CHP Appeal, Administrative Hearing.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JB-Christ_Believer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2022
    Boutte
    Hi All, Not sure if this thread belongs here or on the cc forum.

Can anyone describe how the proceedings of an LA CHP Appeal for denied CHP and how the Administrative Hearing works?
    For starters, Is the person appealing allowed to attend, or do you just send information in by certified mail for a the formal review? Is a person allowed to present artifacts at the hearing as part of the appeal? Do people typically attend by themselves or do they try to get a lawyer to represent them or a laser to be present with them? Is there an air of reasonability to these proceedings or do people tend to get shut down and denied the appeal? Does anyone know the statistics on denied appeals for denied CHP in comparison to approved appeals? Are things like character references or other accomplishments helpful to bring with to the hearing?
    I'm most interested in how the proceedings work, admissible information, and protocols. I may inquire about the specific situation at a later date. I'm looking forward to seeing what feedback is received based on the questions above! Much obliged.

Top Bottom