Constitutional carry in LA?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mitch Dufour

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Ruston
    Now how long is it going to take Landry to push this through?
    My guess ? Five years--- he will promise to get right on it when he gets re-elected.
    charlie brown football.gif

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    can open carry though see you boys at the Saloon. View attachment 151242
    I was thinking kinda along the same line of thought.
    Open Carry.....but make sure no one can possibly say it was concealed. (IE) Carry something ridicules. And you can say, you really think this was hidden?

Attachments

• 20231114_154658.jpg
      20231114_154658.jpg
      389 KB · Views: 45

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Message from GOA. SB1 has made it out of committee and is set to be heard on the Senate floor tomorrow (2/22/24):

Constitutional Carry Bill SB1 and Limitation of Liability Bill SB 2 to be Heard on the Senate Floor!

Dear Eric,

Constitutional Carry Bill SB 1 and the limitation of liability bill SB 2 by Senator Blake Miguez have both passed out of committee and will be heard on the Senate floor tomorrow afternoon.

Take action and urge your state senator to SUPPORT Constitutional Carry!

SB 1 restores the ability of law-abiding gun owners, 18 years and older, to carry a concealed handgun in Louisiana without a permit, while SB 2 limits potential civil liability against individuals who own, possess, use, or carry a concealed handgun under Louisiana’s concealed handgun permit statute.

I would like to thank everyone who made it down to the Capitol for the hearings yesterday as well as everyone who has taken action so far in support of our rights.

Now, I am asking again that you please take action and urge your state senator to SUPPORT your constitutionally protected right to keep and bear arms!

In Liberty, 

Joshua S. Barnhill 
    Louisiana Director
    Gun Owners of America 

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    I’m sure that part will be removed and reinstated to 21 years old… hopefully that will be the only change and it won’t be gutted on the floor
    I thought that you had to be 21 to buy a handgun in La? I may have missed that change, but assuming that it didn't, would you now be able to CC something that you can't legally buy?

Top Bottom