slidell for my first permit as well as two renewals. For the last one--June '22--those of us being re-certified for renewal were allowed to leave the ongoing class right after lunch break and go straight to the range portion. After shooting the obligatory (3) cylinders/magazines-full, it was a wrap.

HERE'S A BEEF I HAVE:
    F.I.T.S now uses the USCCA class and material instead of the NRA course. I didn't like it, being an NRA member for over 40 years.
    AND, during the class (2) representatives from USCCA were brought in to sell memberships. They put on at least a 20 minute sales spiel to the "captive audience" class, then passed out applications. It was almost as if we were being obliged to join USCCA.
    I wanted to contact F.I.T.S afterward to express my dissatisfaction but just said screw it. I'll never use them in the future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom