Chinese spy balloon thread

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    11 miles straight up… sorry to say, even the 10mm…..nope.
    obviously you dont know redneck ballistics... :mamoru: we all know how powerful the 10 mm is

1675725629452.png

1675725668992.png

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    $210 million dollar aircraft…$380,000 missile to do what one .50cal round from a predator drone, hook, and a tow cable. Sounds like the same logic they use for gun control. 11 miles up ~900 miles of visibility not including electronic surveillance. The path of the baroon says it all. Let’s shoot it down after it gathered everything it needed, transmitted, and possibly dropped whatever along the way. Hmmmm..

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I have a theory. The main mission was to observe the reaction and response. Mission accomplished. They can monitor news media. They know the balloon undetected until human observation a long ways inland. First reaction it was a Chinese spy balloon. And on and on. Pure PsyOps.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    I have a theory. The main mission was to observe the reaction and response. Mission accomplished.

Agreed. The Chinese were testing our leadership and our response. Any data/video observation was transmitted live, real time so destroying it in the Atlantic after a pass is pretty much useless. I'm sure the Chinese went into this op knowing their balloon and equip would be destroyed at some point in the mission. They were probing us.

quote from an online Time article: "China has an extensive satellite network. In a Nov. 2022 report, the Defense Department said China’s intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance-capable (ISR) satellite fleet had more than 260 systems, second only to the U.S., as of the end of 2021. A senior defense official noted on Thursday that, for China, the balloon flying over Montana “has limited additive value from an intelligence collection perspective.”

Bam Bam

Certified gun nut!
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Denham Springs/Watson, La
    The path of the baroon says it all. Let’s shoot it down after it gathered everything it needed, transmitted, and possibly dropped whatever along the way. Hmmmm..
    This is my issue with the whole situation, why/how did we as a "Super Power" allow this balloon to even get over the US? It should have been sent to the bottom of the pacific BEFORE it ever crossed over the US.
    And yes a few 20mm shells from a F-15 would have been enough to drop it hopefully with out too much damage to give our guys a chance to see what the equipment really was and their tech.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Read: Operation Cherry Blossoms at Night would have been a biological attack against the United States.

"Consideration was also given to using high-altitude balloons to carry biological agents across the Pacific to the U.S."
    Including the pandemic, killing their own people and other ethnic groups within their country, and their own wars; the CCP has killed more people in this world than all of the WW2 dictators and murderers combined. When will the rest of the civilized world realize they have to be stopped?

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I have a theory. The main mission was to observe the reaction and response. Mission accomplished. They can monitor news media. They know the balloon undetected until human observation a long ways inland. First reaction it was a Chinese spy balloon. And on and on. Pure PsyOps.
    Now add to that theory that our government was also involved and you might be on to something. Everything that is focused on by mainstream media or public servants is psychological operations as far as I'm concerned. There is always an angle.

Abby Normal

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I think this was all about collecting sensitive electronic intel over military bases & watching our reaction. But to go One Step Beyond they could have been mapping wind patterns for dropping plague infested fleas, bio weapons, radioactive dirty bomb, or they just want a pic of all their new farm land. The 10% for the Big Guy is what kept it from being shot down sooner.
    I’m wondering if they had stealth technology like plastics to keep it from being detected.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    When the government decides to break their UFO/Alien attack event, I wonder how many folks will fall for it. They’re already talking about it and saying we should ramp up military spending and space force yada yada…
    Unidentified aerial phenomena…

Top Bottom