CHP REMINDER EMAILS WITH WORD DOC?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gerberman

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Does anyone know if La. CHP sends out a reminder email for renewals with a Word doc attached? From @la.gov email address. Never seen this before.

frankinola

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    if you look at their website, it says:
    Permit holders will be notified in writing at their address of record (keep this updated at all times) approximately 120 days prior to the expiration of the permit.
    If you have access to the internet; upon notification, download the application from the State Police website (https://chp-web.dps.louisiana.gov/) complete the renewal application, and submit your training certificate and the appropriate fees.
    If you do not have access to the internet; please contact the Concealed Handgun Unit and request an application via telephone (225) 925-4867, go to your local library to use the computer or send your request for a packet to: Louisiana State Police, Concealed Handgun Permit Unit, P.O.Box 66375, Baton Rouge, LA 70896.
    The fees for renewal applications are the same as an original, minus the additional $50.00 fee from those persons that have not resided in the state for the past fifteen (15) years, providing this fee was previously submitted with the original application.

you can always call them to verify

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Never received any notification prior to my last renewal of 5/14/23....And since the law changed to allow honorably discharged veteran to concealed carry without a CHP I opted to save the classroom refresher cost fee to renew and just carry proof of honorable discharge veteran status. .............................. drill sgt....

Last edited:

Big H

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 3, 2010
    Lake Charles, La. 70607
    Received mine by mail---may do what drill sgt is doing---I already have a driver's license with veteran
    status on it, I'm also a very senior citizen. I will save only the class fee as I understand it.

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Carry my La drivers license showing veteran / VA medical card / laminated DD-214 copy(reduced size copied and laminated at office depot)(proof of seperation from active duty service).. But still carry my expired CHP. ......................................... drill sgt.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Carry my La drivers license showing veteran / VA medical card / laminated DD-214 copy(reduced size copied and laminated at office depot)(proof of seperation from active duty service).. But still carry my expired CHP. ......................................... drill sgt.
    I think you're supposed to send your old CHP to LSP. I have my CHP on my La Wallet too

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kjstang02
    Top Bottom